• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I need to take a break. The DLC maps all suck, the only map I really love rarely get played (Atlas Gorge). Hopefully the next DLC will have better maps.

shanafan

I need to take a break. The DLC maps all suck, the only map I really love rarely get played (Atlas Gorge). Hopefully the next DLC will have better maps.

Oh man, I love the new maps with Sideshow and Urban! Core is too slow, but Drift isn't too bad - just can't compare to how awesome Sideshow and Urban are. I am very impressed with Havoc.

I'm having so many issues with the patch and dlc.

The GD laser is even more broken.

I prestiged and my obsidian steed is nowhere to be found.

The game crashes with the new maps more often than it doesn't.

I have to login over and over again before it works.

Sometimes it says I straight up haven't bought the season pass and I get locked out of all of the content.

Hacked lobbies.

Sledgehammer's company motto must be "Over promise; under deliver."

I wouldn't touch another one of their $100 free2play games with someone else's ten foot pole.

People act like funding an early access game is a risk, but I think it is nothing compared to buying a AAA game.

shanafan

I'm having so many issues with the patch and dlc.

The GD laser is even more broken.

I prestiged and my obsidian steed is nowhere to be found.

The game crashes with the new maps more often than it doesn't.

I have to login over and over again before it works.

Sometimes it says I straight up haven't bought the season pass and I get locked out of all of the content.

Hacked lobbies.

Sledgehammer's company motto must be "Over promise; under deliver."

I wouldn't touch another one of their $100 free2play games with someone else's ten foot pole.

What console are you playing AW on? I am on Xbox One, and haven't had any issues (expect I haven't prestiged high enough yet to get the new weapons)

What about hacked lobbies? What is happening in the match?

What console are you playing AW on? I am on Xbox One, and haven't had any issues (expect I haven't prestiged high enough yet to get the new weapons)

What about hacked lobbies? What is happening in the match?

The PC version is a train wreck. We get patches weeks after the Xbox and none of the specific PC issues are addressed.

The absolute worst is that the EM1 laser's damage is tied to frame rate. If your PC runs the game higher than 60fps your laser does more damage. If you are also lucky enough to get a pwner, it instagibs people. Rather than fix the issue we just got the Xbox patch that BUFFS the freaking laser. It is a nightmare. It is easily twice as powerful as the asm1.

In a hacked lobby the host will migrate and all of a sudden one player will have infinite score streaks, so there will be system hack until end of round and infinite walker tanks and everything else. There is one guy named Troll God that I have been seeing on a daily basis for months and every time we report him, but there he is month after month. I just think of Troll God as the game's mascot now. It is like fighting a boss because he is just always there.

This is a real 'remember to drink your Ovaltine' moment for me. I can't believe I gave these people so much money, or the benefit of the doubt that they would eventually make it right. I hope for their sake the Microsoft money keeps coming.

WHAT

Is this real?!

Wow, boy am I glad I got the PS4 version, at least.

Yeah. It is crazy. It has been like that since launch. They don't give a shit. Ruins probably 4 out of 5 games.

It is extra hilarious when coupled with the supply drop system. If you have a slow PC and bad luck with supply drops you get a normal laser. If you have a good PC and get a PWNER you get to instakill people with a weapon that has unlimited ammo and perfect hipfire.

aravuus

Oh man, wish I could get the PC version super cheap somewhere. I'm sure I can run AW at 200+ fps easily, would love to give the broken laser gun a try lol

zychi

Banned
The PC version is a train wreck. We get patches weeks after the Xbox and none of the specific PC issues are addressed.

The absolute worst is that the EM1 laser's damage is tied to frame rate. If your PC runs the game higher than 60fps your laser does more damage. If you are also lucky enough to get a pwner, it instagibs people. Rather than fix the issue we just got the Xbox patch that BUFFS the freaking laser. It is a nightmare. It is easily twice as powerful as the asm1.

In a hacked lobby the host will migrate and all of a sudden one player will have infinite score streaks, so there will be system hack until end of round and infinite walker tanks and everything else. There is one guy named Troll God that I have been seeing on a daily basis for months and every time we report him, but there he is month after month. I just think of Troll God as the game's mascot now. It is like fighting a boss because he is just always there.

This is a real 'remember to drink your Ovaltine' moment for me. I can't believe I gave these people so much money, or the benefit of the doubt that they would eventually make it right. I hope for their sake the Microsoft money keeps coming.

your first mistake was buying a post cod4 game on pc.

Jaeger

The advanced drops are a joke. You attempt to gouge more money at least do like others do with micro DLC and let people buy the actual items they want. Set up a store front. Buying chances that are no more higher than the normal ones is trash.

Oh man, wish I could get the PC version super cheap somewhere. I'm sure I can run AW at 200+ fps easily, would love to give the broken laser gun a try lol

I'm not going to lie, I tried it with the crappy lel variant I have and I was giggling for like an hour afterwards.

aravuus

It's one of those stupid things you'll likely have a shitload of fun for a short while. I remember when MW2's PS3 version was plagued with hacked servers and I'm not gonna deny it, I had a LOT of fun on the no-reload rapid-fire servers for an evening. Of course, it got old after a weekend and I stopped playing the game.

Daffy Duck

I'm getting sick of this whole patches dropping frist on xbox platforms, I'm not usre if I 100% believe them about going to Sony for certification yadda yadda or they just don't give a shit because of the MS money.

Nvzman

I'm getting sick of this whole patches dropping frist on xbox platforms, I'm not usre if I 100% believe them about going to Sony for certification yadda yadda or they just don't give a shit because of the MS money.
Personally I get the feeling that they deliberately submit the PS4 patches later so they can technically say it's the certification.

I've been scouring gaming forums trying to find a single person on PC that reached Grand Master Prestige and actually got an Obsidian Steed.

The multiplayer is dead to me. I'll probably never buy another game from these fuckfaces.

Exo Zombies is pretty fun, if limited. God I can't wait for Killing Floor 2.

LoveCake

Seen this for £26 new on PS4 is it worth buying it now at that price, i do like FPS games, but still have Alien Isolation & Wolfenstein to finish, is that £26 a too good to be true price?

That new PS4 update coming that allows you to reassign buttons at a system level might make me come back to the game if I can switch X (jump) with L1 (exo ability). Bumper jumping would be awesome and level the playing field with the asshole ScuF users.

malfcn

Why the fuck do FMV sequences get all choppy for me.
Even reloaded the scene a few times and got stutter in different spots..

Re beat the game on Vet since I didn't do it the first time.
I had forgotten the ending. Overall pretty fun. One thing I enjoyed is that harder difficulties didn't really make any enemy spongy, a head shot was a head shot.

Putch

Neo Member
The advanced drops are a joke. You attempt to gouge more money at least do like others do with micro DLC and let people buy the actual items they want. Set up a store front. Buying chances that are no more higher than the normal ones is trash.

Not to mention how ridiculously expensive advanced supply drops are. I really wish there was an alternative way of earning advanced supply drops or 'elite drops' rather than earning through time played. Getting to prestige 30, which unlocks all elite weapons, is just silly.

Marvel

could never
I love this game man, can't stop playing.

I gotta ask, if anyone has Riot map for survival be willing to let me mooch it? dying for the zombie skin, don't have the time to grind it out.

PSN: Assassio

I play versus MP a lot so if you want to team up after and shoot shit I'm game.

Jaeger

Not to mention how ridiculously expensive advanced supply drops are. I really wish there was an alternative way of earning advanced supply drops or 'elite drops' rather than earning through time played. Getting to prestige 30, which unlocks all elite weapons, is just silly.

I thought you got just one of each? You get all elites at the highest prestige?

Jaeger

I hit Max Prestige and it didn't drop the Exo to finish off my suit. Then I went Grand Master and I didn't get the Obsidian Steed. I wouldn't prestige at all at this point.

Oh yea, I've been reading about the issues on PC. I'm not going Master Prestige until it's fixed.

Putch

Neo Member
I thought you got just one of each? You get all elites at the highest prestige?

Yeah. The developer hinted that the rest of the elite weapons, which were not in the list, are earned at grand master prestige.

No one really answered this. Do I need to prestige to get Elites or just those Elite variants or do they still randomly drop in care packages?

So normal supply drops still randomly give you either elites, professional and enlisted items based on time played, not leveling up.

But now in addition, they introduced a way to earn advanced supply drops, which increases your odds of getting an elite item. In order to earn these advanced supply drops, you must level up. After reaching ranks 20, 30, 40 and after reaching prestige, you will unlock advanced supply drops.

TomShoe

Banned
Man, I just got back after like a month, and I suck now. Just went 1 - 16 on TDM. I don't know what it is about CoDs, but I always do so much better in Treyarch CoDs than in any other style. Or maybe I'm just losing my touch for twitch shooters. It's depressing. I'm 19, shouldn't be losing my skill already.

Daffy Duck

Man, I just got back after like a month, and I suck now. Just went 1 - 16 on TDM. I don't know what it is about CoDs, but I always do so much better in Treyarch CoDs than in any other style. Or maybe I'm just losing my touch for twitch shooters. It's depressing. I'm 19, shouldn't be losing my skill already.

It's just this game that punishes you with the movement, I went back to black ops 2 the other week after not playing for months and on my second game I went 28-1, my other games I had a kd of 2 or more.

shanafan

Guys is it worth buying the Havoc DLC? Feels like a good moment to jump back in.

I love the new maps. Sideshow has a "Studio/Firing Range" feel, Urban is fun close quarters combat, Drift is a nice large ski resort map. Core is like a factory map, it's ok. But Urban and Sideshow does it for me perfectly.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So I've always wondered this but...

Does buying the DLC maps split the community?

I'm worried that if I get the season pass and start getting the map packs that the number of eligible games will slowly start to decline.

Is there any truth to this?

So I've always wondered this but...

Does buying the DLC maps split the community?

I'm worried that if I get the season pass and start getting the map packs that the number of eligible games will slowly start to decline.

Is there any truth to this?

The DLC packs are designed to split the community.

Daffy Duck

I always enjoy it when Condrey goes out of his way to respond YouTubers, because they are the only ones that matter apparently.

Of course they are, it's sad to see both Ali A and Tmartn pushing their videos with 100+ Advanced Supply Drop videos, makes the kids who watch it think about dropping stacks on them as well in the hope they'll get something out of them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have to be prestige master to get an Advanced Supply Drop?

I haven't gotten one since the update, bit I did get an AK12 RIP yesterday in a normal one, too bad I already have it diamond or whatever.

Top Bottom