• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carter Page will testify before a House Committee on June 6th

MSN link

MSN said:
Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump's presidential campaign, will testify on June 6 before a House committee investigating alleged efforts by Russia to influence the U.S. election, ABC News reported on Wednesday.

giphy.gif

I've never seen someone so committed to making bad decisions. He can't even handle a CNN interview without looking guilty as hell. Does he really think this will go better?

RPGCrazied

Hope they grill him good. When he is on CNN you can tell by his body language that he is guilty. Having congress ask question is a whole different beast. I hope gets destroyed.

He's been pretty silent since his last public appearance, where he sweat like a guilty co-worker being confronted for sleeping with his boss's wife.

GrapeApes

This dude is so dumb he's going to end up being tripped up by Republicans. I got to imagine he's keeping a public profile so it's harder to get rid of him.

I don't expect Republican reps to ask tough questions. Am I incorrect?

They're starting to turn ever so slightly but yes, still a complete and utter shitshow that is doing everything they can to shield Trump while simultaneously not recognizing the danger of Russia's continued hacking/interference.

Carter Page is one of those light weight bitches that have failed upwards and have the mistaken belief they are the smartest person in the room.

lol yeah republicans on the panel "So Carter, what do YOU think about all this illegal leaking?"

chadskin

The hearing is off to a good start:
Carter Page appears to have jumped the gun when he told ABC News he would appear June 6 before the House panel investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

President Donald Trump’s former campaign foreign policy adviser backtracked in response to questions from POLITICO, saying the hearing date was not yet finalized. Members of the House Intelligence Committee also declined to say that a firm date had been set.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/24/carter-page-house-russia-hearing-date-238784

I watched that CNN interview, there is a very good chance he sticks his foot in his mouth at some point during this. I wouldn't be surprised if he does it on a GOP softball.

Tovarisc

What's happening: It's unclear to which reports Trump is referring. Page, who was an adviser to Trump's presidential campaign, said just last week he would testify before the House in June. Although Page has been one of the people targeted in the Russia investigation, he claims the probe and claims are "false Russia conspiracy theories."

Why it matters: Trump's call to let Page testify suggests he thinks his former foreign policy adviser could provide helpful information to counter the claims that there was collusion between Trump's team and Russia.
https://www.axios.com/trump-carter-page-russia-tweets-testify-before-house-2427806465.html

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vB7YUZw.gif[/IMG]

I expect nothing but this. His interview with Cooper was hilarious. The guy continuously makes funny facial expressions throughout like he's playing a guessing game.

His eyebrows twitching like that, his goofy smile. Must watch.

cameron

Looks like it goes back to this:
The hearing is off to a good start:
Carter Page appears to have jumped the gun when he told ABC News he would appear June 6 before the House panel investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

President Donald Trump’s former campaign foreign policy adviser backtracked in response to questions from POLITICO, saying the hearing date was not yet finalized. Members of the House Intelligence Committee also declined to say that a firm date had been set.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/24/carter-page-house-russia-hearing-date-238784
A date hasn't been set. Page just assumed shit and is spinning the tentative scheduling in his favour. Dude wrote a letter to the House committee:
In a letter to the House Intelligence Committee on Monday, Page said there has been an "ongoing barrage of false information" spread about him over the last three months, and said he wants to testify as quickly as possible.

"I have learned from your Committee staff on this Memorial Day holiday that I might not be immediately afforded the opportunity to address the false or misleading testimony by James Comey, John Brennan, et al. as per our previously scheduled appointment for next week," Page wrote in the letter. "In the interest of finally providing the American people with some accurate information at long last, I hope that we can proceed with this straight dialogue soon."

Page didn't specify and falsehoods from either Comey or Brennan, but he did point to the Russian dossier, compiled by a former British intelligence officer, as an example of false information about him.

Now Donald's 'war room' is tweeting that Dems are scared and don't want him to testify.

Chumly

How exactly is he going to destroy the Russia narrative and bash comey and brennon? Is he just going to rant about being monitored?

Shadybiz

Guessing that if the Dems actually declined to have Page testify...they probably just figure that they don't need him.

Surfinn

Sorry if answered but is this public? I enjoy seeing this guy poop himself

Why he ever went on CNN (multiple times) is a complete mystery..

Top Bottom