• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archer & Armstrong (it's the second coming of Incredible Hercules) and Quantum & Woody are my favourites. I've liked pretty much everything since the relaunch except for Shadowman, was just a bit boring. Everything else ranges from good to great.

Yeah this is good advice. Don't sleep on Harbinger and bloodshot though. Their first two years of stories come together brilliantly.

In other news, SHIELD was absolutely delightful.

Afrodium

Banned
Over the past few days, I received a tablet and a Marvel Unlimited subscription. Other than random offshoot TPBs, this is my first time ever having access to a large number of comics and it's awesome.

I'm very interested in reading the Cosmic Marvel stories...

... but the Marvel website is incredibly slow when it comes to searches, and manually scouting out each issue would take forever. Does anyone just happen to know if all of these are included? I don't want to start the task of reading all of this only to later find out that some are missing.

It's also a shame Punisher Max isn't on MU, but there's still more than enough good stuff to keep me busy until I die (now alone)!

Yeah, they're all there. Are you using the Marvel Unlimited app? It should be much more user friendly for finding comics than the website. It really doesn't take long to find the comics manually. Just go to browse and scroll to where it would be alphabetically. They're all listed the same as in that image.

Archer & Armstrong (it's the second coming of Incredible Hercules) and Quantum & Woody are my favourites. I've liked pretty much everything since the relaunch except for Shadowman, was just a bit boring. Everything else ranges from good to great.

Yeah this is good advice. Don't sleep on Harbinger and bloodshot though. Their first two years of stories come together brilliantly.

In other news, SHIELD was absolutely delightful.
Thanks guys, I'll definitely check out Quantum and Woody and I suppose I'll try out a few other series. Dunno when I'll get around to it, but it's good to know that most of their books are good!
Doom Patrol omni or Animal Man or other suggestions?
Doom Patrol brah

I've been leaning more to Animal Man. Morrison has been a bit of a misfire with me. The Invisibles volume one is holding up my previous order. Open to ideas though. I have so many floppies that fully rest hardcovers just hit the spot for me now.

AXIS spoilers:

Marvel's not really going to try and
reform Sabretooth now, are they? Don't they remember Juggernaut's face-turn and how awful that was? And this guy is like ten times worse than Marko ever was.

AXIS spoilers:

Marvel's not really going to try and
reform Sabretooth now, are they? Don't they remember Juggernaut's face-turn and how awful that was? And this guy is like ten times worse than Marko ever was.

Don't YOU remember how incredible Parker's Thunderbolts was? Gotta disagree with your hypothesis here.

So I finished watching Legend of Korra. Didn't enjoy it as much as avatar, but it was decent.

The mistake though, was going into the Korra OT...

So I will just put my comment as an off topic post here.

We're kinda saying the same thing here though. Nobody involved in Thunderbolts or what's going to happen to [CLEARS THROAT] is Chuck Austen level. Never lose faith in an idea just because a bad writer once botched it.
Rick Remender certainly has his work cut out for him then. Because I'm afraid I won't be able to stop myself from mentally screaming at the page
"YOU ARE A MURDERING, CANNIBAL, RAPIST SOCIOPATH SCUMBAG. WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM FIGHT BESIDE YOU, HEROES??? WHY AREN'T THE OTHERS ARRESTING HIM?!?" every time I'm supposed to sympathize with the "new" Victor Creed. Ghost Logan's probably like "oh, you wanna do right by me now, bub? start by letting someone strap you to a chair and stick a needle in your arm; then, we'll talk."

He is Marvel's Joker.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been reading 2012 Captain Marvel, it's. ..OK. I'm biased because I like the character but the series so far 8 issues in doesn't have much going for it, except the art on the first couple of issues and even that quickly changed. The 4 I read of the new one are much better, putting Carol in space was the best thing they could have done

This MU sub tho, holy shit at the value

Edit: also Spider Woman shows up in a lit of stuff, first Hawkeye now Captain Marvel

ReAxion

Wicked Intervention: The Wicked + The Divine #6

g69Hmgz.jpg

http://multiversitycomics.com/annotations/wicked-intervention-the-wicked-the-divine-6/

I read some time ago that the plan is for Sabretooth to be the new Wolverine for like, six months or something. Then X-23 is getting the job.

Jeez. I was just making a dumb cynical joke. They should just move straight to X-23 if that's really gonna be the case.

Dalek

SHIELD #1 was great-especially the introduction with Coulson's origin. Also a very cool wink to the fan theories that he was going to be
VISION.

So I finished watching Legend of Korra. Didn't enjoy it as much as avatar, but it was decent.

The mistake though, was going into the Korra OT...

So I will just put my comment as an off topic post here.
I've watched just the first season but I love the korra series. It's not as good as Angs was but I think it's very good. Plus dark skinned female protagonists are hard to come by in any medium

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jess is Carol's loser friend, that's why she appears.

Harsh :(

Just remembered there's also a new (and completely different) Ms.Marvel series, 4 issues up on MU, going to check it out, I remember hearing good stuff when it started

On a bummer note, Mutant X isn't on MU, was hoping to re-read it and finish it (wwhich I didn't at the time), I remember really liking it as far as alternate universes go

fauxtrot

Banned
Gonna buy me some Walking Dead Pages when I get my tax return. Didn't know Charlie put them up for sale.

Also, the price of Walking Dead #1 plummeted. Gonna get a high grade copy of that as well.

My buddy that owns my LCS has been reading TWD since the 2nd arc and had the foresight to buy some choice pages from the early issues, notably the death of
Tyreese
(Prison arc spoilers!).

Dude also has an original R. Crumb, though, so his TWD pages seem pretty insignificant by comparison.

It's not that big of a deal. (The possible Thor spoilers in S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Were you seriously considering a character that hasn't even been mentioned in the series so far? I trust Aaron has been hiding hints here and there about the identity of the new Thor.

Rhaknar

Just read Ms.Marvel #1, holy shit o_O

Edit: read 2-4 now too, fucking loved it. Great writing, gorgeous art, awesome character. Is the series doing well sales wise?

PsychBat!

Banned
So I finished reading SHIELD. Then I reread again and again. And I'm confused.
For a second there, I thought the blonde was Thor but it turned out to be Valkyrie and then a redhead spoke in a font all asgardians talk in. Then I realized that maybe there was no spoiler.

SHIELD
I'm pretty sure Valkyrie and Simmons' hairs were miscolored at least in one of the pages. Why else would Valkyrie not know about the Bifrost or Simmons be carrying the sword.

CBTech

Why does it seem that an artist can either have good art or good/interesting paneling but not both? I just read issue 18 of Uncanny Xmen and I love the Marco Rudy's panels though he over uses the X thing but the characters look ugly as hell.

Peru

Been reading 2012 Captain Marvel, it's. ..OK. I'm biased because I like the character but the series so far 8 issues in doesn't have much going for it, except the art on the first couple of issues and even that quickly changed. The 4 I read of the new one are much better, putting Carol in space was the best thing they could have done

This MU sub tho, holy shit at the value

Edit: also Spider Woman shows up in a lit of stuff, first Hawkeye now Captain Marvel

Space cap is fun, but I think the 2012 run is great. It's all about exploring the character, not so much the places she goes to and scale of her adventures. The 'day in the life' story was a lot of fun, too. The friends surrounding her on earth really flesh out our understanding of her life.

Just read Ms.Marvel #1, holy shit o_O

Edit: read 2-4 now too, fucking loved it. Great writing, gorgeous art, awesome character. Is the series doing well sales wise?

The series has been great. #5 is now up on MU too.

You should also try Dan Slott's Silver Surfer. These are the two I look forward to every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom