• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Vanguard Sold 30 Million Copies

Zuzu

I bought it but it's an awful game. MW3 is very good wrt multiplayer (campaign was poor though) and is far superior multiplayer-wise.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well, to my defense I bought it for around €25 I think and only because one of my friends insisted. 😅
Get your friend and slap him cross the face.
200w.gif

They are bad influence.

BigLee74

Look I don't think anything is wrong with the 30 million who want to buy and play Call of Duty, they're free to play whatever the fuck they want btw.

However I think maybe something is more crazy with the general so-called "hardcore" gaming community that seemed to be under such a ridiculous fucking massive delusion you guys perceive your opinion is supported by the majority with not a single piece of data to even remotely fucking support this...

I mean my God how many fucking times is something like Call of Duty or Madden or Fifa needs to break numerous records for you to realize your feelings regarding it is not relevant to the majority?

This would be like acting surprise that millions are playing fortnight lol

( It's not saying I like the game btw )

If it's saying I'm completely fucking aware there's a ridiculous amount that do actually like and support it so I think maybe some of you guys need to get off of that high horse it's almost as if you guys are completely detached from reality....
A bit ranty, but I agree!

I mean, is it really that surprising? CoD as a brand still carries some degree of recognition even if its original foundation has been deteriorating for years. Its like the MacDonalds of video games.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Only played the campaign and it was the wokest shit ever. I mean, you know it’s bad when even Kotaku call you out for it. It was straight out embarrassing.

twilo99

Apparently Gulf War had 4 year development put into it… Isn’t that abnormally long for a CoD game ?

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Apparently Gulf War had 4 year development put into it… Isn’t that abnormally long for a CoD game ?
Is Gulf War the 1 coming this yr or next ? So many leaks i get them mixed up but im quietly excited for a COD set during the Gulf War.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
You can’t in good conscience say Vanguard was bad and MW3 is good in the same sentence, if you want any kind of credibility with your post.

twilo99

You can’t in good conscience say Vanguard was bad and MW3 is good in the same sentence, if you want any kind of credibility with your post.

From what I’ve observed there are different “flavors” of CoD that appeal to different people, which makes the whole franchise rather unique.

I personally think that 2019 was very well executed and it looked and played great, especially on mouse/keyboard.

The current one is also very good.. I’ve been playing it a lot.

When you combine the multiplayer aspect with the BR and resurgence you end up with an extremely compelling package for people who enjoy playing FPS games against other humans.

If you like going up against AI in single player, CoD is quite weak imo.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
From what I’ve observed there are different “flavors” of CoD that appeal to different people, which makes the whole franchise rather unique.

I personally think that 2019 was very well executed and it looked and played great, especially on mouse/keyboard.

The current one is also very good.. I’ve been playing it a lot.

When you combine the multiplayer aspect with the BR and resurgence you end up with an extremely compelling package for people who enjoy playing FPS games against other humans.

If you like going up against AI in single player, CoD is quite weak imo.
I love Cold War truthfully, and I just discovered it. But, man…the MW rehashes, or remasters, or whatever they are supposed to be, not doing it for me.

twilo99

If I had to capture the “essence” of Call of Duty in one image it would be this

Last edited:
Top Bottom