• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

CHxEaTS.png

xnN8AZe.gif

I think I forgot to pick a Natty game winner as well but since Id have gone Bama I cant claim points there.

Odd twitter post about different players at different time periods...

Doesn't make much sense.

Congrats and all but most of those past championship teams they played don't even have most of those players left on the roster.

Its relevant in the sense those are 4 powerhouse programs and people still don't tend to give Clemson credit as a championship program on a level with them. It's a good point to make.

Auburn is a powerhouse program?

They won a title 6 years ago. They made another title game 3 years ago. I know they've been floating between horrid and mediocre recently, but, they also don't have a term like "Clemsoning" hanging over their heads. They're generally pretty damn respected, even aside from the usual "SEC" pandering.

So far we have not had a repeat champion since the implementation of the playoff. Assuming that continues, who wins it all next year? ( can't be tOSU, Alabama, or Clemson). I'm leaning towards USC or FSU. Michigan isn't quite there yet

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I guess I'll say USC?

Though if I had to actually pick it would probably be Bama again.

Wild card team could be UGA. They constantly underachieve and can't seem to beat Bama to win the SEC though. Eason is arguably a better QB than anyone else has currently though of the top schools in the hunt especially now that Watson is gone.

On a side note I think Francois is garbage tier and gonna hold FSU back from greatness.

Francois is great but I don't see their offensive line improving from dumpster tier over the offseason, so they're going to have issues with strong defensive fronts.

shandy706

Oh...one other thing I loved late last night.

That onside kick to seal the game. Dabo was handing Saban his own medicine over and over in those closing minutes.

X-D

So far we have not had a repeat champion since the implementation of the playoff. Assuming that continues, who wins it all next year? ( can't be tOSU, Alabama, or Clemson). I'm leaning towards USC or FSU. Michigan isn't quite there yet

Hrmmm I would probably agree with USC as well. FSU I think will win the ACC but as someone else mentioned that Oline has some trouble with strong defensive fronts. That can be fixed however so those would be my two choices with USC ahead. I might throw Oklahoma in there as well since Mayfield is coming back. Did everyone else leave though?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Francois is certainly not garbage tier.

He might be closer to ponder than Jameis but still, come on. He isn't Applebees.

andycapps

Francois is pretty good but you should just exchange that o-line for some actual turnstiles. Nobody would notice.

Coukd put that recruiting effort into other positions.

Francois is certainly not garbage tier.

He might be closer to ponder than Jameis but still, come on. He isn't Applebees.

That kid probably took the most direct hits out of any QB this year.

There were more than a few times when he went down that I thought he would stay down. But that kiss tattoo on his neck holds some mystic power.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Look the Oline didn't do him any favors, but I don't think he's that good. Tends to hold onto the ball to long, and he has some accuracy issues.

Pretty awesome bowl season as far as I'm concerned. Bama loses, USC wins one of the greatest bowl games ever, and ends up ranked #3.

#3 after how this season began is a damn miracle.

Yeah, I think we somehow get one of them. Seems like at least from Wilson's comments from All American Game that OSU recruits are swarming him lol.
If we could have Wilson.. combined with Taron Vincent in next year's class (we are the clear front runner for him) for next year with Bosa and Chase Young on the ends

That front 4 will be nasty in two years and so much fun to watch.

Why? It's irrelevant. Besides that game in September was eons ago.

As it stands, games in September matter almost as much as they do in November. (If they didn't, then Penn State would have made the playoffs). tOSU and OU finished with identical records, and tOSU stomped OU on Oklahoma's turf. tOSU should be ranked above OU

squicken

As it stands, games in September matter almost as much as they do in November. (If they didn't, then Penn State would have made the playoffs). tOSU and OU finished with identical records, and tOSU stomped OU on Oklahoma's turf. tOSU should be ranked above OU

I agree that OSU is a better team than Oklahoma, but that isn't based on H2H. It's more about OSU having a road win against a top 5 team and OU having a loss

El_Chino

Damn these Florida Michigan tickets are expensive. 100-200-300. Still going.
I'm not even going to bother to be honest. I wanted to go but the game isn't going to be that exciting in my eyes.

Michigan lost its entire defense and Florida lost most of it.

andycapps

Look the Oline didn't do him any favors, but I don't think he's that good. Tends to hold onto the ball to long, and he has some accuracy issues.

Well when you're getting slaughtered every play because your OL can't stop a nosebleed, you're going to have some fundamental issues in your play. Honestly, I'm surprised he was still standing at the end of the year. I only watched 2-3 FSU games and each time he got rocked, many times.

watdaeff4

The voters polls are not the same as the committee who chose tOSU over Penn State.

And not to drudge up an old argument but if tOSU can get into the playoffs over Penn State then why can't OU be ranked above tOSU?

And You said almost as much as November. We are seeing a poll reflecting games from within the last two weeks. So if November games outweigh Sept. games then Dec/Jan games surely do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom