• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All-New Ghost Rider #1.

Looks like total crap, but I went to the same high school as Felipe Smith in Argentina and want to help the guy out. Decisions, decisions.

frye

I wonder if they've actually done some kind of market research or if their trade release schedule is just pulled out of some executive's butt... cause they just seem so much slower than other publishers.

It has to do with some retailers wanting to sell through their stock before the collections come in. Backissues aren't what they used to be.

tim1138

I'm totally gonna try All-New Ghost Rider. Tradd Moore art and hot rods, what can go wrong?

Everything. Everything can and will go wrong

I'm doing it for you Rafa!

I'm totally gonna try All-New Ghost Rider. Tradd Moore art and hot rods, what can go wrong?

Everything. Everything can and will go wrong

I'm doing it for you Rafa!
Why you do it for me brah, I'm not Felipe Smith? This Tradd's time to stake his claim as the most talented of the Moore brothers. I desperately want Tony back on the indies....

tim1138

Why you do it for me brah, I'm not Felipe Smith? This Tradd's time to stake his claim as the most talented of the Moore brothers. I desperately want Tony back on the indies....

Weren't you the one predicting it was gonna be cancelled quicker than Morbius? Or were you saying it was going to be worse than Morbius?

tim1138

The solicits remind me of Morbius. Like Nam flashbacks.

Ah, I gotcha.
I have zero vested interest in the old Ghost Rider, I think the concept for this is cool and obviously the art looks amazing. Hell, if the story sucks I'll skip it and just look at the art.

Cheska

So that's why harley didn't chart. Obviously.

I'm sorry Messi! I failed you :(

pVP0r2v.gif

On the agenda for today. Picked these up recently and haven't read this particular version of the Legion, yet. Sounds like a pretty fun elseworlds' premise. Basically, Kal El's pod never landed on Earth and he remained in stasis for a 1000 years.

Damnit, my schedule changed for this week and I forgot about February's last day being yesterday. I forgot to place my vote ;_;

I forgot as well. My top three would probably have been the same as GAF's though, maybe with Uncanny Avengers instead of Ms. Marvel.

I really liked both, but Uncanny's crazyness wins me over every month.

Speaking of Ghost Rider...where's a good place to start? Besides his cameo in the horrific Shadowland stuff, I'm not familiar with him. Any highlights I should check out?

Kinyou

Might take a look at the new Ghost Rider. Loved Tradd Moore's drawing style in the Luther Strode series.

Glad to see some of y'all reading and enjoying 2013's best mini series, Six Gun Gorilla. Sale is on Comixology all weekend, kids. $6 for six issues. I myself am looking forward to buying the trade this summer.

Alas, I could not vote in good conscience last month. I have been out of town for two weeks so my books are sitting at the LCS. Cannot wait to read Rat Queens #5, though. I've heard such good things. Looking forward to Comic-GAF chart topper, Deadly Class, as well.

So my Hush Batman and Catwoman statue which is paid for was due to come out Feb 26th. In all of DC's promos, it says Feb 2014. Now PreviewsWorld has it listed at the end of June, Midtown has it listed for 3/12, shopDC has it for 3/31. I want to know when I'm getting my damn statue!

tim1138

I read Six Gun Gorilla last night, it was pretty enjoyable. The overall plot was fairly predictable, but it was well executed within the context of the world. The art had a great style and was consistently jaw dropping throughout. Overall it was well worth the $6 investment and I'm sure I'll read it again.

So my Hush Batman and Catwoman statue which is paid for was due to come out Feb 26th. In all of DC's promos, it says Feb 2014. Now PreviewsWorld has it listed at the end of June, Midtown has it listed for 3/12, shopDC has it for 3/31. I want to know when I'm getting my damn statue!
I want my half of the CSA that was supposed to come out last week.

FourMyle

Avengers undercover looks and sounds interesting! Maybe I should check out Avengers Arena.

What's the word on Arena? Is it any good?

I read Six Gun Gorilla last night, it was pretty enjoyable. The overall plot was fairly predictable, but it was well executed within the context of the world. The art had a great style and was consistently jaw dropping throughout. Overall it was well worth the $6 investment and I'm sure I'll read it again.

Damn,, I don't really do digital so much, I'm all about the floppies.. but I wanna read this,, guess I grab in on my iPad. Thanks for the heads up y'all

Tizoc

Speaking of Ghost Rider...where's a good place to start? Besides his cameo in the horrific Shadowland stuff, I'm not familiar with him. Any highlights I should check out?

Jason Aaron's run was good. Garth Ennis also wrote some GR minis.

Hit (by Boom!) is really good,, yous guys & gals should check that out!! Cool old school crime/detective story, very nice art, good plot twist to it, ,. Check it out dammit $4 for 4 issues....

(like I said I don't really do digital, wasn't paying attention about the Boom! sale)

It holds up really well to a second reading.

The story choice to have the
military plans buried beneath Blue's painful memories was one of my favorite aspects of the book. As well as the way Blue's love of storytelling positions him to be the hero of this world and his superpower being his imagination,
oh my! It just makes my heart swell to think of this book.

Vyer

Also picked up Fraction's Mighty Thor and Ages of Thunder. Might fill in some Justice League issues I don't have DD. Some nice sales this week.

I have no idea what Moon Knight is, but I love Ellis and might have to start picking this up. I don't read much Marvel (though that might be changing), how fast do they get their trades out?

All this speculation on Ghost Driver is bumming me out.

But again, holy crap at the new Marvel releases this month. In Spike's OT alone I'm giving five of those six comics a try out.

Hey guys I'm a little confused about the next issues of Hawkeye

Is the next issue the
Chris Eliopoulos issue about the cartoon? Then another issue of LA Woman? and then another Aja issue?

I'm really liking the crossover between Superman/Batman and World's Finest. World's Finest hasn't been the strongest book in the past, but I love the concept.

Superboy's Legion was a fun read as a Legion Fan. It's essentially an extremely compressed origin story for a slightly different (but still familiar) Legion. I liked some of the changes to the characters; Particularly making Brainiac 5 a Coluan created clone-brother to Invisible Kid, combining Snake Sensor with Projectra (she used an illusion to appear human), and Lois Olsen the news reporter (cute). The action was great, the art was enjoyable, it was just a delight.

My guess:
It's Paraiah

That's a good guess. I just hope its not
Lex Luthor/Alex Luthor
because that would be really boring and predictable unless somehow
it's the same alex luthor from the old continuity who remembers what the DCU was like before Flashpoint and starts shit up

Messi

With vol 3 of the original harley solo series coming out this week I wonder when we will get the final 4th volume of 11 issues.

44956007.jpg

Wait, Someone explain what going on here. Preludes and knock knock jokes plus Night and Day cover issues 8-20 but welcome to metropolis is 14-25. What happened to the first 8 issues and is the new book reprinting old issues from knock knock jokes?

Won't suprise me in the slightest if dc have fucked this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom