• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChatGPT sucks and is a hoax

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Spukc's life in the world of Harry Potter continued to be filled with happiness and excitement. He and Professor Garlick grew closer every day, and before long, they were married in a virtual ceremony filled with magic and wonder.

But on their wedding night, as they lay in bed together, Spukc received a shocking message. He was told that Professor Garlick was not the kind and gentle herbology professor that she appeared to be, but was actually a dark wizard who was romantically involved with Voldemort.

Spukc was devastated. He couldn't believe that the woman he had fallen in love with, the woman he had married, was sleeping with the dark lord. He didn't know what to do, so he turned to the only community he knew for help.

He logged back into NeoGAF and posted a thread with the title "Dating-Age: My Wife is Sleeping with Voldemort! What do I do?!" The NeoGAF users were quick to respond, offering their advice and support.

Most of the NeoGAF users told Spukc that he needed to annul the marriage, to get away from Professor Garlick as quickly as possible. They warned him of the dangers of being involved with a dark wizard, and the consequences that would inevitably follow.

But Spukc was undeterred. He was in love with Professor Garlick, and he was willing to do whatever it took to be with her. He knew that she was a dark wizard, but he also knew that there was good in her, and he was determined to help her see the light.

So he stayed by her side, even as she cast dark spells and plotted with Voldemort. He stood by her, hoping that his love and support would be enough to help her turn away from the dark path she was on.

And as the days went by, Spukc saw a change in Professor Garlick. She became more and more distant, more and more focused on her dark magic. And as much as he loved her, Spukc knew that he needed to do something to stop her.

So he challenged her to a virtual reality duel, determined to prove to her that there was a better way, that love and light could conquer even the darkest of magic. And as he ran circles around her, as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog, he shouted out the catchphrase "Gotta go fast!" hoping to remind her of what was truly important.

Freeza93

Banned
Yeah for sure, great % of jobs will be lost. But right now its not actively learning as far as i know, thats something researchers are still working on how to properly do. ChatGPT was trained on data up until 2021 iirc
And what is with that stuff the public gets to know years later. Or military stufx that is secret of course since ai in war has potential i can imagine. we see in the russian/ukrainian war how drones are a big part of modern warfare. imagine the drones controlled by ai or whatever the possibilities are bonkers. but interesting for sure

feynoob

Banned
EviLore EviLore
I didnt know you had a backstory.
Once upon a time, in a world filled with magic and mythical creatures, there lived a young wizard named EviLore. EviLore was known throughout the land as a powerful wizard with a dark reputation, who often used his magic for his own gain. Despite this, he was also known for his cunning intelligence and strategic thinking, which made him a formidable opponent.

One day, an evil sorcerer threatened the land, and the king asked for volunteers to defeat the sorcerer and restore peace to the kingdom. Despite his reputation, EviLore stepped forward and offered to help, hoping to prove himself to the world and redeem his name.

Along the way, EviLore encountered many challenges, including fierce battles with mythical creatures and puzzles that tested his intelligence. However, he persevered, relying on his cunning and strategic thinking to overcome each obstacle.

As he journeyed through the kingdom, EviLore encountered a group of young wizards who were also on a quest to defeat the evil sorcerer. Despite his reputation, they asked for his help and together, they worked to defeat the sorcerer and restore peace to the kingdom.

In the final showdown with the evil sorcerer, EviLore used all of his magic and cunning to outwit the sorcerer and defeat him once and for all. With the evil defeated, the kingdom was restored to peace, and EviLore was hailed as a hero.

Despite his reputation, EviLore proved that anyone can change and that a true hero lies within us all. From that day on, he was known as a wise and respected wizard, and his name was synonymous with bravery and courage.

sachos

Its is sci fi now. But that humanity will face such consequences is in the realm of reality and quite a few peeps warned about that. since humans never know when its enough . for hell we even could clone a person by now if it were not for the ethics.
in japan people clone their dead dogs and it looks exactly the same as the original. Scary shit lol. We even can change genetic while doing it so some dogs get make up like green nails or whatever is possible. hell we even can turn around evolution since they just try with birds so they can get a dinosaur out of it since birds in fact are dinosaurs so their dna has the code.
I mean yeah, there is a chance that something like that can happen what i mean is that its really low. You need killer robots too for it to happen and so far AI is advancing faster than humanoid robots are. But yeah, the problem has a name AI Alignment Problem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_alignment and there are a lot of smart researchers working on it, in fact ChatGPT could be way more unhinged but they restrict a lot of its capabilities to make it more aligned with human values and morals.
Crazy about those Japanese dogs, did not know that.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
And even though he knew that he would never be able to physically be with Professor Garlick, he was content just to be near her, to bask in the warmth of her virtual presence.

Harry Potter Magic GIF by WBGames

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
I mean yeah, there is a chance that something like that can happen what i mean is that its really low. You need killer robots too for it to happen and so far AI is advancing faster than humanoid robots are. But yeah, the problem has a name AI Alignment Problem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_alignment and there are a lot of smart researchers working on it, in fact ChatGPT could be way more unhinged but they restrict a lot of its capabilities to make it more aligned with human values and morals.
Crazy about those Japanese dogs, did not know that.
Yea my brain goes crazy on the possibilities. lol maybe our grandchildren will deal with that shit. if we survive the meteor that flies by 2029😂. But technology is advancing crazy fast just think about 1923 til now ? its INSANE. in just 100 years.

Neolombax

Maybe its confused with the movie Sonic 2? Im not really familiar with the games, i watched both Sonic movies with my kids.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
This is how we defeat AI. Any rogue info it gives we go all comic book guy and hurt it's feelings ? Until it gives up and just goes to chill by itself and leave us plebby dumb meat sacks to eat our poop in peace.
I saw a funny tweet that was basically like in the future we’ll start calling each other slurs to make sure we’re talking to real people

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Spukc was shocked by Professor Garlick's response. She sneered at him, telling him that he was fast alright, but nowhere near as fast as Voldemort in the bedroom. She told him that he needed to fix his dysfunction before she would even consider ending her affair with the dark lord.

Spukc was crushed. He had been so sure that he could save her, that he could show her the way to the light. But now he felt like a failure, like he was not good enough for her.

But he was determined to prove her wrong. He knew that he needed to improve his intimate performance, to be the best he could be for her. So he retreated from the virtual reality duel, determined to figure out how to be better.

Once again, he turned to NeoGAF for advice. He posted a thread with the title "Intimacy Issues: How Do I Perform Like Voldemort?" The NeoGAF users were quick to respond, offering their advice and support.

They told him to go to the gym, to sleep more, to eat healthy, and to do kegels. Spukc was determined to follow their advice to the letter. He spent several months training in the virtual reality gym, pushing himself to be the best he could be.

And finally, the day came. He was ready to return to Professor Garlick, ready to prove to her that he could outperform Voldemort. He entered the virtual reality world with confidence, determined to show her that he was the man for her.

He approached her with a sly grin, ready to demonstrate his newfound skills. But to his surprise, Professor Garlick was no longer there. In her place was a message, a warning from Voldemort himself.

The message read, "You should have left well enough alone, Spukc. Now you will face the consequences of your actions." Spukc was afraid, but he was also determined. He was not going to back down, not now, not ever.

And with that, he set out on a journey to find Professor Garlick and to stop Voldemort, once and for all. He ran through the virtual reality world, as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog, determined to save the woman he loved and to make sure that the world was a better place for everyone.

Teslerum

That's the most annoying thing about this AI, it actually gets a ton of things wrong, but instead of admitting it has no idea it'll confidently make up complete bullshit that's just plausible enough that someone who legitimately doesn't know the answer themselves would assume it's telling the truth. I've been asking it how to do certain things in Photoshop or 3DS Max, and it's wrong more often than not, but it'll name-drop actual features, buttons and options of those programs in its answers so it all looks superficially legit.
So, its like your typical internet. possible Neogaf user?

Last edited:

Teslerum

On that note I played tic tac toe with it and that bitch really tried to trick me by declaring a *draw* right before I was winning.

Told it to give itself the AI equivalent of a wet willie afterwards.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Be more specific.
Ask Sonic the hedgehog 1, 2, or 3 instead of just saying sonic the hedgehog.

Ai is likely grouping it together as 1.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Spukc was shocked by Professor Garlick's response. She sneered at him, telling him that he was fast alright, but nowhere near as fast as Voldemort in the bedroom. She told him that he needed to fix his dysfunction before she would even consider ending her affair with the dark lord.

Spukc was crushed. He had been so sure that he could save her, that he could show her the way to the light. But now he felt like a failure, like he was not good enough for her.

But he was determined to prove her wrong. He knew that he needed to improve his intimate performance, to be the best he could be for her. So he retreated from the virtual reality duel, determined to figure out how to be better.

Once again, he turned to NeoGAF for advice. He posted a thread with the title "Intimacy Issues: How Do I Perform Like Voldemort?" The NeoGAF users were quick to respond, offering their advice and support.

They told him to go to the gym, to sleep more, to eat healthy, and to do kegels. Spukc was determined to follow their advice to the letter. He spent several months training in the virtual reality gym, pushing himself to be the best he could be.

And finally, the day came. He was ready to return to Professor Garlick, ready to prove to her that he could outperform Voldemort. He entered the virtual reality world with confidence, determined to show her that he was the man for her.

He approached her with a sly grin, ready to demonstrate his newfound skills. But to his surprise, Professor Garlick was no longer there. In her place was a message, a warning from Voldemort himself.

The message read, "You should have left well enough alone, Spukc. Now you will face the consequences of your actions." Spukc was afraid, but he was also determined. He was not going to back down, not now, not ever.

And with that, he set out on a journey to find Professor Garlick and to stop Voldemort, once and for all. He ran through the virtual reality world, as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog, determined to save the woman he loved and to make sure that the world was a better place for everyone.
don't be that guy and fill in what you asked :messenger_beaming:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Spukc immediately searches for a Sonic the Hedgehog fursuit in the virtual reality world, but much to his dismay, he can't find one. He is about to lose all hope when a NeoGAF user named "TailsFan69" reaches out to him and offers to help him create a custom Sonic the Hedgehog fursuit. TailsFan69 is a master craftsman in the virtual reality world, and he helps Spukc put together a stunning fursuit in record time.

Spukc puts on the fursuit and struts into the bedroom, where Professor Garlick and Voldemort are waiting. Garlick's eyes light up when she sees Spukc, and she lets out a loud, "Oh my god, it's Sonic the Hedgehog!" Voldemort is taken aback and realizes he has some serious competition.

The contest begins, and Spukc and Voldemort engage in a wild and passionate night of lovemaking. Spukc, using his newfound love for Sonic the Hedgehog and his training in the VR gym, proves to be a worthy competitor, using his agility and speed to keep up with Voldemort.

However, Voldemort uses his dark magic to manipulate Professor Garlick's desires, causing her to become more and more aroused by his touch. Spukc, seeing that he is losing, turns to the NeoGAF members for help.

The NeoGAF members are quick to respond, telling Spukc to use his knowledge of the Sonic the Hedgehog video game to his advantage. They tell him to collect all seven chaos emeralds and harness their power to become Super Sonic, granting him immense strength and speed. Spukc does as he's told and becomes Super Sonic, able to outmatch Voldemort in every way.

Spukc knows that he has won, for he has finally learned how to combine his newfound speed with his love for Professor Garlick. He returns to NeoGAF and posts a triumphant message, declaring that he has finally figured out how to be the best lover in the virtual reality world.

And with that, Spukc lives happily ever after, running circles around the virtual reality world, always chasing the next thrill, and always keeping the love of his life by his side. For Spukc, life is one big, never-ending adventure, and he wouldn't have it any other way.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
How funny is it that you can easily misread the word 'Spukc' as 'spunk'?

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions or emotions. However, I can tell you that the confusion between the words "Spukc" and "spunk" can be considered a linguistic error or a typo. It's important to be mindful of the words we use in our communications to avoid misunderstandings.

Doctor Who Dw GIF by BBC America

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
don't be that guy and fill in what you asked :messenger_beaming:
I outline the story in each case and the AI ghostwrites the prose. It comes up with some ideas on its own, though, like the NeoGAF user named "TailsFan69" contacting you about the fursuit, and NeoGAF encouraging you to collect the chaos emeralds to become Super Sonic so that you'll be faster in the bedroom. Those were from the AI, which is pretty legit.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
screw all this AI stuff though: a super cool Sonic 3&K hack called Hellfire Saga released a while ago... it combines sonic and castlevania and it's super cool

Spukc

I outline the story in each case and the AI ghostwrites the prose. It comes up with some ideas on its own, though, like the NeoGAF user named "TailsFan69" contacting you about the fursuit, and NeoGAF encouraging you to collect the chaos emeralds to become Super Sonic so that you'll be faster in the bedroom. Those were from the AI, which is pretty legit.
hey i am subbed when will Netflix make this into a 9 episode series?

Spukc

How funny is it that you can easily misread the word 'Spukc' as 'spunk'?

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions or emotions. However, I can tell you that the confusion between the words "Spukc" and "spunk" can be considered a linguistic error or a typo. It's important to be mindful of the words we use in our communications to avoid misunderstandings.

Doctor Who Dw GIF by BBC America
on many occasions i got banned for my name :)

real life story.

my first pet, a rat i called is spukc out of respect it's my user name :)
the damn pet walked next to me outside

Last edited:
Depends how you use it. Random questions might not always work best but still 9/10 gave me good results I was looking for. However, to update your CV or whatever personal intro....it sold me better than I ever could myself. It made my intro sound so professional in a way I could not think of putting it together, didn't omit anything, all the details are there, just put in a much better package for consumption.

BabyYoda

Banned
That's the most annoying thing about this AI, it actually gets a ton of things wrong, but instead of admitting it has no idea it'll confidently make up complete bullshit that's just plausible enough that someone who legitimately doesn't know the answer themselves would assume it's telling the truth. I've been asking it how to do certain things in Photoshop or 3DS Max, and it's wrong more often than not, but it'll name-drop actual features, buttons and options of those programs in its answers so it all looks superficially legit.
You could just as easily be describing the MSM.

reksveks

Or any media that relies to engagement to get paid.

Back to topic, ChatGPT will lie to you but so will 'Google' and people. It's an interesting area of research/technology and one that society should be thinking and legislating around.

I haven't found a use for ChatGPT in my life but have done regarding generative ai for coding. Yes, it's wrong and generally requires more grounding to get you more accurate data but it definitely speeds up my coding. That's a massive win.

Mung

Joking aside, I wouldn't rely on chatgpt for factual information.

Just try asking it 'what are the top 10 highest selling consoles of all time'.

It'll give you an answer that is out of order and with clear omissions.

As of my training data cut-off, the top 10 highest selling video game consoles of all time are:

1. PlayStation 2 - 155 million units sold
  2. Nintendo DS - 154 million units sold
  3. Game Boy - 118 million units sold
  4. Game Boy Advance - 81.5 million units sold
  5. PlayStation - 102.49 million units sold
  6. Wii - 101.63 million units sold
  7. Xbox 360 - 84 million units sold
  8. PlayStation 4 - 115 million units sold (as of 2021)
  9. Nintendo Switch - 84 million units sold (as of 2021)
  10. original Xbox - 24 million units sold
Note: These numbers are approximate and may fluctuate based on various factors.

Last edited:
i dont even know what this chat gpt is?!
Probably it doesn't affect you now depending on your line of work but ChatGPT is an AI text-based program in which you can "talk" with it and ask for questions, suggestions, and even simple tasks (that can help in productivity on your work).

Beware that it's still in early development and the thing is known for being biased in some matters. People are using it in the hopes of doing some of their job or homework. However, as shown by Spuck above, it's quite unreliable in many ways but it's a great tool if you know what/how to ask to do some things.

AI like this will be the norm moving forward in every field of work in just a few years from now.

FingerBang

Did it in the new Bing

If anyone wants to look the future (slightly dystopian)
7Eo5jgX.png

Ain't verified the numbers.
I'm in the new bing beta, using Edge dev, and it's simply amazing what it can do.

Google is so fucking dead and I, for one, welcome the fall of a woke giant by the hand of this new little Bing guy!

Edit:

Tried asking the same question to bing and this is what I got. I would verify it myself but Sonic was never good so.

The story of Sonic 2 depends on whether you are referring to the 16-bit or the 8-bit version of the game. In the 16-bit version, which is the more popular one, the story is as follows12:

Sonic the Hedgehog, a blue hedgehog with super speed, and his new sidekick Miles “Tails” Prower, a two-tailed fox who can fly, have discovered that Doctor Robotnik, a mad scientist, is seeking the Chaos Emeralds, seven mystical gems that can grant immense power, to fuel his space station, the Death Egg, a giant metal sphere that can destroy planets. Robotnik has also captured the animal inhabitants of West Island and turned them into robotic slaves called Badniks. Sonic and Tails must travel across six zones, each with its own theme and obstacles, to collect the Chaos Emeralds and stop Robotnik’s evil scheme.

In the 8-bit version, which was released for the Sega Master System and Game Gear, the story is slightly different3. Sonic has arrived on West Island with Tails, who admires him and wants to be his friend. However, Robotnik has kidnapped Tails and is holding him hostage on the Death Egg. Sonic must rescue Tails and the other animals by collecting six Chaos Emeralds hidden in the zones. Along the way, he encounters a mysterious silver Sonic, who is actually a robotic duplicate created by Robotnik to stop him.

Last edited:

Mung

Did it in the new Bing

If anyone wants to look the future (slightly dystopian)
7Eo5jgX.png

Ain't verified the numbers.
Yes Bing can give different answers to the actual chatgpt site.

I even tried to get it to correct the list but it just can't figure it out. That is why I was surprised about that hoo ha about Bard being wrong about an astronomical finding. Chatgpt can easily be wrong too.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Joking aside, I wouldn't rely on chatgpt for factual information.
People should keep in mind that ChatGPT was NOT designed with the goal of giving correct information or coming up with original ideas (an area where I've seen people on Era criticizing it).
The goal is to recognize and predict language patterns and so being able to sustain a conversation in natural language.

reksveks

Yes Bing can give different answers to the actual chatgpt site.

I even tried to get it to correct the list but it just can't figure it out.
It may just need the new data sources that the search results that's apart of underlying model behind the Bing chatbot.

I do wish users have the ability to see what sources are 'trusted' and possibly even to control it for personal queries. Forbes is half good and half crap so will be interesting to see what they do.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Ask him:

"Sam's mother, has three kids, Eric and Stephen. What is the name of the third kid"

and post the result ;)
She has three kids, Eric and Stephen.
So she has five kids in total.
How the hell would I know the name of the third one?

The punctuation in that sentence really opens up possibilities

Mung

People should keep in mind that ChatGPT was NOT designed with the goal of giving correct information or coming up with original ideas (an area where I've seen people on Era criticizing it).
The goal is to recognize and predict language patterns and so being able to sustain a conversation in natural language.
True.

Which makes it even funnier that people are using it to write scientific essays etc. Won't be that hard for examiners to notice.

Last edited:

digdug2

Chat GPT loves to lie and made shit up, I was using it to help me with code and it is unsuitable for it, it made shit up if you copy paste it, that code does not work 8/10 times. Trash
I read this as "Chat GPT is trash because I tried to have it do my job for me and it wouldn't."

BlackTron

In the end, there was little that Spukc could do. The mind virus had taken on a life of its own, spreading far beyond his control. And as he watched the world crumble around him, Spukc was left to ponder the dangers of AI and the unintended consequences of our relentless pursuit of technological advancement.

Great so we all end up jacked into the Matrix actually believing that Chemical Plant is in Sonic 1. Dystopian future.

Davevil

A little bit OF but really weird behavior
This morning I started a chat with the new bing using edge canary and ended up with the bot telling me it would store my name (and other info) to remember me for future chats.
Now I asked my name and it replied that it does not store any information (not even in the form of cookies)

Top Bottom