• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk to undergo back surgery on Wednesday; UFC debut delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So how much money has Punk milked from UFC so far? I don't know how these contracts work.

Have the Phil Brooks shirts been good sellers? More hits on the website to read his extensive bio?

These guys are paid to fight. An injured fighter is costing Uncle Dana exactly zero dollars.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, he still gets that royalty from that UFC videogame. Right?

They don't get royalties from video games. Make no mistake, MMA fighters are the most screwed over professional athletes on the planet when it comes to money.

VoxPop

They don't get royalties from video games. Make no mistake, MMA fighters are the most screwed over professional athletes on the planet when it comes to money.

It would be hilarious if he sold his rights to the UFC like Jon Fitch only to never fight.

OldWetHypsilophodon.0.gif

wIubmSW.gif

61971975.jpg

CM Punk isn't an MMA fighter yet, you bet your ass he worked a deal for merch and video games after he sued for it last time. CM Punk probably making more money than half that locker room sitting on his couch.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Will he go under the knife without anesthesia?

CM Punk isn't an MMA fighter yet, you bet your ass he worked a deal for merch and video games after he sued for it last time. CM Punk probably making more money than half that locker room sitting on his couch.

If all he cared about was making money, he'd still be in the WWE as the second-highest paid guy in the company.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

yeshrug.png

None of us know Punk's contract or endorsement deals so it's just speculation. Generally speaking, MMA fighters don't get paid outside of fight night. Punk being out of action is hurting him more than the UFC.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Legit injury or stalling because he's that far from being ready?
Something like this makes me question the severity of his injury: https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/697468700824358912
"My back has always bugged me," Punk told MMAFighting.com. "Figured it was just wrestling sh*t. Turns out it was.

"It got bad enough to the point where I couldn't do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn't. I've been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy ... nothing worked."

Ithil

Do you want to maybe address my point rather than carrying on this passive aggressive personal attack, why are we mocking a man for taking care of his health rather than submitting to the savage demands of his "fans"?

It's kind of pointless to continue on when the person knows what you're doing.

DJChuy

Don't think Punk will ever fight at this rate. Besides, the hype and value is going downhill. He could try fighting at Bellator in a few years though. Shamrock is still fighting there.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
This is just sad. He is going to be destroyed for nothing. Everyone talking about games royalties needs to remember what happened to John Fitch.

This is just sad. He is going to be destroyed for nothing. Everyone talking about games royalties needs to remember what happened to John Fitch.

Jon Fitch was boring as fuck and not a draw. Punk will be a draw, at least for a fight or two, but from the sounds of it that's all he wants. He's 37 he's not trying to have a 10 year MMA career.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Jon Fitch was boring as fuck and not a draw. Punk will be a draw, at least for a fight or two, but from the sounds of it that's all he wants. He's 37 he's not trying to have a 10 year MMA career.

I'm referring to how Zuffa treated rights of fighter likenesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom