• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Phil Spencer tears down the wall of exclusives on Xbox, will those of you who own an Xbox sell their system?

Will you sell?

• Yes. Quickly to maximize profits.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Maybe. Let's see where this goes.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No. I'll ride this out.

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DryvBy

Big warning and please be nice. This is only for people that own an Xbox. We have a zillion threads of news breaking about the state of Xbox. So no warring or anything.

Phil Spencer is releasing an official corporate statement next week after he's done playing Diablo 4 and we all know what it's going to be about: Xbox potentially is going third party.

No one but Microsoft really knows what this is going to mean. It could be just previous games, older games. It could be some upcoming games but some are still going to be exclusive for a while at launch.

But hypothetically let's say every single first party game is going to come to PS5 and Switch at this point. And by the end of the year, Sony and or Nintendo will have Halo, Gears, Sea of Thieves, whatever else. What do you do as an Xbox fan? Do you not care and ride it out? Do you sell and switch to another platform/PC?

acm2000

why the hell would i? its a game pass machine and the whole reason i got back into gaming having not bothered since end of the 360 era, id rather spent £70 on way better things than a videogame.

RedC

No, I'm not going to sell my Series X. I'm quite happy with it. I have a digital library of over 1500 games on it, not to mention the thousands of games I have access to via emulators in Dev mode.

35cent

No I wouldn't sell it because I'd still use it. Also I'm super lazy with these things as well. My One X has been in the boot of my car because I meant to go and sell it 3 years ago now. I also have a phone to sell as well.

Redefine07

I will keep my Series X for the X360 / One games I got physical , but it will be my last MS console and maybe I will activate dev mode on it to run some emulators.

ByWatterson

Maybe? Full mod support for Skyrim is amazing and not available on Playstation.

But maybe I'll sell and finally use Xbox's decline as a reason to finally build a PC.

AmuroChan

No, since I already have the console, it'll remain my GP machine. Even if every XBox game goes to other platforms, the choice is still paying $15 a month to play all of them on day 1 vs paying $70 for each game to play at a later time. I think the choice is pretty obvious, if you already have an XBox.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It all depends on the actual plan. I won't subscribe to gamepass, but if it means all games come to PC and I can still get achievements, I will have no issue buying games published by them.

if they manage to make an attractive 3rd party console, I may do that.

I moved all my xbox games to PC as soon as it was viable. It was a great decision by microsoft to do. I'm mostly a PC gamer anyway so felt very pro-consumer when it happened. Would love for Sony to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom