• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is planning to release a “major” unannounced title by the end of its current fiscal year, which ends in March 2024, it’s said.

What game do you think they're talking about, GAF!?

• Monster Hunter World 2

Votes: 64 47.1%
  • Resident Evil 5 Remake

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Code Veronica Remake

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • New mainline Resident Evil

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Exclusive Switch 2 launch title

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Marvel vs Capcom

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Other (explain in the comments)

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters

Katajx

Gold Member
Multiplatform might not be true but I agree it's likely MH.
Too late in the Switch’s life cycle for me to expect an exclusive there, and the PS5 I can’t see having a large enough player base to be exclusive either.

I don’t think they can do much more than they already accomplished on the Switch than Rise.

If/when they announce Switch 2 I see it being PS/Xbox/Switch 2. World was their most successful game in the series and they will be looking to follow that up.

Last edited:
The franchises that run out of fun and new ideas naturally die. But the ones that died pre-maturely due to outside circumstances like the death of a console, or bad marketing, deserve a revival. For your sake…and for mine.
Amazon Studios Period GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Stafford

MHW came out in 2018, right? So it would make it six years after that, sounds great for a brand new MH. We did have Rise in between though, but I want it to be MHW2 so bad man. And if you really look at all the IP Capcom has and what realistically could come out, I can really only think of MH.

But if there's nothing at TGA, then I doubt it will come out in March next year.

It's that time of year again...
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - January 24, 2017
Resident Evil 2: Remake - January 25, 2019
Resident Evil 3: Remake - April 3, 2020
Resident Evil 8: Village - May 7, 2021
Resident Evil 4: Remake - March 24, 2023

Time to see what the Village/RE3R team has been working on. Trailer reveal at TGAs.

killatopak

I guess it would depend on the size of the project? was CV a big game?
Size of the game or popularity?

Popularity is a bit less concrete but CV was the biggest fixed camera RE game. It boasts the longest time to complete. I would say the scope of the game was roughly the size of RE4.

It certainly felt longer though. Imagine a game the size of RE4 but with the puzzles of older titles with HUGE backtracking. Even if it wasn't the exact size of RE4, it certainly felt longer due to it.

Size of the game or popularity?

Popularity is a bit less concrete but CV was the biggest fixed camera RE game. It boasts the longest time to complete. I would say the scope of the game was roughly the size of RE4.

It certainly felt longer though. Imagine a game the size of RE4 but with the puzzles of older titles with HUGE backtracking. Even if it wasn't the exact size of RE4, it certainly felt longer due to it.
Yeah I meant game length, it would be a large project so no chance it's that IMO. Hopefully 2025 but it's probably going to be Res 5.

Top Bottom