• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Game Pass: Cities: Skylines II, Dead Space Remake, Jusant, Mineko’s Night Market, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_ComingSoon_10.17.2023-be72795d9a4efee97436-1024x576.jpg

If you’re looking to build a city, build a team, or build a to-play-next list of games, we have updates for you. Some games you’ll remember from seeing at gamescom or at our Xbox Games Showcase, and we have a few new announcements – excited to get to the game play!

Available Today

Like A Dragon: Ishin! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Take up the sword as Sakamoto Ryoma and venture to Kyoto to find your father’s killer, clear yourself of a framed murder, and restore your honor. In doing so, you will bring an end to the samurai era and forever change the future of Japan. Draw your blade and join the revolution in this heated historical adventure.

Coming Soon

F1 Manager 2023 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 19
Drive every decision in F1 Manager 2023. Manage every aspect of your chosen F1 team from your HQ to the garage and from the pitlane to the podium. Challenge for motorsport’s highest accolade, making the split-second decisions that can mean the difference between victory and defeat. Your legacy begins here.

Cities: Skylines II (PC) – October 24
Available on day one with PC Game Pass:
Raise a city from the ground up and transform it into a thriving metropolis in the long-awaited sequel to the smash-hit city-building game. With deep simulation, a living economy, and more realistic features than ever before, Cities: Skylines II offers world-building without limits.

Cities: Skylines II

Dead Space (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) EA Play – October 26
Just in time for Halloween: Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play members can confront the nightmare onboard the USG Ishimura and unravel its dark secrets in the sci-fi survival horror classic Dead Space.

Dead Space

Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery (Cloud and Console) – October 26
Available now on PC and coming to Game Pass on Xbox consoles! Play as The Detective in three silly mysteries! Finding clues and questioning suspects is just part of the job for such an experienced frog. Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery is a collection of all three Frog Detective cases.

Mineko’s Night Market (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 26
Welcome to Mount Fugu, a cozy Japanese inspired village with a great mystery to unfold. Join Mineko in her new hometown, where she’ll make new friends, collect and craft whimsical items, revitalize the once thriving Night Market, and uncover the truth of the great sun cat, Nikko.

Mineko’s Night Market

Headbangers: Rhythm Royale (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 31
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Have you ever looked at a Pigeon and thought, “what is going on in your head?” Well, think no more! Headbangers puts you and 29 others into the eye of the Pigeon while you battle it out in rhythmic challenges to find out who is the ultimate Master Headbanger. Compete against each other in mind-bending musical minigames, screw over your competitors with powerups, and collect Crumbs to customize your very own Pigeon!

Jusant (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 31
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Embark on a climbing adventure in Jusant! Master your climbing tools as you ascend a mysterious, ever-changing tower. Enjoy an atmospheric soundtrack and breathtaking biomes, accompanied by the enigmatic Ballast. Your watery companion will guide you while awakening nature along your path to reveal the tower’s mysteries and reach the top.

Jusant

DLC / Game Updates

EA Sports UFC 5: EA Play Early Access Trial – October 24
EA Sports UFC 5 is as real as it gets – and you can experience the next evolution of the fight game starting October 24 with the EA Play early access trial. With EA Play, you can save 10% on the full game with your member discount if you decide to buy.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

75-days of Crunchyroll Mega Fan – Available until October 20
Grab 75-days free of Crunchyroll Mega Fan! Crunchyroll Mega Fan grants members access to stream the world’s largest anime library (with over 1,300 titles) ad-free, anywhere you want, with access to new episodes simulcast the same day following premiere in Japan.

Smite – Season of Celebration Pack – Available now
Jump in today to check out the New Map, Odyssey: Immortal Revelry, Tier 5 Medusa, Celestial Syndicate Battle Pass, and more.

Leaving October 31

The following games are leaving soon, but there’s still time for a proper farewell. Remember to use your membership discount to save 20% off your purchase before they go to keep them in your library!

• Gunfire Reborn (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Kill It With Fire (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Persona 5 Royal (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Signalis (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Solasta Crown of the Magister (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

Certinty

I'll give the Dead Space Remake a go. Enjoyed the original game God knows how long ago although I got half way through The Callisto Protocol before getting bored so I hope it's better than that.

SomeGit

Damn F1 manager bought that on launch but it was really broken. A lot of patches have rolled out so maybe it’s in a better state.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Shame cities skylines II console version got delayed, but I guess it'd be a bigger shame if it came out and ran like crap.
The PC version sounds like its coming in hot as well

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-performance-for-cities-skylines-ii.1601865/

MORE MODS FOR EVERYONE

We know you have been waiting, and now it's time to share the latest developments regarding modding in Cities: Skylines II.

First and foremost, our in-game editor is currently in its beta phase and will launch shortly after release. While we look forward to unleashing the power of creative modification to all of you, in preparation, we are collaborating with a talented group of creators working behind the scenes - ensuring you'll have amazing mods to dive into on the launch of the mods platform.

While the modding tool will have a basic framework at its inception, we are dedicated to its continuous expansion and enhancement, making it a central focus of our development efforts moving forward. More in-depth details about the editor and its roadmap ahead will be shared shortly - keep an eye out for our dev diaries.

Secondly, we're introducing Paradox Mods as the new mods platform for Cities: Skylines II. One of the core reasons for this is its inclusivity; modding capabilities will be extended to players across platforms - both PC and console - aligning with our commitment to provide as many as possible with the opportunity to modify and enjoy the game.

For console users, this means you will be able to access Asset Mods in the library. Yes, you read that right! We know it is a huge part of the Cities: Skylines experience and we're beyond excited to introduce a solution that makes mods available to everyone. As with all major updates, we are fully aware of the learning curve it might present, but we're committed to providing resources to ensure a smooth transition to Paradox Mods.

A NOTE ON PERFORMANCE AND OUR COMMITMENT TO PLAYERS

On another note, we've noticed the concerns raised about Cities: Skylines II performance, especially after our previous statement with raised minimum and recommended specs. As we've always believed in transparency, we'd like to further shed some light on the current state of the build.

Cities: Skylines II is a next-gen title, and naturally, it demands certain hardware requirements. With that said, while our team has worked tirelessly to deliver the best experience possible, we have not achieved the benchmark we targeted.

In light of this, we still think for the long-term of the project, releasing now is the best way forward. We are proud of the unique gameplay and features in Cities: Skylines II, and we genuinely believe that it offers a great experience that you will enjoy.

We will continually improve the game over the coming months, but we also want to manage expectations on performance for the coming release. Our ambition is for Cities: Skylines II to be enjoyed by as many players as possible, and we're committed to ensuring it reaches its full potential.

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support. We're lucky to have a community as passionate and dedicated as you.

Mowcno

I decided to wait for 3 Reload before finally plunging into the series, I should've known they'd probably all get pulled by then
Yeah I had played Persona 4/5 (not P5R) before they came to gamepass but had never played 3. So wanted to play that before I did a playthrough of Royal. Finished P3P on gamepass a couple of months ago (just before the remake was officially announced lol) but guess the P5R playthrough is off the table for now. At my speed it'd take me at least a month to finish it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I decided to wait for 3 Reload before finally plunging into the series, I should've known they'd probably all get pulled by then

Give it a few weeks, the Persona games have gone on sale pretty frequently. It will definitely be on a sale or two before P3 Reloaded comes out.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Dead Space, nice!

Should be finished with Starfield soon (awaiting expansion) and will have time to get to some of these recent editions.

Mowcno

Wtf. Until when?
"Mayors! We’re hard at work getting the game ready for release. We've come to realize that we need more time to reach the quality targets we've set for Console. We want to provide the best experience for our players, we’re updating the release window for Xbox & PS5 to Spring 2024."

I'll give the Dead Space Remake a go. Enjoyed the original game God knows how long ago although I got half way through The Callisto Protocol before getting bored so I hope it's better than that.
I was skeptical but man, the game fires on all cylinders. I ended up playing the original after again and it subtly tweaks and improves so much small stuff you'll swear the original had...but didn't. It's a testament to how well they understood that game.

It plays like butter and the much-improved world structure majorly improves on the original alone I think. You can now travel freely to areas of the Ishimura with some rather cool side missions added that expand on the lore and actually give meaningful rewards. Ironically I think the game passed some by exactly because they did such a damn good but subtle job on this. The combat has also been drasticalky improved by them tweaking secondary fire types, adding a whole layer/flesh system and so on. All stuff that feels like "maybe it was already in the original?".

Mind you, I really liked the original but I was of the opinion a remake was silly and a cash grab. Did a 180 and it's a great fucking game imo.

PS: I also bought Callisto Day 1 and thought it was terrible.

Last edited:
Dead Space and Ishin are great gets. A shame P5R leaves so soon but I guess quality games are too expensive to keep on Gamepass for a long time.

Durin

Neo Member
The double sting of buying Dead Space Remake a month ago coupled with my backlog plan to start Persona 5 next month on gamepass...

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I wasn't going to buy F1 Manager 23 after playing 22 and feeling robbed. I will check it out in Game Pass though.

Frontier is also announcing layoffs, must've sold really bad (which isn't a big surprise).

Top Bottom