• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carnival Rides: Do you ride 'em?

Carnival Rides: Do you ride 'em?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KrakenIPA

I'm not too old to ride a rollercoaster, but at the county fair I'm not riding any ride, especially if I have to pay for it. Do y'all still do carnival rides?

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I don't trust rides that are constantly transported, assembled and disassembled. Might be unfair, but I feel like they're less safe.

I don't go to carnivals much anyway because of the loud music and delinquents that tend to be there. Much prefer the more family friendly theme parks.

Spyxos

After seeing the attraction break down a few years ago and people getting stuck, I have absolutely no confidence in these things.

Soltype

Went to carnivals multiple times a year throughout the 90s and never had any ride issues. Last time I went was around 2010 and you could tell the vibe was just different, the ride operators weren't into it as much, they didn't push the rides as hard either. The best thing is when you had a ride operator who also wanted to be a dj, they'd played just the right music depending on the ride and it would tie the whole thing together.It was the best in the mid-90s tons of great electronic music.

Last edited:

Crayon

It might be safer than your commute. Definitely safer than sticking your thumb up a lion's butt. So that's something.

haxan7

Banned
Not since a bad puking incident when I was like 13. Just have no interest in going on a ride in that environment. I’ve stuck to my guns for the last 26 years.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Nope. Anything you can pack up on a truck like that isn’t secure enough for me. I am also out of the height zone.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I don't think fairground accidents happen often.

...Or I didn't until I googled it just now and there are loads of news stories about fairground accidents from the past couple of months. So, I guess I might be less inclined to go on rides now.

Woggleman

When I was younger I rode the tilt a whirl and scrambler.

When I was a kid I went to Action Park a couple times and was never hurt so I am not scared of carnival rides.

Patrick S.

Banned
The last time I rode a rollercoaster, I was legit afraid I was going to die. Not only from my incredible sense of fear during the ride, but it did me in so much that I had to sit down for almost half an hour, with shaking hands and a racing heart. I'm never getting on one again. Those signs that warn people with heart problems not to use the rides? Yeah, better follow that advice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
alternate thread title: "Do you have a death wish?"

AREYOUOKAY?

Google "The Ring of Fire ride". It was the only exciting ride to go on but for some reason they don't have it anymore yet I can't imagine why?

Oh well at least there's the overpriced food.

o1XKZEW.png

KrakenIPA

I'm going to the fair on Monday, my Ma asked me if we're gonna ride rides. My answer is no. I'm just gonna go and watch goats and rabbits and chickens. I'll have plenty of fun with both of my feet on the ground, thank you!

KrakenIPA

Google "The Ring of Fire ride". It was the only exciting ride to go on but for some reason they don't have it anymore yet I can't imagine why?

Oh well at least there's the overpriced food.

o1XKZEW.png
Ah yes when I was on that ride it was called 'Fireballs' and the guy at the conrol panel kept talking about his 'Fireballs'. To this day I swear it was Tim Meadows at the controls, and it was one of the most fun rides I have ever been on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom