• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - SPY×FAMILY CODE: White Special Collaboration Anime

To celebrate the upcoming release of the movie SPY×FAMILY CODE: White, we are gearing up for a collaboration with Street Fighter 6!

A special showdown animation short depicting a fight scene between featuring Yor and Chun-Li was released today, prior to the in-game activities coming in the near future.

Look out for the collaboration in Street Fighter 6 coming soon!

SPYxFAMILY CODE: White official website (Japanese)

N30RYU

Code: white CUM
Shampoo Shredder GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

They (smartly) used the Spy X Family anime aesthetic instead of ugly caveman SF6 art.

Probably gonna try to whore out some 10 dollar costumes to go on top of their already ~$100 costumes they just dropped this week.

yurinka

Probably gonna try to whore out some 10 dollar costumes to go on top of their already ~$100 costumes they just dropped this week.
This week they dropped 18 costumes, the first one per launch main SF6 character, $5.45-$6 each.

I assume this collaboration will be like the previous TMNT one, where instead of costumes for the main SF6 characters they added mostly customization items for the character editor.

Last edited:

Pejo

This week they dropped 18 costumes, the first one per launch main SF6 character, $6 each.
It's over 100 dollars if you want the whole pack, since they don't offer a bundle or group discount. The costumes equal out to 300 SF bux each, but you can't buy that amount for the $6 they cost, so you have to buy the $10 pack to get even 1. Predatory stuff, and stuff like Cami they just threw a hoodie over top her outfit and said "gimme $6". I personally think it's a scam.
I assume this collaboration will be like the previous TMNT one, where instead of costumes for the main SF6 characters they added mostly customization items for the character editor.
Yea you're probably right, I forgot about that TMNT one.

yurinka

It's over 100 dollars if you want the whole pack, since they don't offer a bundle or group discount. The costumes equal out to 300 SF bux each, but you can't buy that amount for the $6 they cost, so you have to buy the $10 pack to get even 1. Predatory stuff, and stuff like Cami they just threw a hoodie over top her outfit and said "gimme $6". I personally think it's a scam.
Yes, this time they didn't release a specific costumes bundle pack. They may release it later, or include them in a bundle with other DLCs once they rerelease the game as Super SF6, SF6 Champion Edition etc. as they did in SFV. They use premium currency, meaning you can make your own "bundle" acquiring different things at the same time, which can be other things and not only costumes.

The price per costume in in-game currency is 300 fighter coins. If you don't have remaining in-game currency from when purchased the game, some other dlc item, unlocked in a fighter pass, etc you can buy them. Their price in real currency is:

250 fighter coins for 4.99€ (0.01996€/coin)
610 fighter coins for 11.99€ (0.019655737705918€/coin)
1250 fighter coins for 23.99€ (0.019192€/coin)
2750 fighter coins for 49.99€ (0.018178181818€/coin)

So as usual in GaaS, the more in-game currency you buy at the same time, the cheaper you get it. Meaning, the in-game items you'll buy with them will be more or less cheap depending on which in-game currency pack you bought.

Meaning, they are making the bundles but with the in-game currency, not the in-game items. If you buy costumes using packs of 250 fighter coins, its price per costume will be 5.99€. But if you buy them using packs of 2750 fighter coins, then the price per costume is 5.45€.

With these fighter coins in addition to costumes you can also buy the fighting pass, its premium and level upgrades, costume colors, characters, stickers for the chat, versus screens, gestures/clothes/etc for your customized avatar and more. All these things have diferent prices with no real currency value because it varies depending on the currency pack you bought. Depending on what you want to buy, you'll have remaining fighter coins that you can use in other stuff or leave them there for future content.

This way of making your own bundle is more user friendly than in the previous one, where they had predefined bundles of 5-6 costumes. Meaning, if let's say you wanted 5 costumes that were distributed in 3 different bundles you had to buy the 3 bundles. Here you can make your own bundle including the costumes you want, and maybe adding there some colors, or stickers or whatever else.

All this is just optional cosmetic stuff. Nobody forces you to buy all this cosmetics content and you don't need it for anything. They have a price and if you pay it they give you these items. It isn't a scam and isn't predatory stuff at all.

Bad show pairs up with a bad game.
Gaming media critics (92 MC) and the Steam user metrics disagree with you.

It has the biggest amount of active users any other fighting game in Steam history, around 25K daily active users. The second fighting game now is Tekken 7 with 5K daily active users. In addition to this, it has the top user retention of the genre, meaning that on average players keep playing it for a longer period of time than the other games of the genre. It also has a 88% positive user reviews in Steam, which is very good.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yes, this time they didn't release a specific costumes bundle pack. They may release it later, or include them in a bundle with other DLCs once they rerelease the game as Super SF6, SF6 Champion Edition etc. as they did in SFV. They use premium currency, meaning you can make your own "bundle" acquiring different things at the same time, which can be other things and not only costumes.

The price per costume in in-game currency is 300 fighter coins. If you don't have remaining in-game currency from when purchased the game, some other dlc item, unlocked in a fighter pass, etc you can buy them. Their price in real currency is:

250 fighter coins for 4.99€ (0.01996€/coin)
610 fighter coins for 11.99€ (0.019655737705918€/coin)
1250 fighter coins for 23.99€ (0.019192€/coin)
2750 fighter coins for 49.99€ (0.018178181818€/coin)

So as usual in GaaS, the more in-game currency you buy at the same time, the cheaper you get it. Meaning, the in-game items you'll buy with them will be more or less cheap depending on which in-game currency pack you bought.

