• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 |OT| Back to black

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I must say, slightly disappointed with the poor iq in Blackout on Pro. No improvement since beta, and texture loading delays and other glitches seem more prominent now even.

Treyarch can’t upgrade the hardware though.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Shroud and his mates are shitting all over blackout saying its probably gonna die quick. WTF do these br players want out of a br game? They say PUBG is terrible and don't want to play it but every game that comes out that changes something small from the PUBG formula is crap for not being like PUBG.

Last edited:
Shroud and his mates are shitting all over blackout saying its probably gonna die quick. WTF do these br players want out of a br game? They say PUBG is terrible and don't want to play it but every game that comes out that changes something small from the PUBG formula is crap for not being like PUBG.

I haven´t played the game yet so I can´t speak for its quality. That being said, big name twitch channels are all about appealing to the lowest common denominator and there isn´t a lower hanging fruit on the planet than talking shit about call of duty. Whatever gets the memes rolling in chat.

Modu5

Neo Member
not a huge fan of the class based MP but still having fun. blackout is pretty awesome, uprising how well it looks on PC

For those of you who haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself to load up one of the zombies maps (I'd recommend Blood of the Dead) and try out the new cell shaded graphics option Treyarch has added into the game.

It looks crazy. Almost like you're playing Call of Borderlands 4.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
For those of you who haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself to load up one of the zombies maps (I'd recommend Blood of the Dead) and try out the new cell shaded graphics option Treyarch has added into the game.

I intend to do this!

LegendOfKage

Gold Member

That sounds really cool! Thanks for pointing it out.

Tesseract

Banned

shroud has been playing for like 19 hours or something, he's been pretty positive about it

doc loves it too

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
https://www.flickr.com/photos/167113595@N07/

If the game doesn't have a single player campaign then what justifies the cost in relation to the games' budget? $129.00 is more than twice the amount of the base game, of which all of the content minus the Season Pass should have been included. Tired of these tactics by publishers. No more.

Catphish

Tempted for sure, but after the biblical disappointment that WWII was to me, I'm extremely hesitant to buy.

Also, I'm only interested in the PC version, and the player count as well as potential cheating issues have me concerned, too.

Grinchy

Banned
Blackout is so much fun. Even when losing, it's still fun.

The regular game, on the other hand, is as COD as COD can get - spammy, mindless, one team dominates the other every time, ect.

Tygeezy

Blackout is so much fun. Even when losing, it's still fun.

The regular game, on the other hand, is as COD as COD can get - spammy, mindless, one team dominates the other every time, ect.
Yeah, I don't see myself playing much of it. Predominantly blackout with a splash of zombies (especially for Halloween.)

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Tempted for sure, but after the biblical disappointment that WWII was to me, I'm extremely hesitant to buy.

The thing is, they're completely different developers. For me, Call of Duty games might as well come out every three years, because the other two developers just don't make very good games.

If the game doesn't have a single player campaign then what justifies the cost in relation to the games' budget? $129.00 is more than twice the amount of the base game, of which all of the content minus the Season Pass should have been included. Tired of these tactics by publishers. No more.

Last time a Black Ops game was released, the game was 60 dollars, which basically meant you paid 20 for campaign, 20 for multiplayer, and 20 for zombies. This year, the game is 60 dollars, which basically means you pay 20 for Blackout, 20 for multiplayer, and 20 for zombies.

I don't understand how these are "tactics" by the publishers.

I made it through about five or six missions in the Black Ops 3 campaign, and I thought it was the worst COD campaign I ever played. Even if I happened to love it, there's not a lot of replay value there. If you want a great shooter campaign, maybe try Titanfall 2. If you want a good single player game, Red Dead Redemption 2 is less than two weeks away.

And if you don't want to pay 130 dollars for COD, then don't. I sure didn't.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm tempted but I hated BLOPS3.
That game just played and felt different to every other Dec made COD, didn't like it one bit.
While people dislike other COD's and think they not as good its the opposite for me.

Last edited:
I'm tempted but I hated BLOPS3.
That game just played and felt different to every other Dec made COD, didn't like it one bit.
While people dislike other COD's and think they not as good its the opposite for me.
If you hated BO3, do yourself a favour and save your money.

The_Mike

Nice to see how popular Black Ops 4 is even though it has no single player
E7kUESl.jpg

Shmunter

If you hated BO3, do yourself a favour and save your money.

Not necessarily. I don’t like BO3 MP much and prefer the simpler stylings of WW2. But BO4 may be worth it for Blackout depending on the individual. Certainly is for me, it’s monumentally great.

On a separate note, I poked into the theatre mode which is a welcome return from BO1. It allows you to replay all your past games from any angle and perspective. However all the games are cut to around two minutes, I assume this is a bug and not something I’m overlooking?

Last edited:

The_Mike

Fuck that.

This is not a good sign for the future games without campaing

It’s a fine sign.

It shows that games, wether they have SP or not, can be successful.

There’s plenty of games with campaigns. It’s so sad the majority of us are a bunch of egoists that doesn’t care about anyone else about ourselves, and hates when someone is having fun with something we don’t like.

Codes 208

To me, listening to people complaining this cod doesnt have a campaign is like going to mcdonalds and getting mad they dont sell steaks. Cod has been a mp-centric game for years, getting celebrities to play a role or two never stopped that.

Besides we havent had a good cod campign since blops 2. Good riddance imo, ill gladly take more zombies and blackout over a linear 5 hour long romp ill play once for achievements only.

GreatnessRD

So my digital copy has crashed 3 times on my PS4 Pro and corrupted my data. I was level 25. I hate you, Treyarch with every fiber of my being. Always got some shit with your games! NEVER FAILS!

Blackout was fun though. Oh well, RIP for me though.

PsyEd

PC is dead for all modes apart from blackout. If I got like 3 kills in a row...in matter of minutes people on the other team leave and tdm session no long available...wtf? And for me random connection interrupted is the main reason for BO mode deaths. So had enough and then got the x1X version as well. Visually it's a downgrade from PC but I'm enjoying my money's worth...I can play all modes online!

Now in X for TDM was getting owned by already lvl 40+ npc style players...then I just thought hold on...this is actually a Black Ops 1/2 MP remaster with a futuristic mod! I can remember most of the maps(aka camp spots)...so I also remembered to get me a LMG and play it slowly instead of BLOPS3 bum rush style..K/D ratio is always positive or crazy at times. I don't really like the game but I needed a new CoD fix....the ww1/2 stuff don't work for me. IMHO it's an OK CoD game to kill time.

The_Mike

So my digital copy has crashed 3 times on my PS4 Pro and corrupted my data. I was level 25. I hate you, Treyarch with every fiber of my being. Always got some shit with your games! NEVER FAILS!

Blackout was fun though. Oh well, RIP for me though.

Ouch that sucks, I really feel for you. Have you tried that before?

Just curious, as I’ve played all the games on Xbox One and never had the issue.

Can’t you delete your save and get it from the cloud?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Shouldn't that stuff be saved on the COD servers anyway?

GreatnessRD

Have a tried what before?

And I would hope its saved to the servers since its online-only, but I don't know at this point. I just turned the game off and got on PC because I was steaming, haha.

Whoa can not believe how many people must have zero standards when choosing what game to play just by looking at those twitch numbers.

Not only blackout has no proper gameplay to support battle royale mode, but it performs so much worse than pubg. Juts proves to me that there are so many more casuals in gaming who like games where there's literally no learning curve in it.

crobb991

Banned
not touching this cod game. i cant justify a game with no single player campaign.

had a lot of fun with the ww2 game and was hopeful for more

ill stick to ww2 and my recent cod4 remaster purchase

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just won a duos game and I'm still shaking lol. BR wins are always huge adrenaline dumps for me.

Last edited:

The_Mike

not touching this cod game. i cant justify a game with no single player campaign.

had a lot of fun with the ww2 game and was hopeful for more

ill stick to ww2 and my recent cod4 remaster purchase

A good thing you can vote with your wallet then. But won’t the campaign be boring to play again for the 100th time?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
PC is dead for all modes apart from blackout. If I got like 3 kills in a row...in matter of minutes people on the other team leave and tdm session no long available...wtf? And for me random connection interrupted is the main reason for BO mode deaths. So had enough and then got the x1X version as well. Visually it's a downgrade from PC but I'm enjoying my money's worth...I can play all modes online!

Now in X for TDM was getting owned by already lvl 40+ npc style players...then I just thought hold on...this is actually a Black Ops 1/2 MP remaster with a futuristic mod! I can remember most of the maps(aka camp spots)...so I also remembered to get me a LMG and play it slowly instead of BLOPS3 bum rush style..K/D ratio is always positive or crazy at times. I don't really like the game but I needed a new CoD fix....the ww1/2 stuff don't work for me. IMHO it's an OK CoD game to kill time.
Yeah, I have a nice PC that will probably look better and load faster, but then COD just seems inherently designed for controller play and is famously established with the Xbox playerbase. I'm not sure if Xbox or PC would be more prone to having cheaters, but I feel like Xbox players would be more into just playing while PC players would be comparing it to their other games and not last. My monitor is also 4k 60hz, so I'd not only suffer from the crazy-skilled PC players but also often having half their framerate. I also have no clue how to get HDR working in Windows, so Xbox would have that, at least.

Grinchy

Banned
Just won a duos game and I'm still shaking lol. BR wins are always huge adrenaline dumps for me.
I've had 3 near-wins now. I'm always the last one alive on my duo team and I get us down to the last person alive on the map.

I just always have no ammo or no healing or some scenario where I'm killing one of the last team's members and trying to kill the last guy only to die instead.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I don’t mind it doesn’t have a single player. I’m not a fan of the new COD single players.

I DO have an issue with the price. You’re getting half the usual experience, and as such the game should be priced lower. Just because it has blackout doesn’t mean that the price is justified.

If the game released at, say, £30 rather than £50, with a £50 “ultra” edition that included all DLC (something g I think MP games should NOT be forcing people to pay for), they I can see it being a lot better.

But this is activision, so... Fuck yo’ wallets.

I don’t mind it doesn’t have a single player. I’m not a fan of the new COD single players.

I DO have an issue with the price. You’re getting half the usual experience, and as such the game should be priced lower. Just because it has blackout doesn’t mean that the price is justified.

If the game released at, say, £30 rather than £50, with a £50 “ultra” edition that included all DLC (something g I think MP games should NOT be forcing people to pay for), they I can see it being a lot better.

But this is activision, so... Fuck yo’ wallets.
You aren't getting half the usual experience, though. Blackout, potentially hundreds of hours of amusement, has replaced a 5 hour campaign. There's also the most comprehensive zombies mode to date.

Top Bottom