• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molemitts

I recently ordered a Wii U and I want to get Super Mario 3D World. It's still fairly pricey, in all the places I've looked, so where's the best place to get it?

That Lg TV is actually pretty decent for gaming. especially for the price. just bought one as a needed a new TV for our bedroom.

Was also recently on an epic deal on Tesco direct for that TV and an Xbox one with Forza horizon 2 for £499 but think thats finished now.
So does anyone know if there is any similar deals (console + TV) for PS4 in the UK at the moment? I'd like to buy a 32inch TV (can't go much higher because it's for the bedroom) and a PS4 until Christmas, but I don't know if there's any point waiting for such a deal or just buy them separately.

Zatoth

Stupid question but do you know if you pay shipping to the UK from there? If so I might as well stick to the Prime delivery on the UK site.

Shipping to the UK should be ~6€.

You can also try to make the order with your account of the UK site to see the shipping costs before you finish the order.

Benedict

Amazon.co.uk are selling the Sony Playstation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 for £59.99, although out of stock at the moment.
Check their price in the list on the right part of your screen.

818T8F6AFgL._SL1500_.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anywhere to get Far Cry 4 for less than £40? Pc version

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You can also get it for about 23€ from the Indian Origin Store. uPlay- and Origin-Version. Need to use an Indian VPN though to put it in the cart and turn it off after clicking Proceed to checkout.

Thanks, worked on Mexican store for £23!

Zafir

I'd just be a bit wary with getting other region uplay games from now on. They've started region locking. Indian Unity keys require a VPN to activate on uplay(some even require a vpn to be on for it to appear in your game list). Someone in one of the Unity threads mentioned their Mexican key needed a VPN to be activated too.

Sad times for cheap games. :/

Buying hardware from ShopTo?

Any EU GAF with experience buying consoles from ShopTo?

This looks incredible:

Xbox One Console + Call of Duty Advanced Warfare + Forza 5 Download Code + GTA V + Wolfenstein + Titanfall
for 399.85GBP is mighty tempting.

- shipping price? what courier do they use?
- warranty, etc.?
- any issues, etc.?

Regards

kuppy

Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U) - 10pounds <-- best versions b/c least buggy
uh
Unfortunately, the Wii U once again disappoints with considerably worse performance than the other formats. This is a shame, as the use of lower-resolution shadows and greater texture streaming problems could all be overlooked if the game ran far more smoothly. The pared-back GamePad features and the lack of multiplayer also comes across as a disappointment, making this version hard to recommend if you own multiple platforms.

[…] Given the major frame-rate issues it's hard to recommend the Wii U game at all unless you have no other option.

Digital Foundry
Also don't think you should be afraid to buy this game because of glitches and bugs.

TheMoon

Do you have any evidence to back this?

Not really sure what would count as evidence other than several impressions from people who actually played the games and didn't just run them through their test machine (this would required digging up old gaf threads about those games). Not claiming their data is wrong, just the conclusions they draw from them most of the time. All I want to say with this is that you shouldn't treat their analyses as gospel for these games since they're heavily basing things off of their framerate counters and in actual play experience there are often other advantages in that version that they either ignore or downplay. In the case of Batman AO it's the reduced number of bugs (Human Head developed that version so that would explain the difference) compared to the supposedly very broken PS360PC versions.

I'm sure if you're really curious about the specifics you can dig up old threads about the game's Wii U version. I don't want to derail this thread with long arguments or anything^^

Also don't think you should be afraid to buy this game because of glitches and bugs.

I´m thinking you take this "glitches and bugs" thing a bit too lightly.

Nowadays there are more games out there than you might think that you can´t even beat anymore because of that stuff or that are borderline unplayable. A low frame rate is never going to keep you from finishing a game though.

I´m not sure what the state of Arkham City is in that department. But iirc it freezes occasionally on PS3. Not the type of stuff I enjoy in my games.

And about Arkham Origins:

Batman: Arkham Origins players have suffered from numerous minor bugs since the game's release, but also game breaking bugs, like corrupted save files on Xbox 360, repeated crashes in certain parts of the game, and being locked out of certain missions or other content.

Source

The first rule of Eurogamer is that they're "biased" against literally any company who the individual in question feels any kind of affinity towards.

jimi_dini

Do you prefer a sightly better framerate, while the game tears a lot at the same time? Wii U has no tearing at all. PS3+360 have lots of that. I mean if you wanted a proper rock solid framerate of 60 fps let's say 30 fps it's UE3 after all, then you wouldn't buy an Unreal Engine 3 game on consoles in the first place. You would simply buy the PC version.

Even if there wouldn't be less glitches like in the other versions (and there actually are less glitches), I would still always prefer the one that isn't tearing like hell.

and btw. multiplayer is shit (and dead nowadays).

Eurogamer surely has their priorities straight. Tearing in games - well that's totally fine and not a huge issue or anything. Freezes and game breaking bugs, that's also not any issue at all, I mean we got our framerate footage, that's all that matters. But a (rock solid) 59 fps framerate of Mario Kart 8 in single player, well that's something to really complain about.

Buying hardware from ShopTo?

Any EU GAF with experience buying consoles from ShopTo?

This looks incredible:

Xbox One Console + Call of Duty Advanced Warfare + Forza 5 Download Code + GTA V + Wolfenstein + Titanfall
for 399.85GBP is mighty tempting.

- shipping price? what courier do they use?
- warranty, etc.?
- any issues, etc.?

Regards

Bought my PS4 from ShopTo at launch.
Cannot recommend them enough.

Shipping is free with DPD so you can track it and watch the van drive around your area via a map to see where it is, giving you a one hour window to be at home for.
You get one years warranty with ShopTo who will swap your console for a brand new one, no questions asked if theres anything wrong with it.

All my games come from there as well and I usually get them a day early or on the day.

Bought my PS4 from ShopTo at launch.
Cannot recommend them enough.

Shipping is free with DPD so you can track it and watch the van drive around your area via a map to see where it is, giving you a one hour window to be at home for.
You get one years warranty with ShopTo who will swap your console for a brand new one, no questions asked if theres anything wrong with it.

All my games come from there as well and I usually get them a day early or on the day.

Couldn't agree more with Shopto's service. However their prices seem to have increased a fair bit lately and DriveClub/MCC have put me off pre-ordering for a long time.

You are in the UK, right?

IvanI´s question was mainly directed to mainland Euro people. Shipping to mainland Europe is anything but free at Shoppe Two afaik. As I said above: I think it´s actually pretty expensive for large packages and hardware.

Famassu

So.. I know this is asked a million times daily, but where is the cheapest place to get a (preferably white) DualShock 4 (to Finland, in my case)? Is there any sense to import one if I'll just have to send it back in a few months? Are the new sticks as shitty as the early ones or are there less people complaining about that crumbly stick problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom