• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Wonder Woman is coming around, maybe I will finally watch BvS Ultimate Cut. If it least refines the first two acts for the most part, then that would be nice.

Unless I can't rent it, which then forget it.XD

That's like getting a second root canal just to see if these other painkillers work any better.

VanWinkle

It's been too long since I've read JSA Omnibus Vol. 1, and I want to read Vol. 2 soon, so I decided to re-read Vol. 1. Already loving it, and my knowledge gained of the DC universe since last reading this is making it even more meaningful/impactful.

Wanderer5

Will check out the first volume of Rucka's run least. Also, is Wonder Woman Vol. 1: Gods and Mortals and Wonder Woman By George Perez Vol. 1 the same but with the latter having twice as many issues???

Guys, the WW film might be good!

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.'"

Guys, the WW film might be good!

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.'"

It's actually worth a watch... maybe about Ant-Man level. If you are looking for something more, skip it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OxnMLNm.jpg

MG310

I managed to extract myself from Overwatch between comp seasons and finally put in Mafia 3. That was a damn good first couple of hours.

I should try actually reading some of these comic book things that are piling up too More keep showing up every 2 weeks to add to the pile.

Owzers

I don't know what that is but I could read comic books easily without ever worrying about smudges with my darn human hands.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got some stuff from the B&N deal.
ScR7MRv.png

It ended up only being 6 dollars cheaper than on IST for the same books, though.

Yeah, never saw so many people happy that the movie turned out all right since TFA.

I am really sad that I have to wait two weeks :(
Aww, it opens on Friday here but I'm working so I won't be able to see it until next week.

The LEGO set is apparently one of the best ones this decade.

Edit: Oh man, the WW CMX sale is just Part 1 so we're getting more deals later.

caliph95

Might as well finish Peter Milligan X-Statix/X-force
Might as well reread it from the beginning better that his recent stuff besides Britannia (Thank you valiant)

Mark Waid- The Flash Book 1

So I wanted to read some old and Waid's run caught my interest as it was his first run as a writer and it was Wally West which I haven't really read much of outside of Rebirth. So I started this up last night and I really liked the idea wrapping the 50th anniversary special together, but I'm kind of confused. Waid didn't write this, but he seems to say in the into that it was his idea? So I take it he and the editor worked together to put this story together to lead into his run?

This is all I've read so far, but seeing no part was written by Waid, but included in the volume kind of confused me.

skybald

ScR7MRv.png

It ended up only being 6 dollars cheaper than on IST for the same books, though.

The only pluses for B&N are free shipping at $25 and coupons will stack with the promotions. I would be surprised if at least half your books don't come damaged though. Hopefully you have a store close by.

tim1138

ScR7MRv.png

Oh bummer in ordering Elegy. All of Rucka's Batwoman run is being released in one trade in a few weeks, it's Elegy and then a never collected before story with Jock on art.

Oh bummer in ordering Elegy. All of Rucka's Batwoman run is being released in one trade in a few weeks, it's Elegy and then a never collected before story with Jock on art.

It always bugged me that three issue gap wasn't collected lol. Elegy is a really nice collection though, I really liked the trade dress style they were pursuing for the bat books back around then, both Elegy and The Black Mirror were really nice book to hold and look at.

Aizo

Banned
Warning about buying Rebirth Wonder Woman on sale.
Because of how the trades collect issues out of sequential order, collecting issues 1-14 with the sale price is actually more expensive than buying the two trades and the single issue missing from the trades to collect 1-14 without sale prices. Bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom