• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic Ryu, Chun-Li and Guile confirmed for Street Fighter 6

I prefer the racially ambiguous look..she looks tooo Chinese now.
3ad039f9eece51a4f3383f404d7c9e4a.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Okay, so $250 if you want to be 1st mover. Season 5 is $40 (starting price) for the premium pass.
How is 60 + 25 + 25 = 250?

Mate are you just bad at maths?

Why would you buy the premium pass instead of the season pass?
Thats like saying all the limited edition games that cost 100+ dollars for a statue of some shit are the base price, you get the edition that makes sense for you.
As a competitive fighting game getting new costumes is the least of your worries, its about getting the characters so you can be up to date on the meta.
But if you want some new Wallpapers more power to you I guess.

You clearly arent a Street Fighter player so why does the game getting DLC support over the course of 7 years irk you so much?

SkylineRKR

Waiting isn't a bad idea. I wish I never bought vanilla SFV. It soured me on the game big time. After a year or so the game was in a better place. I generally don't care about the meta (which changes anyway), I don't play online that often. I returned to Tekken 7 a few weeks ago, started fresh with Fakh and was in blue ranks within the hour.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
How is 60 + 25 + 25 = 250?

Mate are you just bad at maths?

Why would you buy the premium pass instead of the season pass?
Thats like saying all the limited edition games that cost 100+ dollars for a statue of some shit are the base price, you get the edition that makes sense for you.
As a competitive fighting game getting new costumes is the least of your worries, its about getting the characters so you can be up to date on the meta.
But if you want some new Wallpapers more power to you I guess.

You clearly arent a Street Fighter player so why does the game getting DLC support over the course of 7 years irk you so much?
Your calculation only adds up if you start playing from the championship edition comes out. You're stating the same I did in my initial post.

Black_Stride

Your calculation only adds up if you start playing from the championship edition comes out. You're stating the same I did in my initial post.
Ohh you mean someone buying the seasons one by one?
So lets say you bought all the seasons as they came out.

Base - 60
S1 - 10
S2 - 10
S3 - 10
S4 - 20
S5 - 25

60 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 20 + 25 = 135

Thats not even half of the 400 dollars you talking about....and is exactly half of the 270 you were again exaggerating about.
You wouldnt buy the championship edition if you already have all the seasons.
And thats over the course of 7 years.
If more games got this level of support, 10 bucks a season is a steal with "collected" editions every 2 years for people who are jumping in late to catch up.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Ohh you mean someone buying the seasons one by one?
So lets say you bought all the seasons as they came out.

Base - 60
S1 - 10
S2 - 10
S3 - 10
S4 - 20
S5 - 25

60 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 20 + 25 = 135

Thats not even half of the 400 dollars you talking about....and is exactly half of the 270 you were again exaggerating about.
You wouldnt buy the championship edition if you already have all the seasons.
And thats over the course of 7 years.
If more games got this level of support, 10 bucks a season is a steal with "collected" editions every 2 years for people who are jumping in late to catch up.
Every season was $30.

Black_Stride

Every season was $30.
Ohh shit you right.
Thats why the Arcade Update was so such a good deal.
Sorry I misremembered my timelines.
I only got SFV at Arcade Edition update, I never actually owned the base game at launch.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Ohh shit you right.
Thats why the Arcade Update was so such a good deal.
Sorry I misremembered my timelines.
I only got SFV at Arcade Edition update, I never actually owned the base game at launch.
I'm just saying going F2P and doing a $10 season pass every 3 months (where you have to play to obtain every skin, dance move, character entry, theme song etc. etc.) and release a new character + level every season for free, really makes sense for a game like SF. Capcom would make so much more money compared to what they're doing now, cause the player pool would explode and people would continue coming back to try new characters - and $10 bucks to get a shitload of content every 3 months is a very good deal. Even the players who's on low income or no income can play.

Guess we'll see how Multiversus have exploded in 6 months and how SF6 will be like any other entry in the series - niche.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Jesus.. I know fans of franchises want's to defend their games, but come on.

[/URL]
I'm not going to read your trash article since the point of the post was that you are adept at pulling bs out of your ass; the season passes plus the base game doesn't equal 270 period.

Buy to address your FM concerns, if you actually played sf5 at launch, you'd know it was fairly easy to get around 30k FM per character, without even touching hard or extreme survival; that totaled~500k for the base roster, which was enough for 5 of the 6 characters in season pass 1.
So you could then use 3 of them to gain enough FM for the 6th one, meaning you got to skip buying an entire season pass; this is an immutable fact, and posting trash polygon articles isn't gonna change that.

But sure, go buy the 400 or 270 or other bs number version of sf5 you've got existing only in your head.

You know your artstyle is garbage so you have to bring back classic costumes.

Nobody wanted or asked for Taliban Ryu.
Doesn't change the fact that every Street Fighter game before Street Fighter IV has a better art style.

F*** this trash.
WAMO68H.jpg

(Good artstyle before Trash Fighter IV)

Last edited:

Black_Stride

You know your artstyle is garbage so you have to bring Back classic costumes.

Doesn't change the fact that every Street Fighter game before Street Fighter IV has a better art style.
Fact?
How could you empirically prove that when Street Fighter 4 is a street fighter game.

nbkicker

Played every streetfighter game since the first in the arcade, and for me cant wait to get my hands on this game, hopefully developers arnt reading to much from the forums and carry on the way they been going, as to me this keeps looks better the more i see of it

killatopak

It's the artstyle. Very uncanny valley. I said this in the announcement thread.

It's RE engine so the characters are already predisposed to having realistic models but then the artstyle contorts their bodies to something close but not human which is weird when you have realistic graphics.

I do wonder how Abigail looks in SF6.

Kokoloko85

Well, after all the huge amount of costumes they added in SFV obviously they'll have many costumes in SF6 too, specially classic ones. I like these ones, particularly seeing Ryu getting the (Super) SFII haircut. I love Jamie's new streetwear costume, I prefer it over the normal one.

I think they should continue to be as they are.

These proportions are part of the Street Fighter art style and personality, and were designed in this way because help to identify better each body part of the arms or legs, making the silhouettes more readable helping to identify better each frame of each animation and react faster and better.
I think they are too bit now. Chris Redfield steroids style lol

Black_Stride

It's the artstyle. Very uncanny valley. I said this in the announcement thread.

It's RE engine so the characters are already predisposed to having realistic models but then the artstyle contorts their bodies to something close but not human which is weird when you have realistic graphics.

I do wonder how Abigail looks in SF6.
Engines dont dictate how models are gonna look:
This is also RE Engine
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ghostgoblinsresurrection_3331923b.jpg

yurinka

You know your artstyle is garbage so you have to bring back classic costumes.

F*** this trash.
WAMO68H.jpg

(Good artstyle before Trash Fighter IV)
This game, Street Fighter Alpha 3 also featured classic costume for Chun-Li. I also prefered their 2D art style but I think their 3D one isn't bad at all.

Fact?

How could you empirically prove that when Street Fighter 4 is a street fighter game.
It's obviously only an opinion, not a fact.

I think the main reason of SF Alpha, SFIII, crossover games tanking in sales and SFIV o SFV being more successful was because a big portion of the market (not me, I'll always prefer anime-ish good small resolution pixel art) after a certain point prefered 3D art style over 2D ones.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope they figure out how to do long hair look cool some day, ryu, chun and guile look fine but that dude with the ponytail thing, yikes.

kunonabi

Hope they figure out how to do long hair look cool some day, ryu, chun and guile look fine but that dude with the ponytail thing, yikes.
I've yet to be impressed by the RE engine in regards to hair. Of course, the long hair in SFV was embarrassing so they can't do much worse than that at least.

Top Bottom