• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic Ryu, Chun-Li and Guile confirmed for Street Fighter 6

Draugoth

Gold Member

Ryu, Chun-Li, and Guile's classic looks make their return in #StreetFighter6! Perfect to remind everyone what legends they are.

FYTYQcsWIAE54qt
FYTYQfTXoAABCQ6
FYTYQcaXwAMcdaT
FYTZpFfVQAI-IBO
FYTZpFgUIAAWtfT
FYTZpFhUYAUuhJZ

Doom85

Chun Li without her classic legs is not Chun Li…. Glad they came to their senses.

Was there actually concern they wouldn’t be available? As a Sakura main I wasn’t worried when I saw her new outfit (which was good as well) in her reveal trailer for SF V since I knew they would have her OG outfit as an alternate and lo and behold that’s what happened.

[Sigma]

Guile's costume translated very well and he looks even more jacked lol.

Ryu's got him out here looking like a Tekken character. I see he got the SF2 hair style going on too.

Chun-Li and Guile look good. I get what they're going for with Ryu, but I wish they'd have dialed-back the tatters & dirt a bit. Offering classic looks is expected, especially after all the costumes in SF5. For these types of cosmetics, my question is what will they be offering out-the-box and what's gonna cost extra?

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Using the word “drip”…

diarrhea eating GIF by Anthony Antonellis
Capcom is trying to be too hip with this. Hopefully it’ll pay off and be “bangers”. That other hip, cool word.

As long as it’s a good game. I don’t know what they’re thinking. Street Fighter is an iconic franchise. Capcom got it back to mainstream when they made Street Fighter IV, but it definitely has had an identity crisis ever since. SFV was fun for a while, but it was hard to enjoy it as much as IV. IV felt like the new/old found a perfect balance. V had a great image, but it wasn’t engaging on a casual level. I enjoy the casual appeal of any fighting game just cause it’s easy to pick up and drop every year.

I’m concerned that they’re trying too hard with this style and the casual appeal of Street Fighter is going to get old real fast. That’s not even considering how FGC players react. In a way, keeping their traditional costumes will give it some quality when the “new Street Fighter” feeling goes away.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
What I can't figure out is why Chun Li keeps getting uglier as Street Fighter gets better graphically.

My guess is that the designers are desperate to make sure that she looks "Chinese" and not Japanese or whatever.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Great, so now my best friend can relive our high school days of him whipping my ass with the classic Guile all over again (the man is a beast with Guile...).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I really dont understand how people can say Chun Li looks ugly......this model is absolutely beautiful.
Then theres people who say she looks uglier in this......ohh damn it too late.
I gotta say it, but Chin Li keeps gettin uglier and uglier in the face. She looked better before.

What I can't figure out is why Chun Li keeps getting uglier as Street Fighter gets better graphically.
My guess is that the designers are desperate to make sure that she looks "Chinese" and not Japanese or whatever.
This is an ugly character?
744731.jpg

And what, you think she looked better in SF4 or SF5?
Go look at her model in those games again.
This model is much better looking both fidelity and attractiveness <- thats a word right?

SF6_ChunLi_NewDesign-1024x576.webp

HoodWinked

It's also because SFV was still using stylized visuals. SF6 has more realistic visuals and proportions. SFV Chun Li is visually appealing but she's pretty much ethnically ambiguous without the costume.

cnl.png

Last edited:

Black_Stride

It's also because SFV was still using stylized visuals. SF6 has more realistic visuals and proportions. SFV Chun Li is visually appealing but she's pretty much ethnically ambiguous without the costume.

cnl.png
Capture her in game.

yurinka

Well, after all the huge amount of costumes they added in SFV obviously they'll have many costumes in SF6 too, specially classic ones. I like these ones, particularly seeing Ryu getting the (Super) SFII haircut. I love Jamie's new streetwear costume, I prefer it over the normal one.

Now get rid of the steroid arms and muscles.
Just can’t get over the weird body proportions they gave many of the characters, makes me not want it even look at the game
I think they should continue to be as they are.

These proportions are part of the Street Fighter art style and personality, and were designed in this way because help to identify better each body part of the arms or legs, making the silhouettes more readable helping to identify better each frame of each animation and react faster and better.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
This is a game only worth buying just before SF7 comes out.. Unless you wanna pay $400 just to try new characters, levels and skins.

SF should go free to play and reward those who want to grind for characters instead of buying them.

Black_Stride

This is a game only worth buying just before SF7 comes out.. Unless you wanna pay $400 just to try new characters, levels and skins.

SF should go free to play and reward those who want to grind for characters instead of buying them.
After everyone has all but figured out the meta so you can properly start at the bottom vs players who have had years of honing their skills in the game?
Yeah that sounds like a plan.

Black_Stride

Pay $400 for honing skills?
Championship edition launched at $30 standalone and the upgrade DLC was $25
Season 5 cost 25

30 + 25 = 400?

Even if we say you bought base game, championship edition and then go on to buy Season 5.
Thats still:
60 + 25 + 25.
Thats 110 dollars with a bunch of content and support over the course of 7 years?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Championship edition launched at $30 standalone and the upgrade DLC was $25
Season 5 cost 25

30 + 25 = 400?

Even if we say you bought base game, championship edition and then go on to buy Season 5.
Thats still:
60 + 25 + 25.
Thats 110 dollars with a bunch of content and support over the course of 7 years?
5x season passes at $30 + main game $60 + arcade edition $30 + championship edition $30 = $270

Not $400, but is Street Fighter 6 really $270 worth if you want to be 1st mover?

Last edited:

Black_Stride

5x season passes at $30 + main game $60 + arcade edition $30 + championship edition $30 = $270

Not $400, but is Street Fighter V really $270 worth if you want to be 1st mover?
Arcade Edition was a free upgrade
Championship Edition includes the first 4 seasons
Season 5 is 25 dollars.

Please.

If you dont play Street Fighter just leave it be.
Cuz you are sounding really dumb right now.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Arcade Edition was a free upgrade
Championship Edition includes the first 4 seasons
Season 5 is 25 dollars.

Please.

If you dont play Street Fighter just leave it be.
Cuz you are sounding really dumb right now.
Okay, so $250 if you want to be 1st mover. Season 5 is $40 (starting price) for the premium pass.

Top Bottom