• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War |OT| Deniable Operations

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The zombie mode has a colored LOOT SYSTEM FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!!!

Bought it, because I always end up doing so (blow softened by my boy paying half as he's really into the zombies game mode whereas I can't stick it).

Amount of MP maps at launch is very disappointing, but at least new ones will be coming. That was a crazy amount we ended up with on MW!

Im sure I'll enjoy the campaign as always (well, BO3 maybe not so much).

BO3 campaign was soo insultingly bad man

Last edited:

Starfield

Fully maxed out at 1440p with a 3080, ray tracing and all, and I get around 100FPS. One map in particular brings my game to a crawl though. The one that is in a hanger with a tank in the middle I was getting like 50-70FPS on for some reason. Every other map has been perfectly fine.
What CPU do you use? Game installed on ssd? Ram size?

VN1X

Banned
How's Performance on PC?
Fuckin terrible for me.

MOBO: Asus TUF Z370-PRO GAMING
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3600 1151 - Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB - PC4-24000
Audio: Asus Xonar Essence STX 124dB SNR
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold 650W ATX
SSD: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2

My system is ageing, sure but it's not exactly shit either. I got much better performance in MW at 1080p than I do in Cold War.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

5 hour campaign? I guess that would be ok if it's really high quality and replayable...
Well it is replayable for sure, as you have some branching paths, whether or not the game is worth the asking price for a campaign that is not even as long as last-year's edition is the other question.....I was going to get this for the Xbox-1, but the asking price is a bit much....

AmateurPong

Reading that there is no split-screen for Zombies even on console? Was about to purchase this too, dodged a bullet there. Fix this shit Treyarch.

Bought it, because I always end up doing so (blow softened by my boy paying half as he's really into the zombies game mode whereas I can't stick it).

Amount of MP maps at launch is very disappointing, but at least new ones will be coming. That was a crazy amount we ended up with on MW!

Im sure I'll enjoy the campaign as always (well, BO3 maybe not so much).
Unfortunately most of the MW maps are straight trash

• LOL
Reactions: MrS

Dogman

From the beta the graphics looked worse than modern warfare . The sound and the animation of the guns not as good as MW either.

ill wait for the reviews if it’s not fixed I am not buying.
Also, I can’t help it but I feel like black ops usually takes way more bullets to kill someone and I kinda don’t like it . Or the bullets travel slower .
Graphics look way better imo. I play on PC all maxed out except for raytracing and this looks way better than modern warfare. This game has actually good reflections and isn't just different shades of grey like MW.

I'm liking the TTK, and the health bar in multiplayer is nice.

//DEVIL//

Graphics look way better imo. I play on PC all maxed out except for raytracing and this looks way better than modern warfare. This game has actually good reflections and isn't just different shades of grey like MW.

I'm liking the TTK, and the health bar in multiplayer is nice.
yes, I don't care about ray tracing either. It's just it really looked bad from my previous play. is there any new comparison I can check? I mean Modern warfare isn't going anywhere and I honestly think it will still be full servers. for some reason, there is no hype around this at all.

decisions

Does anyone actually feel the Dual Sense in this game? They advertised that heavy weapons would feel “heavier” somehow, but I feel like there is no DualSense haptic support for this game.

Played the ship 6v6 map, which was okay, and the Crossroad one which is actually good. Then, while idling in the menu, I got a hard crash which shut down my One X entirely. Had to manually turn it on, the controller wouldn't do it.

Codes 208

Didn’t realize until a minute ago that the ps5 version supports ray tracing. Still maintains a solid framerate in MP with it turned on and it’s not all that bad (I was on Moscow which has a lot of wet surfaces)

Bolivar687

Banned
The PC settings need some tweaking on startup, which was strange because I thought everything was pretty much good to go during Beta. The graphics didn't look that good with Render Resolution set to my 1440p Display resolution, so I cranked that up to 25% extra and things look pretty nice now. I'm maintaining in the 60s-70s fps on most maps with a GTX 1080 and i7-4790k @ 4.4Ghz.

I don't understand the minimum input threshold for sticks. Putting it down to 0/1 seemed about right but now I put it up to 10% for slight movement. I'm wondering if it might make sense to lower the threashold for maximum stick movement as well. My stick sensitivity is at 5, just above medium I'm comfortable there, too.

I still think this is one of the best PC ports I've ever played, it looks and plays like a dream and I'm having an absolute blast with multiplayer. I shared concerns about the lack of content but I'm really happy with a set of 8 high quality maps rather than a larger set of hits and misses.

Didn’t realize until a minute ago that the ps5 version supports ray tracing. Still maintains a solid framerate in MP with it turned on and it’s not all that bad (I was on Moscow which has a lot of wet surfaces)

I'm surprised at how much room for ray tracing there is in multiplayer. I assume this is going to be the new Control, the example Nvidia enthusiasts hold up to dissuade everyone from going AMD.

BigLee74

Ray Tracing is pretty cool. Quite subtle in this - not a lot of objects actually reflected, and what is is very low res. Definitely adds to the graphics, though!

A few more games in and this is 10 times more fun than Modern Snorefare, in my opinion. It's easy to tell who has come from that game expecting more of the same, because they're laying prone at the edge of the map aiming down sight. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So this is crap on Ps4 Pro? Guess I'm skipping this CoD for the first time ever. Probably wont be able to get a PS5 until Summer at this point and don't want to play a garbage version.

Might as well wait for the next game instead then since a new one gets released every October or November.

Enjoying the campaign a LOT more than Modern Warfare!
I hated MW 6v6, but I thought the campaign was decent (apart from the bit where you played as a defenseless 5 year old girl....just what I want from my first person shooters....idiots). You reckon this is a lot better? I may give it a go.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Loving the story so far. Real sense of place and time.

5DMZ3wF.jpg

IllkqRC.jpg

0fUgx6B.jpg

laHciar.jpg

aries_71

Wow, how things changed. In the ol’ times, a COD thread would make dozens of pages the same launch day. Do they still sell like hotcakes?

Tiamat2san

The hdr is terrible in this game.
Yeah some Colors are really bright and the neon sign are cool but the blacks are awfull, greyish, too pale.
I play on series X on an oled screen.
Every other game I played on series X are great in the color, black and brightness level but this game isn’t.
You can’t even adjust the image inside the game and my tv is really well adjusted for Any other game I played.

anyone else has this problem?

Why isn’t my cod displaying 120hz on the game settings it shows it’s locked I have my Xbox series x output to 1440p 120 my tv is a Samsung 4K ultra hd Qled 55 inch

Bombolone

Gold Member
Grabbed it for PC last night. Loving it so far. Like the maps, the ttk.
Zombies is a bit laggy, anyone else?
Last COD I played was BlkOPS4. Didn't like the futuristic shite so I dropped it. I'm looking forward to playing some more today.

Gloomnivore

Given the beta feedback, the year less in development and a pandemic to contend with, there’s not much to fault Treyarch for here. It’s been one of more enjoyable introductions to a new COD MP. The guns feel good and the maps are nice and varied. It’s like Black Ops 2, 3 and 4 never happened and they’re carrying on where the first left off.

It’s a keeper.

I have to say I'm really enjoying this. Didn't think I would after the beta, but the movement is good, the gun play is good, and the maps are decent. What more can you ask for? Oh yeah, people who play Kill Confirmed not ignoring tags. Weirdos.

Really liking the multiplayer.. I always suck at the Modern Warfare MP, the last one I was really good at was the original Black Ops.. and this feels like that!

What are the crossplay icons? It seems like the little tower icon is PC players and maybe the monitor icon is PS4/5 players? (I'm playing on Xbox)

Started the campaign last night and it's pretty cool as well. Vietnam was fun.

Top Bottom