• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I made a post complaining about the influence YouTubers and "pro" players have the series on Reddit and I was shot down hard.

No matter how much they try, Call of Duty will never be competitive on the level of CounterStrike or even fighting games with their current business model. In the meantime it hurts normal players.

I'm thankful that EA DICE gave up on eSports for Battlefield already.

Daffy Duck

HBRa3 Insanity is silly good, BAL/ASM are still very popular as I type this on PS4 as the update hasn't dropped yet, unsure how outclassed they are now since the update.

shanafan

HBRa3 Insanity is silly good, BAL/ASM are still very popular as I type this on PS4 as the update hasn't dropped yet, unsure how outclassed they are now since the update.

I struggled to maintain a positive K/D with the ASM since the update. Maybe it was an off night for me, but it was a struggle.

Daffy Duck

I really wish they would communicate with us Sony owners who are waiting for this patch to drop, I mean what the hell......all we get is a shitty update last week of "it's with first party approval" and nothing since.

I've tweeted the troll machine that is Condrey twice and SHG asking and because I'm not a YouTuber or a troll and just a little guy I get nothing back.

They really do treat Sony players as secnd class citizens, it's the first time I've felt it as all other CoD's I have had on 360, this is really pissing me off. I hope Treyarch are better in November with support for other consoles.

I don't want to believe this is down to the MS deal, but the skeptic in me says it is.

Nvzman

I really wish they would communicate with us Sony owners who are waiting for this patch to drop, I mean what the hell......all we get is a shitty update last week of "it's with first party approval" and nothing since.

I've tweeted the troll machine that is Condrey twice and SHG asking and because I'm not a YouTuber or a troll and just a little guy I get nothing back.

They really do treat Sony players as secnd class citizens, it's the first time I've felt it as all other CoD's I have had on 360, this is really pissing me off. I hope Treyarch are better in November with support for other consoles.

I don't want to believe this is down to the MS deal, but the skeptic in me says it is.
Yeah, and the worst part is that the balancing update really did jack shit in terms of real balancing. All that really happened was that an already okay weapon turned great (ARX) and ASM1 got a minor nerf.
Until I see a significant buff to the MK14 or EPM3 or any of the other near-useless guns in the game I'm not going to give a shit about a non-DLC update.

Putch

Neo Member
Patch just went live for the PS4. Downloading 1.91GB of goodness now!

Honestly can't wait to try the Obsidian steed. Wanted it since the launch of this game...

shanafan

Patch just went live for the PS4. Downloading 1.91GB of goodness now!

Honestly can't wait to try the Obsidian steed. Wanted it since the launch of this game...

Did PS4 have already have Advanced Supply Drops, or are those brand new with this patch?

I downloaded the patch but my PS4 always starts to install the patch, but it can't finish it. I tried to delet the patch and redownload the patch, but it didnÄt worked.
Any Ideas ?

There are another 15 prestiges added, and you get an Elite weapon at each one. The first is the Obsidian Steed.

I finally got it after 11 days in-game... and then another one dropped 2 hours later.

shanafan

There are another 15 prestiges added, and you get an Elite weapon at each one. The first is the Obsidian Steed.

I finally got it after 11 days in-game... and then another one dropped 2 hours later.

That's usually how it works ;)

I can remember farming for loot in WoW, and getting nothing for hours. But then getting doubles quickly.

Putch

Neo Member
Did PS4 have already have Advanced Supply Drops, or are those brand new with this patch?

PS4 did not have advanced supply drops and still doesn't for some odd reason. o_O After I prestiged, I did not recieve an advanced supply drop, as promised :/

Excuse my ignorance..but what does the new update have to do with the Obsidian Steed?

The patch adds 15 extra master prestiges for max prestige players. Every time you prestige after the 15th prestige, you unlock an elite weapon.

I am master prestige already. So after I reached 16th prestige, I automatically unlocked the obsidian steed.

More here:
https://community.sledgehammergames...ter-prestige-to-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

Metfanant

The patch adds 15 extra master prestiges for max prestige players. Every time you prestige after the 15th prestige, you unlock an elite weapon.

I am master prestige already. So after I reached 16th prestige, I automatically unlocked the obsidian steed.

More here:
https://community.sledgehammergames...ter-prestige-to-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

GOT IT! i knew about the added prestige levels...but didn't read into it enough to see that there were Elite weapons tied to the prestige levels...

Not that im there yet (only working up to Prestige 9 right now)...but what happens when we get to 16 and we already HAVE the Obsidian Steed?

GOT IT! i knew about the added prestige levels...but didn't read into it enough to see that there were Elite weapons tied to the prestige levels...

Not that im there yet (only working up to Prestige 9 right now)...but what happens when we get to 16 and we already HAVE the Obsidian Steed?

You get another one you can redeem.

Daffy Duck

Wow, had a few games on the PS4 last night and it was try hard central, the last few games I had Saturday night where I did well must have had a huge impact on my skill levels.

There was like 4 people all 1/2 level of the new prestiges in the lobby and the rest where level 15 prestige, they were jumping around like flees from one spot to the next, needless to say I got wasted and only just managed to go positive.

Ganhyun

So, I am trying out Gamefly and this game should arrive today or possibly tomorrow. I will likely play through the story first, then maybe test the multiplayer out (which everyone I know keeps telling me its broken and full of hackers, glitchers, and cheaters). Any tips for someone new to the game? I've played most of the past COD games, but I know this one adds alot with the exo suits apparently.

Is any variation of the EM1 actually good? Seems impossible to use at range and pointless up close.

The em1 is amazing. Like the previous poster said the key is having gung ho equipped because the em1 hipfire is probably the best in the game, and that is how you get close quarters kills with it mostly. I don't have a Pwner yet, but the stock em1 is fine, and other decent ones are the Polar Vortex, LEL, or dimension. For attachments, I use the foregrip, QuickDraw, and the heat sink.

Sadly I can't use it on PC because it is bugged and everyone throws homophobic insults at me if I equip it.

Question:
-have a PS+ account set as primary on my PS4
-bought Havoc mappack on that account
-made another account (has no ps+ and didnt set as primary)
-both accounts have the mappack but the other account I made: the AE4 is locked

Is this how its supposed to be or is it a problem with the game?

I mean I have the maps working for both accounts but the AE4 is locked on the new 1.
Whats the deal here?

Putch

Neo Member
Question:
-have a PS+ account set as primary on my PS4
-bought Havoc mappack on that account
-made another account (has no ps+ and didnt set as primary)
-both accounts have the mappack but the other account I made: the AE4 is locked

Is this how its supposed to be or is it a problem with the game?

I mean I have the maps working for both accounts but the AE4 is locked on the new 1.
Whats the deal here?

This happened to me also but it eventually got fixed. Try setting your other account as primary and see if that works.

If I remember correctly, I think Activision assist said that micro dlc's only work for primary account users. I maybe wrong though.

This happened to me also but it eventually got fixed. Try setting your other account as primary and see if that works.

If I remember correctly, I think Activision assist said that micro dlc's only work for primary account users. I maybe wrong though.
Yeah I tried setting the other account as primary, even re-installed the DLC, but still didnt work.

EDIT: Solved. Did some searching around, and all it took was one PM to one of the Activision support members on their forum and he unlocked it for me.
If you have the same problem just PM me and I'll give you the link to whom you should contact.

How do I play online with two people doing local splitscreen? I've got a couple kids who want to play together on one screen but with other people.

more details: I have two gold accounts on the xbox one in question.

nm I think I figured it out.

Jaeger

A running theory has been you get better supply drops in the arlier onset of the game, and better drops without prestiging. And that when you do prestige you start getting crappy drops. Some people have tested this out, and I'm the next to do so.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2x8one/the_truth_about_supply_drops_and_rng/

So far, I've been playing for about 7 hours on a fresh Steam Key, and already got one of my most wanted Elites that has eluded me since launch day, the Steel Bite. Which is crazy. Every other Supply Drop is an Elite. So far I have the ;

qyCBZXA.jpg
t53u9Nv.jpg

NA-45 - Ravager
Pytaek - Exploit
ARX-160 - Steel Bite
Heavy Shield - Salvation
Maelstrom Helmet

Which is compared to no elites in over a week in the other account.

Anyway, all this leads me to believe is that the so called "random" drops aren't actually random at all. Here is my updated want list for this go round;

The top of the list as per usual, is the Inferno. Another that I never got on the original account. Hopefully I can snag it here on the new one with seemingly better chances.

I think the mp11 Goliath might be my favorite weapon in the game, which is crazy because I usually hate SMGs in any other shooter. It feels like it is balanced perfectly with the exo movements and the size of the maps.

Nvzman

A running theory has been you get better supply drops in the arlier onset of the game, and better drops without prestiging. And that when you do prestige you start getting crappy drops. Some people have tested this out, and I'm the next to do so.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2x8one/the_truth_about_supply_drops_and_rng/

So far, I've been playing for about 7 hours on a fresh Steam Key, and already got one of my most wanted Elites that has eluded me since launch day, the Steel Bite. Which is crazy. Every other Supply Drop is an Elite. So far I have the ;

Which is compared to no elites in over a week in the other account.

Anyway, all this leads me to believe is that the so called "random" drops aren't actually random at all. Here is my updated want list for this go round;

The top of the list as per usual, is the Inferno. Another that I never got on the original account. Hopefully I can snag it here on the new one with seemingly better chances.
Is the Rail Driver really that good? I have one but I never bothered with it.

Is the Rail Driver really that good? I have one but I never bothered with it.

I don't really get the rail driver. Even with the plus 3 damage I sometimes get hit markers up close. Maybe it boosts long range damage? But with the minus 3 accuracy it is pretty floaty and hard to hit at range.

Just bought the Havoc dlc. I'm pretty excited to play the zombie mode. That said this will be the first and last dlc I buy for the game, since I don't play enough to justify it.

mjc

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm asking for my brother who has this on X1...

Has the zombie DLC been released yet for Xbox One? He bought the $50 DLC pack but he says the zombie DLC hasn't shown up yet.

I loved Zombie Exo mode until I realized how fucking ridiculous and unfair it is. My highest round has been 24 and I was the highest of my team with +850 kills. I know the map like the palm of my hand, but depending on the zombie you sometimes go down after 3-4 hits.Then you have the 3-printers which can be so random and you end with shitty weapons most of the time. If you add how addicting this game mode is the frustration goes through the rough since each round my take up to 50 min if you last part round 20.

Trying the easter egg mission is just as ridiculous. The people making it past round 25 and doing the easter egg most be really skilled or I just suck really bad. Either way I'm done with AW, but I can't wait for this year CoD release. Everything about AW was amazing, hopefully they keep up the good job this year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of people seem to love the HBRa3 but I just don't do well at all with it for some reason, it has a weird recoil. I've tried using the standard and the Bear Fist, but I'm awful with both.

Top Bottom