Meaning, they are making the bundles but with the in-game currency, not the in-game items. If you buy costumes using packs of 250 fighter coins, its price per costume will be 5.99€. But if you buy them using packs of 2750 fighter coins, then the price per costume is 5.45€.

With these fighter coins in addition to costumes you can also buy the fighting pass, its premium and level upgrades, costume colors, characters, stickers for the chat, versus screens, gestures/clothes/etc for your customized avatar and more. All these things have diferent prices with no real currency value because it varies depending on the currency pack you bought. Depending on what you want to buy, you'll have remaining fighter coins that you can use in other stuff or leave them there for future content.

This way of making your own bundle is more user friendly than in the previous one, where they had predefined bundles of 5-6 costumes. Meaning, if let's say you wanted 5 costumes that were distributed in 3 different bundles you had to buy the 3 bundles. Here you can make your own bundle including the costumes you want, and maybe adding there some colors, or stickers or whatever else.

All this is just optional cosmetic stuff. Nobody forces you to buy all this cosmetics content and you don't need it for anything. They have a price and if you pay it they give you these items. It isn't a scam and isn't predatory stuff at all.
Damn you just hit like all of the "Publisher predatory monetization apologist" bingo points right in a row.

Let me just ask you, why do the skins need to cost suspiciously 50 fighter coins more than the smallest amount you can buy? Do you feel that the 54 cents savings is a good reason to buy the 50 dollar pack? Do you feel that it's good that everything that used to be unlockables are now being stripped out and monetized? Why are cosmetics not worth discussing in the same arena as gameplay? Are they not a highly desirable part of the whole package? If they're just cosmetics, why would anybody ever buy them, by your logic?

I don't want to get too antagonistic about this, but in my eyes, everything Capcom has done with SF6 outside of the gameplay has been predatory to its playerbase. Costume 3 pricing and distribution was a big middle finger in general, but so many publishers have done stuff like this, apparently everybody is just coping about it and have just decided to suck it up and play nice.

yurinka

Damn you just hit like all of the "Publisher predatory monetization apologist" bingo points right in a row.
No, I simply debunked your wrong statements/lies with facts.

Let me just ask you, why do the skins need to cost suspiciously 50 fighter coins more than the smallest amount you can buy?
I already explained it: because Fighter Coins is the premium currency used to buy a gazillion different things in the game, not only costumes. Having a premium currency allows you to make your own custom "bundles" mixing all these different items: to get a costume, some colors, a sticker etc. for a cheaper price than buying them separatedly one by one.

And also spending less money than as with the previous method of making predefined bundles of 4-6 costumes.

Do you feel that the 54 cents savings is a good reason to buy the 50 dollar pack?
It's .55 saving per costume, not for the 50 dollar pack. With the $49.99 pack you can get 9 costumes with a $4.95 discount + 50 extra fighter coins to spend elsewhere. I'd have personally applied a bigger discount, but it's in line with other recent popular GaaS.

I'd have also implemented an additional ways to unlock fighter coins, similarly to how in SFV you were able to unlock characters, but in this case applying it to everything that can be bought with this premium currency.

Do you feel that it's good that everything that used to be unlockables are now being stripped out and monetized?
I suggest you to play the game. You'll see that there are a ton of cosmetics unlockable for free. Like a costume for each character, tons of customization items, attacks, fighting styles, poses etc for your avatar, titles, stickers, and so on.

Why are cosmetics not worth discussing in the same arena as gameplay?
Because they are different things. Cosmetics are just visual things that don't affect the gameplay.

Are they not a highly desirable part of the whole package?
It depends on the player. Some don't care at all about the game. Some care about the game but don't care about the cosmetics, others care about getting a few specific ones, other want to get more and other ones would like to get all of them.

I also would like to have a Ferrari and a yatch. It doesn't mean they should sell them at a price I'd want/afford to pay for them. Or that they are scam because I don't want or can pay their price.

If they're just cosmetics, why would anybody ever buy them, by your logic?
Like any product, if the customer is interested on them enough, its price is ok for them and can afford it, they buy it. And if not, they don't.

I don't want to get too antagonistic about this, but in my eyes, everything Capcom has done with SF6 outside of the gameplay has been predatory to its playerbase. Costume 3 pricing and distribution was a big middle finger in general, but so many publishers have done stuff like this, apparently everybody is just coping about it and have just decided to suck it up and play nice.
It seems to me that you are just parroting what other people complained about it, without properly verifying it or thinking about it to see if they are right.

Similar to when people complained in SFV for having the option to unlock DLC characters by playing and the new game modes/features/mechanics/rebalances/ec for free, saying that it was better in the past, when you were charged in the past full price -and they were way more expensive applying inflation- for buying again the game to get all this but with less new characters.

The SFV system was clearly better and more consumer friendly -specially considering it kept all the users from all platforms and all versions in the same online- than previous iterations but dumb squareminded flat earthers kept complaining against it.

In SFV there were predefined bundles of costumes. If you were interested on a costume from bundle A, two costumes from bungle B and anoher one from bundle C you had to buy all 3 bundles "forcing" you to buy items you didn't want. Which was worse than the system of SF6, which is allowing you to make your own bundle with only items you want and having the remaining in premium currency you can spend in many things now or in the future. I think it's a better deal even if at the cost of getting less discount per "bundle".

Do you want to get everything and don't want to spend a lot of money? In that case it's better to be patient and wait, because pretty likely around a year or two after launch they'll relaunch the game adding previous content and may have an upgrade option to upgrade that bundles a lot of things.

Or who knows, maybe once they released all season 1 characters they may release costume bundle/s for the costumes of the season, or some day they may do -as did in SFV- discounts for their DLC stuff at some point.

Top Bottom