• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

People always sleep on Mexico. I still remember the World Cup thread.
They won't make it out of the group phase.
Croatia are going to easily beat Mexico.
Netherlands are going to destroy Mexico.

They'll be fine.

Sure but you have to admit the road to the semi-finals is pretty easy.

Even though I'm perfectly clear as to why the Gold Cup is always played in the US I still long for the day that different countries can host it with a decent degree of success. Not only will it help develop infrastructure, which is sorely needed, but it will also level the playing field for many of the squads.

Oh well, hoping Costa Rica can find some balance early on and make it to the latter stages. We have decent personnel despite a few injuries but I don't think everyone is on the same page right now. Our coach doesn't help either.

Blue Lou

CONCACAF have just 'dissolved' the Traffic Sport contract for the 2015 Gold Cup

CONCACAF and Traffic Sports USA End Corporate Partnership Agency Relationship

Existing contracts to be assigned to CONCACAF effective today

Miami (Tuesday, July 7, 2015) - The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) and Traffic Sports USA announced today that their Corporate Partnership Agency relationship will end as of today. The mutual decision was reached following discussions between both organizations and will have no effect on CONCACAF’s ability to fulfill its existing obligations to sponsors or to stage future tournaments.

In a statement, CONCACAF said: “CONCACAF and Traffic Sports USA have decided to part ways and dissolve their commercial rights agreement. Nonetheless, CONCACAF remains committed to organizing and executing best-in-class competitions for our member associations, fans, players, coaches, and sponsors, including the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup.”

CONCACAF will service existing sponsorships through its in-house sales and marketing team. The process for selecting commercial rights partners and vendors in the future is currently being evaluated by CONCACAF’s Special Committee as it reviews the Confederation’s business operations.

The agreement with Traffic Sports USA that has been terminated included rights to the next four editions of the biennial Gold Cup (2015, 2017, 2019, 2021), as well as seven additional seasons of the annual Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League, from the 2015/16 edition through the 2021/22 tournament. It also incorporated rights to all other events organized by the Confederation, such as youth tournaments, Olympic qualifiers, and Futsal.

I don't think it'll have any serious impact on the competition.

NH Apache

Banned

I think it is great. No one I have talked to in the past week even knows that the gold cup is even going on. The marketing has sucked, in the US at least.

Traffic Sports About US said:
Traffic Sports, founded in Sao, Paulo, Brasil in 1980, is one of the leading sports groups in the world. Traffic’'s global headquarters continue to be in Sao Paulo with regional offices in Miami (USA), Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and Lisbon (Portugal).

Over the past three decades, Traffic has organized and/or commercialized most of the official international soccer events in the Americas and today holds select exclusive commercial rights to the following premier properties in the region: Copa América, CONCACAF Gold Cup, Copa Libertadores, CONCACAF Champions League, CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers and Copa do Brasil.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No this will be good. World Cup Qualifying is generally stuck behind a paywall called BeIN Sports, if we can get it out from that channel then we can grow the sport in this country.

xbhaskarx

I hope someone is able to put a stop to America's domination of international football.

IWHh5ML.jpg

Blue Lou

CONCACAF have now confirmed the following changes:

USA
Player Out: Brad Davis – MF (Houston Dynamo/USA)
Player In: Greg Garza – DF (Atlas/MEX)

HONDURAS
Player Out: Ever Alvarado -- MF (CD Olimpia/Honduras)
Player In: Luis Garrido -- MF (Houston Dynamo/USA)

Player Out: Noel Valladares -- GK (CD Olimpia/Honduras)
Player In: Orlin Vallecillo -- GK (CD Victoria/Honduras)

HAITI
Player Out: Soni Mustivar – MF (Sporting Kansas City/USA)
Player In: Andrew Jean Baptiste – DF (New York Red Bulls/USA)

Teams from Groups B and C have the opportunity to make late changes until 24 hours before their kickoffs – July 8 in Los Angeles and July 9 in Chicago, respectively. Mexico has already made official changes as reported below:

MEXICO
Player Out: Javier Hernandez – F (Manchester United/ENG)
Player In: Javier Orozco – F (Santos/MEX)

Player Out: Hector Moreno – D (Espanyol/ESP)
Player In: Oswaldo Alanis – D (Santos/MEX)

Ledbetter

If Mexico doesn't win this cup or doesn't even get to the Final, Piojo will (and needs to) be fired.

And we don't have Chicharito :(

Panama v. Haiti 1-1 FT.

EDIT - Anyone know who the second from the left Univision commentator is? He is the dude with the sunglasses. I guess a player?

EDIT - Yeah he must be a player I think the 2 other guys are Pavon and Balboa.

Remember it's on Unimas (old Telefutura) everyone, free over the air in most of the country.

Check your Univision subchannel if you dont have it stand-alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom