• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Complex(But Fun) Gaming Setups)

Barrage

Alright. In this topic all you gotta do is list fun gaming setups where you need something more complicated then just four controllers. The more creative, the better.

Now, I'm sure someone will eventually come in and describe a 16 Player, 4 Xbox Halo/Halo 2 game, so i'll skip that. I'll instead just tell you about the most kickass(and convolted) Four Swords game I ever had.

WHAT YOU NEED:
-4 Gamecubes
-4 Game Boy Advance/SPs
-5 TVs(4 Small, 1 Bigger)
-4 GBA-GC Link Cables
-4 GB Players for the Gamecubes

You see, with the Game Boy Player Four Swords will think your Gamecube is the Game Boy screen. Thus, everyone will have their own big-ass screen when they go into their "Game Boy", and one big screen for the Gamecube part. I've played this, and it is absolutely NUTS.

Please post your own setups, needlessly complicated and time-consuming as they may be.

miyuru

I thought it was really cool when I got Stepmania to run off my PC onto my TV through my video card. Then I bought a metal mat + USB converter. Last but not least, 2.1 harmon/kardon speakers.

Felt just like the arcade ^_^

robot

I hooked up a Saturn, Genesis (w/ MS converter), Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, PSOne and 2 Dreamcasts to 1 LCD monitor - the DC's are hooked up VGA. If thats not fun I dont know what is.

Hey, isnt there like, some sort of splitter at radio shack that takes in 2 composite video/audio setups and can horizontal splitscreen it?

I'd like to do some 2 player system linkage with that...

Tain

Aside from a goddamn PC lan party (duh), I'd say the next thing was just system-link VOOT with twinsticks.

Felt just like the arcade ^_^

Only with a better scoring system. Stepmania is sooo much better than the 'real thing'.

Stryder

The most complex I have managed is 4 players, 4 GBA's or GBASP's and Zelda Four Swords and FF:CC.

Hmm, no hang on, when I bought Halo 2 I wanted to play it through with Dolby Surround so I hooked up the advanced AV pack from my xbox to my PC's digital in via an optical cable, and fed the signal through to my PC, and then out my 4.1 speaker setup which I placed around me.

Four Swords + FF:CC was a lot more fun. :D

Argyle

SingStar on NTSC television.

Ingredients:
PS2 that can play PAL games.
SingStar + USB microphone dongle and two mics
USB video input box (I use the Avermedia USB 2.0 box)
Laptop with TV output
an NTSC TV (duh :)

This setup works with any PAL game, of course, but you lose the 50Hz update on some games - not that big a deal since anything like that I can usually get an NTSC version of...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Barrage said:
WHAT YOU NEED:
-4 Gamecubes
-4 Game Boy Advance/SPs
-5 TVs(4 Small, 1 Bigger)
-4 GBA-GC Link Cables
-4 GB Players for the Gamecubes

You see, with the Game Boy Player Four Swords will think your Gamecube is the Game Boy screen. Thus, everyone will have their own screen when they go into their "Game Boy", and one big screen for the Gamecube part. I've played this, and it is absolutely NUTS.

Wait... WHY did you add 4 GBA systems into the equation? With 4 GC+GBP units, there is no need... just use standard controllers.

Yes, I know, if you WANT to make things needlessly complicated, just to be bizarre, you could... although you'd need another 4 GBC/GC link cables.

Top Bottom