• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry 2 has gained 500,000 new players since its Game Pass launch

GHG

They lost my money by making it exclusive to Epic and now I even lost interest playing it. Too bad because I loved the first game.

Well this is the thing, as we saw with Halo Infinite these numbers have become meaningless in terms of determining how successful a game is (or is going to be).

Good for those who enjoy the game though since it means easier matchmaking for now at least.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
That gamepass effect.

Im one of them, I was always curious about this game, I never knew it came to console.
Gamepass really suits my style of play because there are lots of games that go out of my radar and I would not buy them.

splattered

I reinstalled my ultimate copy a couple weeks ago and i've had WAY more fun with it now than i did at launch... one of the only things bothering me with it consistently is strange hit detection. Just seems like my bullets aren't connecting regardless of distance sometimes... though i have crossplay on so who knows

I reinstalled my ultimate copy a couple weeks ago and i've had WAY more fun with it now than i did at launch... one of the only things bothering me with it consistently is strange hit detection. Just seems like my bullets aren't connecting regardless of distance sometimes... though i have crossplay on so who knows
Bullets...how high are you right now?

drotahorror

They lost my money by making it exclusive to Epic and now I even lost interest playing it. Too bad because I loved the first game.

Would have bought it as well. Looked fun. Won't even bother if it's on a deep sale now. Steam made their first game insanely popular, I'm sure they made a lot of money off it. Why shill out to Epic?

GHG

What does this have to do with the post you quoted lol? But obviously having more players is always better, so you're wrong.

It's pretty clear is it not? They took payoffs from both Epic and Microsoft and lost customers who would have been willing to pay in the process.

If you're not able to extract a proportional amount of revenue from your player base then bragging about numbers is a pointless metric, especially during the initial phase of it being added to a subscription service.

Whereas once upon a time you could say 500k players = good (especially for a game that is not f2p), now it's a case of time will tell.

Last edited:

elco

Last I checked, still couldn't party between ps4 and ps5. Fun game, but would have been a deal breaker for me had I known before buying.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
They have guns in Chivalry?

No... but every weapon is effectively a ranged weapon, its one of the first things you learn, the amount of people crawling away from me I have Captain America'd to death with a sheild throw is in the hundreds.

Unfortunately the dedicated ranged weapons in the game can feel "off" but I put this down to longer range engagements compared to dedicated throwing weapons, so it disappears if you use them at close/mid range... just be aware that if you consitantly land shots you will be priority target one for literally everyone and they will bullrush past your front line just to get to you. Gotta get good with those one handed secondaries and not getting tunnel vision at there front line, archers can surprisingly hold there own in melle, especially the Javalin subclass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom