• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuardo

Apparently they were working last week on pre-orders but have since stopped doing so (might have resume though). The hats are apparently pretty bad quality though.

As for other retailers. I have a feeling only GAME and Nintendo Store will sell it so £44.99 will be the best from a UK retailer.

Ahh, thanks for the info. If anyone puts an order down, please try to confirm if the hat code works.

Edit: Thanks Zafir.

Have a feeling you'll be right about just GAME and Nintendo UK Store...unfortunately. Odd that Nintendo seems to keep going with one of the worst retailers for their exclusive special editions.

Son Of D

Definitely no exceptions with their special editions lately then? I'll probably just put an order down with them.

Outside of the Smash Bros + Gamecube Controller Adapter and Smash Bros + Mario Amiibo bundles it's been GAME and Nintendo UK only for their SEs.

LoveCake

Ahh, thanks for the info. If anyone puts an order down, please try to confirm if the hat code works.

Edit: Thanks Zafir.

Have a feeling you'll be right about just GAME and Nintendo UK Store...unfortunately. Odd that Nintendo seems to keep going with one of the worst retailers for their exclusive special editions.

You do realise that it is the retailers that ask for the 'editions' versions of games, they ask the dev/pub what digital content or merchandise can be put together, that was how it originally started, some publishers got in on the act though, but they can charge more money for a couple of extra trinkets they will do it, all GAME will do is offer to take a smaller cut on the percentage than say Amazon or ShopTo.

I for one have never had a issue or problem with game.

I doubt i will get the Zelda MM SE because the extras are not worth the extra money.

Lucreto

I ordered Majoras Mask, Mario and Link amiibo and Captain Toad and Hyrulian bag for free.

I planned to get all these over a couple of months but getting together now and get a free bag is better.

Azuardo

You do realise that it is the retailers that ask for the 'editions' versions of games, they ask the dev/pub what digital content or merchandise can be put together, that was how it originally started, some publishers got in on the act though, but they can charge more money for a couple of extra trinkets they will do it, all GAME will do is offer to take a smaller cut on the percentage than say Amazon or ShopTo.

I for one have never had a issue or problem with game.

I doubt i will get the Zelda MM SE because the extras are not worth the extra money.
Nope, didn't know retailers actually ask pubs what bits 'n' bobs can be put into a special edition. I knew retailers would likely try to purchase exclusive rights to special editions, but not the former.

Only obvious exception I can think of is with Zelda ALBW where that special edition had GAME's logo plastered all over it, making it look like some bollocks they'd thrown together themselves. The SE for MM3D actually looks more like a proper Nintendo packaging. I don't doubt your words, though; just never really realised how SEs worked before.

Defo hate GAME as a retailer, though. If I do buy, it'll be from NUK store, but still uncertain, as the SE could still be better. Nintendo are poor when it comes to SEs/LEs.

LoveCake

Nope, didn't know retailers actually ask pubs what bits 'n' bobs can be put into a special edition. I knew retailers would likely try to purchase exclusive rights to special editions, but not the former.

Only obvious exception I can think of is with Zelda ALBW where that special edition had GAME's logo plastered all over it, making it look like some bollocks they'd thrown together themselves. The SE for MM3D actually looks more like a proper Nintendo packaging. I don't doubt your words, though; just never really realised how SEs worked before.

Defo hate GAME as a retailer, though. If I do buy, it'll be from NUK store, but still uncertain, as the SE could still be better. Nintendo are poor when it comes to SEs/LEs.

It's not so much what bits & bobs, it's more we [retailer] want a 'edition' what can you offer.

I was asking some devs/pubs at Gadget Show Live last year & i was asking about the pre-order DLC & all said the same thing that MS will only allow retailer specific pre-order DLC if it will be available to everyone in the future, Sony has just followed on from what i was told, i also asked about the different editions mostly about the ones that people in the USA & Japan get & that the UK/EU always seem to miss out & they mostly said the same thing that is is down to the region HQ's & they work with retailers on the 'editions' & it used to be the retailers that asked for the 'editions' so the pub's always think about a special or collectors edition now, the retailers are more for the pre-order DLC.

Also in the UK GAME is important to Sony, MS & Nintendo, when GAME went bust the big players offered the new owners good deals as they wanted a games presence on the high street & GAME was the launch partner of Nintendo, i went to a WiiU lock-in at my local GAME store a few months before the WiiU was launched & they has Nintendo PR people a couple of WiiU's & games for us to play (this is when i put a deposit on a WiiU) they also brought along sweets, can you imagine a local Tesco or Asda doing the same, i very much doubt it.

As this is going wildly off topic, i will just say that i have not had a issue with GAME & i will continue to support them, the £150 of free shares i got also helps.

Azuardo

my thought was will you get the bag and that now stopping you from cancelling preorder?

I've ordered now and it seems to indicate they'll send the Mario hat tomorrow. Dunno how it will work if I want to cancel in Spring. Doubt I will, but still. Would they demand I send the hat back? lol

illusionary

Does anyone have any use this evening for a 10% off Zavvi voucher? I've got a code expiring at midnight that I don't have any immediate use for.

Edit: it's expired now

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah it was a while back, I think it was limited to 5,000 people but you could get a £40 off a £200 Asda Direct spend coupon applied to your PayPal account, I'd been holding on to it in the hope that Asda brought about a sale or a coupon just like this. The £40 was running out (11th Nov)

just bought one for £329 for pickup tomorrow. Need to sell my black one now. I'm assuming the power supply etc is all black and standard? Hoping I can just unplug and swap over without needing to untangle wires etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1yMrYke5v0

Moz

Holy Shitballs

Xbox One Console With Halo Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Halo Console Skin & Forza 5 GOTY Download £349.99

Apparently this is £249.99 if you trade in an Xbox 360 and any five games.

ramparter

Banned
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Special Edition - £44.99 @ Nintendo UK Store

Combine with the below for free hat/magazine. Might be a deal to some people.

I'm not arsed about a free hat. Might just wait a while to see what other prices other retailers put up for it. £40 would be nice.

So that probably translates to 60 euros which is what I expected. Will wait for the best deal but definetely pre-order long before is out, won't risk missing this one. Even 60 euros would be ok but anything close to 50 will be perfect.

Hobohodo

Holy Shitballs

Xbox One Console With Halo Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Halo Console Skin & Forza 5 GOTY Download £349.99

Apparently this is £249.99 if you trade in an Xbox 360 and any five games.

Yeah the trade in deal is correct, been going for a whole.

Not quite ANY 5 360 games though. If it's a game that isn't traded in any more (mainly old annual sports games) then it's no dice. Just bear that in mind before anyone raids the charity shops.

ozfunghi

Amazon Italy:

Wii U basic
+ Nintendoland
+ Wii party U
+ extra wiimote
€179,99

It's a similar deal to what i posted last month, but even €10 cheaper now. There was a guy from Holland who ordered one so it presumably ships to EU. If someone can verify (I don't speak Italian).

So, i've seen these prices have gone up recently...

But in Bart Smit Belgium (Leuven) they sell this bundle for €199 in the store.
On ebay Italia, you can still find them for €179 though.

roxya

Not games related but http://www.e2save.com/mobile-phone/contract/nokia/Nokia-Lumia-530-Black.html?tariffcode=ET084AUG14

These guys have an offer in the UK for a free Nokia 530 phone with 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 500MB data for free. £7.50 per month over two years, but you claim £180 cashback duri the contract making it effectively free.

I just ordered two for my kids for Christmas.

Considering you have to post every bill to them and if you don't pay for at least recorded delivery they'll claim they didn't receive it, and therefore won't give you any cashback, seems hardly worth the time and effort.

Posted elsewhere?

Jump into the next-generation with the ULTIMATE X1 bundle.
Featuring Xbox One Console, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Forza 5 GOTY download AND a Halo console skin. ALL for only £349.99. Pwoar!

Link

It's almost tempting here, but Halo and CoD don't do it for me. But I figure some of you will want to bite!

Edit: I scrolled up and saw it, nevermnd XD

Buy/sell moves super fast and is US dominated, so difficult to sell anything Europe based. I have a PS4 and Xbox one to sell but that thread makes it really unlikely to get a bite.

Aaah that sucks =/... I sold 365 day ps plus on it for £30 which was a good deal I guess.Ebay it is =/.

I'm really confused by the pre-order costumes for this. Bandai Namco said there'd be six costumes for those buying day one, but all the retailers mention just three. Anyone know what the deal is here?

IIRC, there's 3 costumes for pre-ordering and 3 already included with the game - or atleast with the first print/Limited edition with the soma link edition draw...I've ordered from Amazon as I have a gift card for there - they say they will e-mail the code to you - your link states the legacy costumes are only available via certain retailers =/.

EDIT- Yup,that's the case. Go here:
and scroll down and click more info under TALES OF HEARTS™ R pre-order offer and Soma Link edition! news article.

Springy

First print contains 3 costumes and pre-order gives you 3 more?

IIRC, there's 3 costumes for pre-ordering and 3 already included with the game - or atleast with the first print/Limited edition with the soma link edition draw...I've ordered from Amazon as I have a gift card for there - they say they will e-mail the code to you - your link states the legacy costumes are only available via certain retailers =/

Thanks guys.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD REMIX Collectors Edition - Amazon.de for anyone not in the UK+France http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00PC7XIBE/

€100? Meh...

91aUeTRRwXL._SL1500_.jpg

Azuardo

€100? Meh...

At least the bloody artbook isn't stuck inside the case this time, unlike KH 1.5 and Tomb Raider. Even Bayonetta 2's artbook was like that, although didn't look as if it would fall off at the seams when you opened it. Geniuses, whoever puts these CE together.

So I guess that's something KH 2.5 CE is doing right.

At least the bloody artbook isn't stuck inside the case this time, unlike KH 1.5 and Tomb Raider. Even Bayonetta 2's artbook was like that, although didn't look as if it would fall off at the seams when you opened it. Geniuses, whoever puts these CE together.

So I guess that's something KH 2.5 CE is doing right.

Please, let's not call those 30-page thingies "art books". ;-)

Instead of adding an actual art book or an actual OST (instead of a sampler) you only ever see stuff like pins and stickers and other stuff nobody really wants anymore in these CEs. This one is no different in that department.

I also don't get why Square keeps pushing out so many Kingdom Hearts ports. Those first two games have aged terribly on the gameplay side imo.

Azuardo

Please, let's not call those 30-page thingies "art books". ;-)

Instead of adding an actual art book or an actual OST (instead of a sampler) you only ever see stuff like pins and stickers and other stuff nobody really wants anymore in these CEs. This one is no different in that department.

Haha, I absolutely agree with you. I think Europe's FFX HD artbook was a downscaled version of what the US got. I hate the books that are only the size of a disc case instead of an actual large hardbook.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do GAME trade in offers work? They have one at the moment for 20% trade in against Halo MCC. But can I trade in anything? Was wondering if I could trade in my PS4 for £200+20%=£240. Just as a backup in case I can't sell it. Or are you limited to the amount of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom