• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk on UFC debut: "It’s going to be this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.
More here.

TodaysKnockOut said:
CM Punk has started training – albeit training lightly – for his UFC debut for the first time since going under the knife to repair a herniated disc in his back.

The former WWE star says he’s six weeks out of surgery and has just started to box a couple of light rounds. Though he’s feeling good right now, he says he’s not yet received clearance from his doctor to begin sparring hard rounds or commit to any sort of grappling just yet.

“That’s like the big one, I’m not going to put myself in a position where somebody can fall on me or I can get taken down or thrown against a cage or anything like that,” CM Punk said on The MMA Hour Monday. “We did talk yesterday and [my doctor] does seem to think it’s probably OK if I start boxing. Not sparring, obviously. The other night I think I did a few rounds. I’m dipping my toe back in the pool. Normally I’d be pretty gung-ho about it."

cm-punk.gif

I believe it once I see him in the ring while I'm sitting at a Buffalo Wild Wings or something.

Wreav

Banned
I can't take him seriously knowing his name is Phil.

Sounds like the name of some pudgebucket valet.

Busty

Banned
"My UFC debut is definitely going to be one year. What year? I cannot say." Punk was
not
heard to comment.

Hopeford

Two weeks ago, I'd have laughed at this and been a huge cynic about it. Today, though? In a world where Zack Ryder gets a title match at wrestlemania? Well, now I can believe that CM Punk will fight and win his debut UFC match.

Is he getting monthly checks?
Did he work Dana, or is it all fight based? meaning he has to fight to see any $$? i know no one can work Dana, but I don't know how these deals work in UFC.

jmdajr

Is he getting monthly checks?
Did he work Dana, or is it all fight based? meaning he has to fight to see any $$? i know no one can work Dana, but I don't know how these deals work in UFC.

Beats me. I asked this before and supposedly he isn't getting paid until he fights.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this GIF used to shit on him? You can clearly see the top set of stairs is attached to the bottom set right at the back edge (closet to him). Like, thanks to physics, picking it up like that would just be impossible.

It gets people upset.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Win or lose, he's getting the marks to shell out their money to see him potentially get an asswhooping. Punk's already won where it counts.

Sephzilla

The amount of salt that will come out of WrassleGAF if Punk manages to win his first fight is going to be amazing.

He'll be back in WWE within 2 years

Fox318

G53uP7al.jpg

One is a pro athlete with years of striking, ground, and other athletic experience and the other is CM punk.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who? Like his fans? In that case it's understandable. (Not a wrestling/Punk fan at all, I just thought those people were idiots)

I'm a CM Punk fan, but let's face facts

He's fun to make fun of, and his UFC odyssey has been LOLworthy

iMax

Why is this GIF used to shit on him? You can clearly see the top set of stairs is attached to the bottom set right at the back edge (closet to him). Like, thanks to physics, picking it up like that would just be impossible.

Yeah, plus those stairs weigh hundreds of pounds maggle!

Aiii

So not worth it
We will see.

I want him to win only because all the butthurt MMA elitest will try and break the internet.

Beats me. I asked this before and supposedly he isn't getting paid until he fights.
I imagine he's at least getting paid royalties for the UFC game. Isn't he on the cover too? I remember him throwing a fit about a WWE game a year or two ago and almost delaying that because he was used in one of the modes.

Poor guy. That would be scary stepping back in the ring after back surgery. Something goes wrong and BAM, thats it. You're done for good.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Why is this GIF used to shit on him? You can clearly see the top set of stairs is attached to the bottom set right at the back edge (closest to him). Like, thanks to physics, picking it up like that would just be impossible.

You can practically see his back getting damaged.

God knows if I tried to pick something up which pulled back like that it wouldn't feel great. Plus he locks his knees, which again, isn't great for your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom