• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2019 Fighting Game Championship Has Started - Anyone watching?

Nymphae

Banned
I was honestly hoping that there would finally be some Street Fighter new or announcement after the finals

Ono specifically stated Evo is when we would see news, I don't know why people keep setting themselves up for disappointment expecting drops at every single tournament.

GrayFoxPL

MK11 top 8 was pretty hype too. Sonicfox still superb player.

Even DOA6 was pretty nice.

The only game that was painfully boring to watch was Samurai Shodown. Hey, I like SS as much as the next guy but it doesn't look like a good spectator game. Justin Wong showed that he basically need 1 button and a throw to win in SS. SNK better have that KOFXV in the works.

kunonabi

Even DOA6 was pretty nice.

The only game that was painfully boring to watch was Samurai Shodown. Hey, I like SS as much as the next guy but it doesn't look like a good spectator game. Justin Wong showed that he basically need 1 button and a throw to win in SS. SNK better have that KOFXV in the works.

I dont think it was that bad a showing but I wont lie I still prefer SS4 and SS64 to SS2019 as things are now. This new game is just a little too conservative. It needs a little more nastiness.

Nymphae

Banned
Idk, I enjoyed those SS finals, what do you mean it doesn't look like a spectator game? Sure, there weren't commentators screaming every 2 seconds, but I thought it was still pretty entertaining as someone new to the series and getting into it.

Ol'Scratch

Idk, I enjoyed those SS finals, what do you mean it doesn't look like a spectator game? Sure, there weren't commentators screaming every 2 seconds, but I thought it was still pretty entertaining as someone new to the series and getting into it.

I miss the days when FGC matches were more like chess matches with one mistake meaning a loss. (And I do not mean two people spamming the same fifty hit combo back and forth until someone misses a block) I am happy as hell to have SS back

Last edited:

Helios

Ninjakilla getting 4th place in his first offline tournament was the highlight for me. That guy is a beast and I remember watching his liu kang in mkx destroy everyone.
I still have to catch up with the SF VODs.

Top Bottom