• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we all appreciate PSP era Square Enix?

Dark_castle

I'm still bitter as fuck we got 3rd Birthday as a Parasite Eve sequel. Square could've taken the original battle system and updated it, but instead we get a TPS that's tied to a stupid plot twist.

To be fair, Parasite Eve 2 already ditched the RPG aspect of original with ATB turn-based combat in favor of a TPS combat. If there is ever a new Parasite Eve, I hope to God it returns to the RPG roots of the original.

Hellraider

I'm still bitter as fuck we got 3rd Birthday as a Parasite Eve sequel. Square could've taken the original battle system and updated it, but instead we get a TPS that's tied to a stupid plot twist.

Gameplay-wise the game was awesome, though. It was the utter shit story and the worst twist in the history of videogames that ruined it.

To be fair, Parasite Eve 2 already ditched the RPG aspect of original with ATB turn-based combat in favor of a TPS combat. If there is ever a new Parasite Eve, I hope to God it returns to the RPG roots of the original.

I had hoped Parasite Eve 2 was just a blunder and Square would turn the series around with 3rd Birthday, but they sadly proved me wrong. I do hope Square eventually develops a better sequel and includes an updated battle system.

Gameplay-wise the game was awesome, though. It was the utter shit story and the worst twist in the history of videogames that ruined it.

I do agree the gameplay was great, especially the Overdrive ability, but that twist though and how it played into the gameplay...
Just why, Square?!

replaying Chrono Cross now with my 15 year old save.. <3

It's really amazing that you can do this. It never ceases to impress me. My Chrono Cross save is my most important save. I have every character's best equipment and weapons and the element grid customized completely for everyone.

Celine

Crisis Core is the only SE game I ve pkayed on my PSP.
I honestly thought it was a mediocre game with nice graphics which ruined FF7 legacy.
On the other hand I ve enjoyed more their games on DS (TWewy, DQ games and despite flawed Final Fantasy 4 heroes of light).

dci260

Crisis Core really deserves an HD remaster in a similar vein to Type-0. It's one of the PSP's best games, but it can ONLY be played on PSP. I used to have similar gripes about Birth By Sleep, but thankfully that is now at least playable on PS3.

UCBooties

I loved most of SquareEnix's psp library. I wish they loved it enough to put it on the PSN. I'd rebuy most of them for my Vita, especially VP: Lenneth and Crisis Core.

Yeah, it was basically my little SE machine. I really miss my PSP, wouldn't have sold it if I new so many great games would be left off Vita's classics.

Top Bottom