• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania DS Boxart [ japan ]

Khalid-S

really can't wait for this one :)

RY005J1_l.jpg

Sapiens

Probably the worst Castlevania/Dracula cover in recent memory. Though, it is interesting that the characters are composed in the shape of a cross.

Japanese Castlevania Chronicles being my favourite.

I hate that art style...Nintendo Power had a poster with that picture on it and I just threw it away. The art for Aria of Sorrow was much better.

Mrbob

Shit box cover. Is this supposed to be a new saturday morning cartoon?

Game should be great, though.

Sagitario

I got used to this style... I don't really care anymore (plus that anime intro was cool :D ), I just want to play this game...

When will it be released here?

SantaC

the game is due for october release in the US :/

I think that's setback from AoS since I think it was released in US before Japan.

edit: actually yes it was. 2 days ahead of Japan.

genjiZERO

Probably the worst Castlevania/Dracula cover in recent memory. Though, it is interesting that the characters are composed in the shape of a cross.

Japanese Castlevania Chronicles being my favourite.

That's interesting, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. It's a good composition tool. I think this Castlevania looks great. Now if they only could make a 2D Castlevania for the PS2...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I was highly resistant to the new art style, but it's starting to grow on me a bit. I highly prefer AoS', but... it ain't bad. The anime intro from one of the E3 vids helped convince me. Really liked how it ended, and I hope they compress it to the DS cart, just for kicks.

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
I don't understand the resistance to this art style. Weren't there a bunch of older Castlevania's that used a similar anime theme in the artwork?

Sapiens

Dreamfixx said:
I don't understand the resistance to this art style. Weren't there a bunch of older Castlevania's that used a similar anime theme in the artwork?

The only ones I can remember having a purely anime style was Dracula X on Duo and Legends on GB.

Top Bottom