• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
When is Salvation suppose to released? Says pre order on the store but my PS4 is currently downloading it.
Pre-load or something?

Seijuro

A quick DLC question, I hope you guys can help me as I currently have no access to my PS4:

I only have the Awakening DLC. As far as I know there is a playlist for the maps of the most current DLC and a playlist with all the default maps and older DLC-maps.

Are there playlists for people who only purchased one of the DLCs? Do I join a playlist with just the default maps? Or do I join the all-old-DLC-playlist and hold everyone back from experiencing other maps than the ones I have (as least common denominator)?

A quick DLC question, I hope you guys can help me as I currently have no access to my PS4:

I only have the Awakening DLC. As far as I know there is a playlist for the maps of the most current DLC and a playlist with all the default maps and older DLC-maps.

Are there playlists for people who only purchased one of the DLCs? Do I join a playlist with just the default maps? Or do I join the all-old-DLC-playlist and hold everyone back from experiencing other maps than the ones I have (as least common denominator)?

I'm not 100% sure, so some one correct me, but doesn't the game only match make you with players that share the same DLC packs.

In your case, no matter which playlist you select, you would only be matched with players that have just the Awakening DLC.

thejpfin

I'm pretty sure I downloaded 1.15 yesterday + DLC.
DLC unlocked 30 mins ago, but is not working. Weird.

Edit. Game just started 1.16 patch download.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nothing interesting in the notes. Mostly just covers last month's hotfixes. They haven't deleted the VMP yet...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yes sir, enjoy you lucky PS4 person.
I couldn't actually play the game, got no games found like AW when other people don't have the maps
works now thou, I bet those maps was live but noone else had it....seems odd I couldn't play yet the servers was fine, don't matter now

hoggert

Season pass worth grabbing for a primarily solo Zombies player? I play with groups too , but it's usually in odd times for my region so mostly folks that are foreign. I enjoy the challenge of Shadows of Evil, but getting kinda boring as the PaP ritual is time consuming/annoying and don't get me started on the swords/EE lol. Originally bought the game at launch for PS4, but sold it and started again on PC thanks to Humble Bundle.

Toa TAK

Banned
Season pass worth grabbing for a primarily solo Zombies player? I play with groups too , but it's usually in odd times for my region so mostly folks that are foreign. I enjoy the challenge of Shadows of Evil, but getting kinda boring as the PaP ritual is time consuming/annoying and don't get me started on the swords/EE lol. Originally bought the game at launch for PS4, but sold it and started again on PC thanks to Humble Bundle.
Yeah. Besides SOE, the rest of the map's Easter eggs are able to be completed solo. Gorod Krovi is a throwback to WAW-BO1 styled maps, and hooking up with people to play is pretty easy through Reddit.

Toa TAK

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sencc5MzLWQ

Anyone see this video from NoahJ456 called Goodbye Zombies. ?

Really good. Makes me sad to see it all over.
I personally really liked this fan made trailer that celebrates the end.

It's funny that the zombies community is in a fractured state of sadness and complete insanity.

god damn, the first step of the main easter egg hasn't even been found yet. and it's been nearly 24 hours

Yeah, maybe Blundell might be right about this taking 3 days at least. Cheeky son of a bitch. At least the Apothican Servant has been upgraded.

Strider

Rupture is terrible lol

Standoff remake and the picnic map are pretty great though. Haven't gotten to try the other one yet.

hoggert

Yeah. Besides SOE, the rest of the map's Easter eggs are able to be completed solo. Gorod Krovi is a throwback to WAW-BO1 styled maps, and hooking up with people to play is pretty easy through Reddit.

Thanks! Oddly, I had never thought of using Reddit for grouping up.

Toa TAK

Banned
Thanks! Oddly, I had never thought of using Reddit for grouping up.

Yes, the subreddit is the best place to hook up with people to do the easter eggs or just chill for high rounds. Right now it's a bit of a jumble as it is with every new map release because the mindset of the community is trying to solve the easter egg.

There's a thread every week and weekend to party up with folks.

J_Viper

I don't know if something happened to me or the game itself, but man this has just been unplayable for me the past couple days.

There's quickscopers fucking everywhere, I'm spawning directly in front of the enemy (Hell, I once spawned directed into the line of sight of a Tempest beam), I'm constantly being matched against clans, and everyone is using some dumb ass melee weapon that seems to make them invulnerable to the bullets I'm shooting at them right before they kill me.

If this is what IW will eventually evolve into, I'm thinking I should just cancel my pre-order.

Skittles

Still no progress on the easter egg, this is crazy. All that's been found is some helmets(that give sick ass buffs)

Blundell won the bet. No one has even found the first step to the easter egg, much less solved it.

Toa TAK

Banned
You know what's unbearable?

The fact that no one has found the first step in the final Easter egg on Revelations. It's been THREE DAYS.

All we got are these hats!

Daffy Duck

Played a few games easier after not playing in a while, damn it was rough, laggy players, some frame skips and everything else making it fairly enjoyable.

Amazing how they can kill a game by not having decent connections, the other BS in BO3 is tolerable when it works but it doesn't even work it's horrible.

The frame drops and stuttering are awful.

Its the worst performance I've seen of a COD in a while(Ghost's launch or maybe longer)
Shootout with someone full on 1fps
Enemy boosting on your screen near you = 15fps
Extremely delayed bullets.
1 team loading in a good 10-15 seconds ahead of the other players.

Doing this for all of my coworkers and clan members as well.

Daffy Duck

Yep, the performance tanks even harder in ground war when kill streaks are rolling in, I'm leaning towards too much content in the game, as it was never this bad a few months ago, either that or they've really fucked it up badly some how.

Wow its been a week since the DLC release and they still haven't gotten very far in the easter egg for zombies, have they? Thats insane in this day and age.

Toa TAK

Banned
At this rate, the PC and Xbox players will probably join in on the Easter Egg Hunt.

Though I'm glad, considering they're usually solved in a day.

Skittles

Kinda funny how much BO3 disappointed in Zombies and absolutely despise the campaign yet I see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJbrTgUL0Dk again and honestly im really excited/wanting Black Ops 4(please God get back in line with W@W and BO1&2).
How did zombies disappoint in any way? This is the best version of zombies we've ever gotten.
At this rate, the PC and Xbox players will probably join in on the Easter Egg Hunt.

Though I'm glad, considering they're usually solved in a day.
We're just now getting somewhere.
467e77009719c4b198e061e871dfc58a.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
Latest Black Market Trailer featuring the shovel and TAKEO'S KATANA.

DLC ones might be good but the base map was so bad and contrived it ran my entire clan off before the first map pack even hit.
That's one of the best maps in the game.

If anything, the weakest one was Zetsobu No Shima. The maps have been top notch across the board. Much better than Black Ops 2 that only had 2, maybe 3/5 maps were good (depending how you feel about Buried).

In fact, everyone'a favorite maps on BOII are the exact same design philosophy that BOIII maps use and abuse.

hoggert

Funny, people have been wanting Tak's katana for so long and it's a supply drop weapon lol

New calling cards from challenges for the new map or supply drop. Edit: Nevermind, they're Dark Ops challenges!

Shadows of Evil is an overly complicated map full of crappy places to get snagged on and mobbed by zombies,looking at you cars by the cabaret, and I hated the first time I played it on PS4. However, playing it again on PC this summer, I learned to really love it. Yeah, unlocking the PaP is a fucking chore compared to other maps, the zombies are stupid aggressive, etc., but the atmosphere, visuals, and enemy variety are only rivaled by Origins and MotD for me. I could listen to Jeff Goldblum say "with each subsequent transformation, I grow ever more confident with my tentacles," a million times.

Top Bottom