• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Modern Warfare 2022 Campaign Thread

Some levels that I found really boring/bad:
Fighting a tank on foot, jumping between trucks, creeping around with launch codes

Pretty fun shooting otherwise. Feels extremely scripted, pass point A then B happens, but that is the kind of game it is. Multiplayer is why I am here.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
82960517-204-B-488-C-AB96-C9972-EFCBBEC.jpg

If you're up for it go ahead :)

Alrighty. I’ll aim to have the main OT up tonight. Any title proposals? I like

|OT| Danger Closer

MiguelItUp

For a COD campaign, it means I haven't played and completed one in a LONG time. Especially since I always just think about multiplayer with COD. This one I played AND completed. I thought it was enjoyable, definitely one of the better ones. It wasn't perfect, had some things here and there. But I appreciated it trying to be different and mixing up a number of things. Fun campaign!

calistan

Finally got past the bit I was stuck on, but I'm still on the highway convoy level. I don't think anyone actually playtested this.

A truck carrying Price comes past. I jump in the back and he says "Good to see you Gaz. Take the grenade launcher."

There are a couple of rifles racked up on board, maybe one of those has a grenade launcher. I grab both of them.

"What are you waiting for. Grab the grenade launcher."

I repeatedly cycle through the weapons. None of them are grenade launchers. "Game Over. Laswell's attackers have escaped."

This happened three times, until I realised that the grenade launcher in question is actually camouflaged and being carried on Price's back. Welcome to AAA game design, 2022 edition.

Little Mac

Haven't played a CoD since probably the original modern warfare, but I'm interested in this. Does the campaign and potential co-op modes make this worth the purchase. I have no interest in the pvp stuff tbh. Should I just wait for it to drop on gamepass if the buyout happens? Thanks for any insight.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Haven't played a CoD since probably the original modern warfare, but I'm interested in this. Does the campaign and potential co-op modes make this worth the purchase. I have no interest in the pvp stuff tbh. Should I just wait for it to drop on gamepass if the buyout happens? Thanks for any insight.

The campaign is great but no its not worth buying just for that. The coop Spec Ops mode will likely be an afterthought just like MW 2019. If you have only played CoD4 you missed a bunch of great campaigns tho! Check out:

World At War
Black Ops
Black Ops 2
Infinite Warfare
Titanfall 2 (made by ex cod devs)

Should all be cheap and/or on Gamepass by now. CoD campaigns are always a treat.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Still have problems logging in. Tells me I need a Single Player DLC - but I have everything installed.

Re-installing....

Catphish

Played from about the half-way point to probably around 75%.

Holy cow there was some janky shit in there. The AI on the Soap sneak mission is fucking abysmal.

At this point, I'm just gonna power through it to get the unlocks. The shooty bits are fun, but the other stuff... man, not so much.

GenericUser

I'll throw in Modern Warfare 2 |OT| 2

edit: there is no preload or anything else humongous happening on my xbox, should I be concerned? Shit still says "campaign early access".

Last edited:

Droxcy

The story and gameplay were solid, I enjoyed every mission but that last one wow pretty rough at some parts. MP & DMZ/Spec Ops & MP should be just as fun.

Salz01

Thought the campaign is pretty good. Had fun with all the levels. But I feel like this is more Blackops, than Modern Warfare. Looking back at MW 1 ,2, 3. We had full on platoons engaging , and what seemed like actual war. A nuke went even off…. Black ops seems more strategic, tactical missions…. This campaign seems more like that, not full on warfare. But I still liked it.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Finally got past the bit I was stuck on, but I'm still on the highway convoy level. I don't think anyone actually playtested this.

A truck carrying Price comes past. I jump in the back and he says "Good to see you Gaz. Take the grenade launcher."

There are a couple of rifles racked up on board, maybe one of those has a grenade launcher. I grab both of them.

I repeatedly cycle through the weapons. None of them are grenade launchers. "Game Over. Laswell's attackers have escaped."

This happened three times, until I realised that the grenade launcher in question is actually camouflaged and being carried on Price's back. Welcome to AAA game design, 2022 edition.

I really like the campaign in general, but that level is among the worst I've played in any game in a long time. It's beyond awful.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Alright that after credits scene was fucking dope.

Give me a next gen only sequel to this that remasters that famous mission.

Random thoughts:

- Gunplay is amazing.
- Feel of guns is amazing.
- Could use a lot more gore. Its a war game. Rated M. And when I throw 5 frags into a room I dont see limbs anywhere. Gore is mandatory in a War game.
- Voice acting, on point.
- I enjoyed all the 141 squad, especially Alejahndro.
- Story was stupid fun but also nothing simultaneously
- Dark Waters was by far the best mission. Awesome.
- Game needed more actual set pieces. Let me hop on a turret in a helicopter and level a whole city.
- More devs should use CGI in their cutscenes tbh. Those CG scenes were all amazing.
- Audio design. Immaculate.
- Glitchy as fuck.

Neolombax

Just finished the campaign. I thought it was a good fun campaign. Enjoyed the MW2019 a bit more if I'm being honest. Did not like the last part of the campaign, it was tedious more than anything. But for the most part I thought the campaign was exciting and tried to change what is normally a COD campaign, and I think they did a good job of it.

Justin9mm

This is where you can tell script came before game design. Otherwise it would of been 'take or grab the grenade launcher off my back' or he could of actually handed it to you if they wanted to design it better.

Justin9mm

So can anyone tell me on PS5 what resolution the campaign plays at with 120hz enabled?

I'd rather play 4K@60hz if 120hz is going to drop the resolution down to like 1440p. Being just the campaign, I'd rather it look prettier at 60fps.

Why can't they give us selectable graphics options.

Last edited:

Jacir

So can anyone tell me on PS5 what resolution the campaign plays at with 120hz enabled?

I'd rather play 4K@60hz if 120hz is going to drop the resolution down to like 1440p. Being just the campaign, I'd rather it look prettier at 60fps.

Why can't they give us selectable graphics options.
Same. They only give us the 120hz toggle but no one has judged what resolution it drops too. I'll stick to 120 for MP.

Justin9mm

Same. They only give us the 120hz toggle but no one has judged what resolution it drops too. I'll stick to 120 for MP.
Yeah for MP it's fine but the campaign is a AAA cinematic story after all. It's not worth the resolution drop if I'm still getting at least 60fps regardless.

ASJw54T.jpg

If you are on Xbox you can do the New Zealand trick and play in 11 hours of this post
Infinity Ward put out a tweet saying that changing region will cause connection issues and could result in the user being locked out until the official launch time in their region.

Not sure how that will work but worth noting.

I have the campaign installed but finished it. Is it possible to delete that and only install the MP? Black ops had that option if I remember.

I think you can. There are various packs listed, in the installs list (game list) like before

They mostly seem really small in size, compared to ‘the language pack’ 😬

Almost to make it not worth removing 🙈

Top Bottom