• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment will not release “any new major existing franchise titles” before March 31, 2025

Ar¢tos

Maybe they should try releasing smaller, actual FUN games to play with lots of replayability, instead of "interactive graphical experiences" that are mostly one-and-done's. Not every game needs to be a multi-million dollar graphical extravaganza's with an interesting story, they just need to be happy insane FUN to play. Motorstorm comes to mind....
Sony seems to be doing the opposite... Any non AAA game has to be GAAS. It's probably the reason why the ended PixelOpus and Japan Studio and put Media Molecule on a last warning.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Personally I'm kinda glad "PS5 has no gamez", because my backlog is ridiculous, and includes both PS4 and PS5 games. I haven't even gotten around to SM2 and AW2 yet. So I'm cool with no major must-haves for a while!

Seriously, there's no way any of you have played everything this console can run that you would be interested in.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Saw some YouTubers spinning this to mean that Sony won't be releasing any first party titles this year.

They either lack intelligence or just want to create drama for clicks. Probably both.

Gambit2483

Sony seems to be doing the opposite... Any non AAA game has to be GAAS. It's probably the reason why the ended PixelOpus and Japan Studio and put Media Molecule on a last warning.
Agreed. More AA, less GAAS.

They can still make great profit by making games with smaller budgets that sell just as well as some AAA games. That's basically Nintendo's go-to for funding their bigger titles...and it works!

Top Bottom