• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Certain Affinity announces deepening their relationship with 343 and have been entrusted to further evolve Halo Infinite in new and exciting ways.

Ozriel

M$FT
The general consensus (of what exactly, NeoGAF?) and reality are often at odds with one another.

Problem: We've lost ~95% of our week 1 player base.

Solution 1: Let's ask the 5% remaining players, the gamers who still enjoy our game, what's wrong with the game.

Solution 2: Let's figure out why the larger audience ~95% left our game.

Purists of any dwindling entity are never concerned with fixing the entities trajectory. They're concerned with their personal preferences only.

I'm sure there were people at Kodak preaching that photos on film were what the company needed to focus on in 2003. If MS is happy with Halos current position, then I can see them focusing on maps and Battle Passes. However, if that's the case, they're going to be leapfrogged by companies who understand the market better in the coming months and years.

The 95% say it’s content.

In a thread about Microsoft adding more to the content pipeline, you’re complaining and joining the trolls demanding the content stream be interrupted. You’re also saying Microsoft is ‘focusing on content because they’re happy with the current position’.

Make it make sense 😂

Leyasu

Banned
343i issues have always been incomplete games, or they play it too safe or they chase trends. But more importantly, there are good ideas they just don't take it further.

I imagine so many things they could've added to Halo infinite. The campaign should've had more in it. I shit on 343i alot but I did enjoy the campaign but it's very bare.

Halo's campaign should've been.....

Story
Bounties (which i did enjoy)
FOB outpost
bases
saving marines out in the world

Stuff that i would've like to see that would've added more to the game

Elite Assassins hunting us down like the silent shadow throughout the world and there are audio cues that let you know when their getting close, maybe the grunt towers give a warning that their coming for us.
iu

Forerunner temples/dungeons (which aren't on the map you have to follow sentinels that are flying to certain secret areas environmental hints, the dungeon has puzzles, artifacts terminals, secret unique Sentinal bosses they could've played with more unique Forunner Sentinal designs). They could have storytelling elements both visual and through terminals to tell a story about these locations let me know more about the history of the places on the ring since there is so much unknown there. Have secret bosses throw a War sphinx at us, or a unique prometheon knight with a better design hunting us through a maze-like forerunner structure.

Raids - I'm not saying like Destiny raids, but maybe each section that we were at has these giants bases that we need to take down, there's a small substory where were assisting an elite ODST unit that's been fighting with whomever they could find and you assist raiding and taking down these bases that are on each section of each area so like 3-4 and each one has it's own unique story and battles. One of the base is guarded by Scarabs Bungie-styled scarabs. We fight unique enemy types that we don't usually see , and each section of the base has mini boses leading up to the main boss

They could introduce aliens that have been confirmed in the Halo verse one mini-boss could be

iu
sharquoi

After we get past it and the scarab were accomplishing objectives that are leading to the destruction of the base

and then the main boss is

iu

Is an elite who duel wields blades.

If Infinite had all this in each section of the map this would've been an amazing game. On top of that, they add more story content that blends multiplayer and more story bruh this would be an exceptional game!

Then you have great multiplayer and then you bring in another team for Battle Royal (even though i don't care for Battle royal there are people who would play that)?!?!?!?

Bruh this would've been arguably the best Halo game made. If the focus was just on making a complete game instead of being a game as a service model because I'm not even tempted to jump back into this game, not until this game is FULLY COMPLETE!
That all sounds pretty great. Alas 343 would need about 15yrs and the support of half of Microsoft’s first party studios to accomplish it lol

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The 95% say it’s content.

Skeptical, though open to being proven wrong.

My position has been relatively consistent for a while. Arena shooters don't work today. They'll never capture the zeitgeist like they did in the late 90s/early 00s. Gamers in their 30s-40s who go "This looks a lot like the Halo I played as a kid and I loved that game therefore 10/10" are irrelevant.

So the strategy of pumping resources towards making a better arena shooter gives 343 a relatively low ceiling to work under. If they fix all the major issues the Halo purists want, Halo will rise marginally in terms of concurrent players.

Does MS want Halo to be hovering around #75 on steam and #15 on XBox Live Most played? Me thinks not. Time to course correct.

S0ULZB0URNE

You have the testicular fortitude to tell me my response is a "day late and penny short kid"... but MY response is lame? Lmao, sit tf down, you got called out my multiple people including me which proved you don't know shit about Halo aside from uneducated trolling. You didn't even know CA's relation to Halo, pretending they're some random no-name developer when they've been with Halo for 15 years and are founded and staffed by Halo devs since Halo 2.

YOU are the one who doesn't know what you're talking about and continue to bury yourself with cropped images that prove nothing. Hold that L.
It's beyond lame.
You assumed I didn't play Infinite but were proven wrong.
Keep looking like a fool kid.

Infamy v1

It's beyond lame.
You assumed I didn't play Infinite but were proven wrong.
Keep looking like a fool kid.

Lying again? This is what I said to you

And here is you being the one to say you didn't play Halo Infinite (you didn't need to tell us twice since your post history shows you don't know much about Halo). Bu-but, sarcasm! Here's my suspiciously cropped purchase history, guys! Guys?

Like anyone who is familiar with your posts is supposed to believe you voted for Halo as 2021 GOTY 😂

S0ULZB0URNE

Lying again? This is what I said to you

And here is you being the one to say you didn't play Halo Infinite (you didn't need to tell us twice since your post history shows you don't know much about Halo). Bu-but, sarcasm! Here's my suspiciously cropped purchase history, guys! Guys?

Like anyone who is familiar with your posts is supposed to believe you voted for Halo as 2021 GOTY 😂
I own and have played every Halo.

I have never heard of CA unless they had another name?
I thought ex Bungie people went to 343.

Again I said it in a sarcastic way.
I guess it wasn't clear to some so I made it clear and showed evidence of what I said I did(played Infinite and purchased Season 1)

I also voted it goty 2021 out if GAF's choices.

But it's not without its issues and I am not alone with feeling this way.

Infamy v1

I own and have played every Halo.

I have never heard of CA unless they had another name?
I thought ex Bungie people went to 343.

Again I said it in a sarcastic way.
I guess it wasn't clear to some so I made it clear and showed evidence of what I said I did(played Infinite and purchased Season 1)

I also voted it goty 2021 out if GAF's choices.

But it's not without its issues and I am not alone with feeling this way.

This is probably the most rational post you've ever made on this website. You should learn from yourself here.

Leyasu

Banned
This was a seriously stupid thing to say. Jesus....
Leave it out. Not only was my post a light hearted dig @ 343, but if you were in more halo threads you would know just how much I have been playing and enjoying this since launch.

No need to get all defensive for the slow arse devs @343

Top Bottom