• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ciri actress asks fans to give Liam Hemsworth a chance as Geralt of Rivia

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-witcher-season-5-renewal-1713449777317.jpeg

Henry Cavill has walked away from The Witcher on Netflix and his replacement Liam Hemsworth has already faced criticism online, but Ciri actress Freya Allan wants fans to give him a chance.

Speaking to Collider, Allan said she feels sorry for Hemsworth for having to take over from Cavill in what's "not an ideal situation", though assured he's making a lot of effort to bring protagonist Geralt of Rivia to life.

"I don’t want to speak for him, but from what I’ve understood, I feel like he’s really wanting to try and bring the heart. He’s been training,"

she said.

Denorion

Neo Member
I mean, it's kinda obvious that they are planning to kill off Geralt and preparing to do a Ciri Spinoff, so I am not sure if the new Actor will have the proper time to do anything

ssringo

My interest was killed before Cavill even left the show. As others have said, the problem is the people behind the camera.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
People aren't mad that there is new geralt. They are mad at the reason why there is a new geralt.

TheShocker

Isn’t the last season anyway? Who cares if he does a good job or not. The damage was done before the show ever aired.

00_Zer0

I stopped watching it after season 2. After I saw what the writers did to season 2 I couldn't even bare season 3 with Henry Cavil in it. The fans are not to blame for shitty writing and shitty mismanagement of a beloved book and game series. There is nothing to feel sorry for here. Liam is getting paid regardless. No one blames an actor who wants to be working. He already knows what he is getting in to.

Skipped S3 because I wasn't about to give Netflix a view count after how bad S2 was, so "NO", I won't give him a shot. He wasn't the problem anyway.
Unless they somehow do a complete 180, S4 is doomed to fail no matter who was casted as Geralt.

Thabass

Yeah, it's not Liam that's the problem. I have no issues with him, I just see Cavil as Geralt. I really can't see anyone else as him. It's no offense to Liam.

ZehDon

I don’t think anyone has an issue with Liam. The issue is the show runners and writers drove out the guy the author said was Geralt because they wanted to tell their own shitty story instead of the story fans have come to love. Doesn’t matter who’s in the role if the writing remains garbage tier.

Top Bottom