• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian dollar rallying back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmartel

Banned
"By the ocean," I assume you mean the harbour, isn't a good place to live. It smells and is loud, and was recently very polluted. So cheap.

The most expensive area is the south end near the northwest arm. It's expensive there but even then a high-middle class income could afford it.

My argument I suppose is that in the past even lower middle class people could afford decent houses in decent areas.

What is high middle class income? I think your only talking about 5% of the population, if that.

Anyways I hope the dollar goes back up to 90 cents within a year or two

pr0cs

Not enough Harper bashing and Trudeau pictures in this thread for it to be taken seriously.

Dazzler

Not enough Harper bashing and Trudeau pictures in this thread for it to be taken seriously.

JTLovesDoobies.gif

My argument I suppose is that in the past even lower middle class people could afford decent houses in decent areas.

What is high middle class income? I think your only talking about 5% of the population, if that.

Anyways I hope the dollar goes back up to 90 cents within a year or two

"Middle income" is such a broad term I think its impossible to define specifically. But houses in Halifax, be it on peninsula or off, in "decent" neighborhoods are very affordable.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
It's a very big concern. It's our major export and the government needs to bank on other exports.

No one wants to buy from Canada when the prices are equal to that in the US. It's a far smaller population and realistically the world doesn't need us for anything.

We need to expand to other sectors and show that we can do it better and cheaper than the southern counterpart. They need to invest in more products. We have banked on automobile and aerospace and gaming industry but that's a very small fraction of profit compared to oil which is an always-on export machine.

More assemblies and developments need to initiate here to ensure a strong economy, but no one buys from a strong economic country when you have alternatives in country like China, and with US now eyeing India, it's only a matter of time that a lot of industries will establish permanent HQs there, especially with lenient laws and regulations when it comes to human rights.

Canada is a country that can overtake US but US doesn't want that to happen and have a noose on their neck whenever that happens.

At least that's what it seems like, and it sucks for such a great country to bow down like that even if the two countries are practically brothers.

This, the fuck over through NAFTA, and the Arrow crap pretty much tells me we aren't brothers. They'll screw us every chance they get if it serves their interests, and when we complain and take it up to the World Bank or whoever, they just laugh and ignore rulings against them.

Hey, stop fishing in our waters; fuck you. Hey, stop trespassing up north; fuck you. Hey, why can't we have our own advanced fighter jet program?; because fuck you that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom