• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Venba, The Wandering Village, Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem, and More

Frustrated World Cup GIF

bender

What time is it?
I really haven't liked Game Pass this year and it started off so strong with Hi-Fi Rush.

I just hate finished Bramble.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really haven't liked Game Pass this year and it started off so strong with Hi-Fi Rush.

I just hate finished Bramble.
Next 3 should be pretty solid, and they haven't even been announced fully.

Sea of Stars, Everspace 2, Lies of P, Starfield, Forza.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm looking forward to Sea of Stars. Not really interested in the rest though I'll try Starfield just so I can keep dunking on Bethesda. :p

I legit want you to hate-spend 100 hours in Starfield, to keep the fire burning :messenger_grinning_sweat:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Using a Bethesda game for AMEM seems unwise.

pro tip, use the coffee talk games for that, 50~ achievements per game and takes seconds to get from one to the next if you're following true achievement.

bender

What time is it?
pro tip, use the coffee talk games for that, 50~ achievements per game and takes seconds to get from one to the next if you're following true achievement.

Hell nah. I've got AOE2 as my easy achievement farm if I have no time or no other games to play.

I’ve paid less than $50 in 2023 and got:

Goldeneye
HiFi Rush
AoE2
Mount and Blade II
Cities Skyline Remastered
Hot Wheels Unleashed
Shadow Warrior 3
Atomic Heart
Wo Long
GTA V for Series X
MLB The Show (thanks Sony 😘)
Ghostwire Tokyo
Minecraft Legends
Redfall
Planet of Lana
Bramble
FIST
Exoprimal

And those are just the games I downloaded and played so far, there are plenty of others I will try or are on the service but I already own. There’s also lots of Japanese nonsense widely considered to be great that doesn’t interest me like the Persona games that got added, FUGA, Monster Hunter Rise, etc.

And of course it’s all moot because we’re less than two months away from goddamn Starfield, which I’ll buy and own but the fact that it’s coming day one to the service, wow.

YMMV. But as someone who owns all three consoles, I know the others haven’t been flooded with amazing AAA content this year either. That’s exactly why I like GamePass, I get tons of good games that aren’t bloated AAA nonsense, and I get day one MS titles.

What’s the big AAA July game they should sign to GamePass? Pikmin 4?
If these are the best games u could come up with, no wonder they shut down gwg and lagging behind in last place, only thing good about gamepass, is day one games, Already sold my Xbox, I’m done waiting, I’ll stick to ps5 and switch.

If these are the best games u could come up with, no wonder they shut down gwg and lagging behind in last place, only thing good about gamepass, is day one games, Already sold my Xbox, I’m done waiting, I’ll stick to ps5 and switch.

Most of those are day one games 👍

I also own a PS5 and Switch. The list of day one games I have bought for those this year are:

And list done. Granted, Switch had Zelda which I can admit is an incredibly made game, just not my cup of tea.

Telltale's the expanse comes out end of the month. Would it kill xbox to make a deal for the old telltale games, specifically the goats wolf among us or tales from the borderlands so that people can sample their catalogue.

Roberts

I really like Figment 2. It's as if some really talented interns at Supergiant games made their own Psychonauts. I mean that as a compliment, because while the game is obviously not as good as its inspirations, it's good enough to play through and enjoy.

Maquette is an ok puzzle game. I love the idea of its setting (a world inside a world inside a world where your actions echo through all of them) and I liked the puzzles for the most part (apart from ones that broke my brain) but the whole narrative was more more annoying than anything - somebody who's so heartbroken by a break-up decides to make a game about it, peppers it with cheesy symbolism and over-explains his feelings about it. Sure, if it makes you feel better, buddy.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really like Figment 2. It's as if some really talented interns at Supergiant games made their own Psychonauts.
That's a great quote. I thought the trailer looked okay. Have it downloaded and will try to get to it sometime. Sounds interesting.

Roberts

That's a great quote. I thought the trailer looked okay. Have it downloaded and will try to get to it sometime. Sounds interesting.
I hope you like it. I play it with my daughter so I haven't had the time to get very far and have no clue how it holds up in the later levels, but it is definitely not a very hard game - the combat is basically of dodge roll, hit, hit, dodge roll hit variety and the puzzles are intuitive to a point where your first idea to solve them always turns out to be right one. But it has tons of atmosphere, charming art-style, snappy dialogue and music is pretty cool too.

Is there a tutorial in wandering village? I dicked around for a half hour not understanding the mechanics.

This Serious Sam game is aggravating with the jumping frog like enemies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom