• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom 40th Anniversary Website Survey Highlights Dino Crisis, Mega Man, and Ace Attorney as Among the Most Popular Across Over 200,000 Votes

Source - Noisy Pixel

Capcom’s official 40th-anniversary website, Capcom Town, recently posted images showcasing the most selected entries from its latest survey. The images represent several IPs and the ones in larger fonts received more votes than others.

Interestingly, Dino Crisis, Mega Man, and Ace Attorney are some of the largest pictured, with Resident Evil also being expectedly present. Other highlighted franchises, albeit in smaller fonts, are Onimusha, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising, and Darkstalkers. The significance of these ongoing results is that these are from over 200,000 votes, and it’s scheduled to be closed on April 12, 2024. So, these IPs have ample time to become even more popular throughout this vote. You can participate here.

As for the Japanese version of the image, the Breath of Fire Fans Twitter account points out that Breath of Fire, ブレスオブファイア, is featured more prominently, illustrating a clear demand. Speaking of, Capcom has made the original Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire II available to play for free via browsers.

Alongside sharing these images, Capcom announced that Street Fighter Alpha 2, Super Street Fighter II, Destiny of an Emperor, Street Fighter (2010), and Magic Sword have been added to the Capcom Town Retro Games corner.

You can view the English and Japanese versions of this Capcom Town vote’s growing results below:

GJ8agZmasAAqTOm

m6GdpeW.png

TheKratos

No live for Outbreak. Fuck this world.

Edit: wait, wtf are these random ass words in between?

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

I still can't believe anyone would vote for Resident Evil or Monster Hunter with how overmilked they are compared to everything else. Like does everyone not understand the purpose of this survey? Those two are always guaranteed games these days.

Soodanim

I see Code Veronica and Outbreak. Good.

I still can't believe anyone would vote for Resident Evil or Monster Hunter with how overmilked they are compared to everything else. Like does everyone not understand the purpose of this survey? Those two are always guaranteed games these days.
I imagine what we see incorporates questions like "What is your favourite Capcom franchise?". Or, if it's just open ended questions, it could include answers like "Less Resident Evil, more Dino Crisis".

Hudo

Mega Man Legends 3 or Breath of Fire IV Remaster (not remake, just brush up your beautiful pixel art a bit) please.

Svejk

Kind of surprised Dino Crisis was so high. Glad to see it!
I want some more Strider and Bionic Commando, but I'd be happy with ports/remasters of the last entries; Strider (2014), Bionic Comando (2009) and Bionic Commando Re-Armed 1 & 2. All of those were highly underrated IMO.

Generic

Mega Man 11 was underwhelming, Mighty N° 9 was actually a better game despite all the controversy.

Pallas

Gold Member
Breath of Fire would be nice… or even a port of the entire collection with a touch up just to gauge interest.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
If I was Capcom, I wouldn’t read too much into the votes. They’re typically done by thirsty hardcore gamers, that likely won’t buy their games at launch, and will wait for a sale. Dino Crisis is dead. And that’s fine.

Top Bottom