• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is working on a patch which will address some of the issues reported by players with Dragon's Dogma 2

[PlayStation®5 / Steam]
  • Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
  • Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
  • Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
  • Miscellaneous text display issues.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes.
[PlayStation®5]
  • Adding the option* to switch Motion Blur on/off in Options.
  • Adding the option* to switch Ray Tracing on/off in Options.
  • Adding the option to set Frame Rate at Max 30fps in Options.
[Steam]
  • Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
  • Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
*These options won't affect frame rate significantly. Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates.
Updates to Xbox Series X|S are planned in the next few days.

GJgjYX_WAAEbN9n.jpg%3Alarge

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

God knows what they were thinking with not being able to start a new game, putting that into DLC was a very strange (and bad) decision. Glad it's going to be rectified.

/\ Edit: Thankfully just found out that's been debunked and was never a thing!

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i bought the game on ps5, guess ill focus on other games and wait for a few more months on the performance patch

Btw, turning off RT will not affect the frame rate significantly? then why turn off?

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW
God knows what they were thinking with not being able to start a new game, putting that into DLC was a very strange (and bad) decision. Glad it's going to be rectified.
1) you are spreading misinformation regarding DLC
2) you can start a new game by deleting your save file
3) if you don’t own the game nor plan to own the game, why are you writing this

nikos

DLSS image quality improvement is what I’d really like to see. Performance is really good with the frame gen fix.

Schmendrick

True but it is a hassle to wait for the shader compiler every time.. is the a way to avoid it?
huh? The game only compiles the shaders once. I´ve seen the game start at least a dozen times and there never was that shader compilation window again.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

with RT off i can see this game getting close to 60fps outside towns, maybe PS5 VRR ll work this time.

Last edited:
Crazy what happens when consumers advocate for themselves and companies are forced to improve their product. It's almost like market forces work when people don't accept whatever slop companies attempt to put out. You get better shit.

Will this be a valuable lesson or will some people mindlessly defend anything their favorite IP, developer, or franchise puts out?

Elios83

Lack of new game option if a saving already exists is just crazy.
Reviewers were just sleeping for not calling out a game that was launched in such state.
Thankfully I'll be playing it during summer at the earliest so most things should be fixed.

Last edited:

Zuzu

There’s no mention of an improvement to the checkerboarding to the Series X version. Hopefully they’ll be able to fix that up.

Last edited:
It's really beyond me how they could ship the game with no new game option. Bad performance isn't anything new, but literally not being able to start a new game until you've completed the current one is just wild. Did no one in the team or at Capcom dare tell Itsuno this is a terrible idea?

I have played this game for 20 hours on my PC (i5-13600KF, 32 GB, RTX 4080, Windows 11 Pro) and have thoroughly enjoyed the sense of adventure and exploration the game has along with the entertaining (but sometimes frustrating) combat. What I don't like is the abysmal performance where the game goes from running at a decent framerate in the wilderness to dipping below 60 fps in the city of Vendworth and feeling like a Bloodborne sequel.

What makes the performance in the city so bizarre is that there aren't actually that many NPCs visible but they still fade in laughably close to the player character (often right next to them!). Most of these NPCs just stand around, some indoors are sitting down or sleeping, so what is this game doing that tanks the CPU so hard in these parts? It's like the developers are processing the NPC AI for all of them at the same time regardless of whether they are visible or not. When you enter a building with a simple room and just one or two NPCs then the framerate still remains low despite the fact that all the other NPCs are out of sight. Starfield arguably has larger crowds than this game and runs far better with less of a jarring performance hit between cities/towns and the open world. And Assassin's Creed handled large crowds of NPCs with no issues too years ago. The first Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen game on PC actually has NPCs "pop in" a bit further out than this sequel but doesn't manage to tank the CPU.

Given Capcom track record for fixing issues in their games then I will not be holding my breath for a fix for this CPU bottleneck in the towns. It would be nice if this was a coding error - someone set the NPC AI to "Process All" instead of "Cull & Process Visible" - but I doubt it would be that easy.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
They knew performance will be tight on platforms but still they released the game

giphy.gif
Yes because people still are stupid enough to pre order games and/or buy day 01 ... not excusing the company but at this point anybody that buys day 01 games know they are paying for the beta testing.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Could have delayed it a month and everyone would have been fine with it. But people are acting like this game is completely broken. It isn't. A lot of it is just stupid choices on Capcom's part.

Last edited:
i bought the game on ps5, guess ill focus on other games and wait for a few more months on the performance patch

Btw, turning off RT will not affect the frame rate significantly? then why turn off?

Turning off RT might help the game run above 40 fps in the open world areas where the game is not CPU limited but it will not help with the performance in the cities. I know because the PC has the option to enable/disable ray-tracing and performance is still poor with or without it enabled. In the end I left RT on because it does make the game's lighting look significantly better in my opinion, particularly interiors, dark caves and at night with the lantern on. Otherwise the game looks very last gen without it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is why I no longer buy games on release date. They just ship them in beta stage nowadays.
I dont get why anyone blindly preorders or buys day one.

On launch day every gamer can skim 50 reviews and get tons of video and forum impressions, which includes bugs and performance. If everything sounds pretty good for their tastes, ok go ahead and buy it if they cant wait any longer. If it sounds sketchy just wait for a patch.

Topher

Gold Member
DLSS image quality improvement is what I’d really like to see. Performance is really good with the frame gen fix.

That's a fix Capcom should have been able to put in themselves. Really makes a big difference in performance. I'm playing with that patch and the registry fix and performance is really not an issue any longer. Image quality is still not the best though.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Bluds out there buying unfinished games again, will pick this piece of shit up for a bargain price down the line.

Gojiira

Could you be bigger drama queens? Performance dips but not to the point of unplayability so them improving it is nothing but a good thing, not them suckering day one buyers.
And to whoever said New Save files were going to be DLC, you’re a moron, that was never the case. They’ve simply heard all the whiners and are adding a option for multiple saves.
So much pointless whining. Game is excellent, has MINOR ISSUES that are getting fixed. Quit the hyperbole.

Duchess

Right, so, sometime in late summer there will be a patch that pops the game into 1080p for near 60fps output. Then a patch in early 2025, that will improve it further.

Top Bottom