• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty 2024 is Black Ops: Gulf War

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job

A new report has revealed that the next Call of Duty Black Ops title will be set in the Gulf War.

The first rumors of a Gulf War setting first originated in 2022 following Call of Duty mobile leaks that revealed the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk, a retired American attack aircraft introduced in October 1983.

Earlier this year, Insider Gaming reported that Call of Duty 2024 is under the codename Cerberus and is currently planned to be released on past-generation consoles.

The new details from WindowsCentral state that the new game will be set in the Gulf War, with a strong focus on the CIA.

Although not yet officially confirmed, WindowsCentral points out that it’s likely the next game will be called “Black Ops: Gulf War”, which is the title Insider Gaming can corroborate as being dubbed the title for the next installment.

One of the major new pieces of news coming from the report is the pre-order bonuses that Activision hopes to implement with the next title.

According to the report, Activision is even exploring the idea of weeks of early access to its Zombies mode.

As reported by Twitter account CharlieINTEL, the next Call of Duty title will be the first to have a four-year development cycle.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Happy Party Animal GIF by Game Two

twilo99

Ok but how are they going to handle the Warzone integration? Its always going to messy/tricky to that and I think its holding the CoD teams back..

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
We say that each year
NY27acj.jpg

I mean they're coming off of the lowest reviewed COD in franchise history, and are following up with a COD title that has been given the longest development time in franchise history.

I think these circumstances are a little bit more unique than in past years.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I mean they're coming off of the lowest reviewed COD in franchise history, and are following up with a COD title that has been given the longest development time in franchise history.

I think these circumstances are a little bit more unique than in past years.
Since the introduction of SBMM and warzone integration they ruined it
And warzone will hold it back because it has to support last gen consoles too

Nvzman

For me Treyarch games are just more fun. Cold War is my fave COD since Blops 4. IW and Sledgehammer games feel like complete asshole in comparison.
I actually like Sledgehammers stuff but it's because Treyarch is the only dev that actually delivers on well designed cod games. MW2019 may have looked and sounded great, but it played like utter shit in mp due to the awful weapon balancing and map design and such. Treyarch always kills it in that regard

clarky

Gold Member
Sounds good to me. My guess is we will get some sort of DLC masquerading as a sequel the year after (DLC if they have and sense) then a "proper" MW3/4 in 26.

Personally i think this is the way they should go. 2 years in-between main releases. Give each a 4 year dev cycle with DLC in-between.

Last edited:
We say that each year
NY27acj.jpg

I actually like both Infinity Ward AND Treyarch...I get pissed when Sledgehammer is remotely involved with the development, that is when it goes to shit...

EDIT: I know they are all involved with each game in some aspect, but you can always tell when Sledgehammer is heavily involved.

Last edited:
For me Treyarch games are just more fun. Cold War is my fave COD since Blops 4. IW and Sledgehammer games feel like complete asshole in comparison.
Funny because to me, Treyarch has only released 2 good games in their entire history. World at war and the first black ops. The rest is call of duty boring ops.

jorgejjvr

Love to hear it

Treyarch makes the best cod games, and now they got 4 years. Sounds like a dream to me

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Funny because to me, Treyarch has only released 2 good games in their entire history. World at war and the first black ops. The rest is call of duty boring ops.
Bo2 is literally the best game in the series. Overall cod series I mean, not just black ops games

Bo3 was the best with advanced movement

BO4 and cold war were weaker entries. But still better than the new MW and anything sledgehammer has pulled out.

Heck, even their Blackout battle Royale is better than warzone in my probably unpopular opinion lol

Last edited:

MirageMew2

As reported by Twitter account CharlieINTEL, the next Call of Duty title will be the first to have a four-year development cycle.

I swear they’ve said this about the last 3 CoDs lmao

Always down for Treyarch, BOCW was legitimately the last good CoD and the first next-gen CoD at that

Last edited:
Top Bottom