• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor Mcgregor mentions Rocky III "dancing monkeys"; says meant circus-like celeb gym

CSJ

I don't think I've ever seen him talk like a normal person before, he's always up himself and he knows he can because he could decimate most people (in his own head/world). I just want someone to end his ability to fight and he'll have nothing left but words.

Testicular cancer versus skin cancer, the battle of the ages.

No big deal when he called Diaz a cholo or racist remarks to Aldo when they fought, NOW he's a racist?

I imagine the real difference is the black community voices their displeasure when it comes to this kind of a thing and we're loud enough about it that people take notice.

If the black community didn't say anything about this, this wouldn't have even registered as a blip in social networks.

PR_rambo

Banned
Motherfuck him and motherfuck his fans. Not even the best in his Sport, he doesn't even have half a good a resume as Jon Jones but alot of MMA fans hate Bones. I wonder why hmmmm

Surprise, Mayweather is also a racist piece of gobshite:

“As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little yellow chump … Once I kick the midget ass, I don’t want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now ... Once I stomp the midget, I’ll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice … we’re going to cook him with some cats and dogs.” - on Pacquiao

Hell yeah. I remember that shit. Offensive, racist ass mofo.

...and Pacquiao is a huge homophobe. And around it goes...

VoxPop

Motherfuck him and motherfuck his fans. Not even the best in his Sport, he doesn't even have half a good a resume as Jon Jones but alot of MMA fans hate Bones. I wonder why hmmmm

cause he's an idiot?

He's probably the best fighter alive but has issues more often than Lindsay Lohan

Kusagari

Jones is a piece of shit who also tried to play up the "holier than thou" act while being a piece of shit.

So did someone ask him to clarify what he says or you took what he says and interpreted it as him saying black people in Rocky 3 are monkeys hence labeling him as a racist?

That thread title is written as a fact more than anything.

maxiell

The entire point of his racism is to get people to give him attention and buy his fights to watch Floyd knock him out. Is this your first time learning of Conor McGregor?

Today GAF taught me that it's OK to be racist if it's planned in advance to make money or if the person you're being racist to is a shitty person.

Got it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jon Jones was basically the chosen one and he threw it all away to do fuckshit.

And he's still getting handed a title shot

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

People hate the guy who crashed into another vehicle, ran on foot away, while a pregnant woman was injured in the other car.

Goodstyle

Isn't Mayweather known for domestic violence?

Ya... still in his corner for some reason. I mean, I'm not going to lose sleep over him falling into hard times after this fight, but I sure as hell want him to beat this punk's ass. This whole situation could be an interesting litmus test for what angers a person more: Racism or domestic abuse.

People hate the guy who crashed into another vehicle, ran on foot away, while a pregnant woman was injured in the other car.

He did claim that he was out of his mind and didn't know if it was a male or female driving,pregnant or not and that he just ran, not much better but still.

MrS

Banned
Boy is a very common word irish use among themselves. It's not meant as derogatory whatsoever. It's everyday vernacular in Ireland.
We ain't in Ireland no more and Conor has spent enough time in America to know how 'boy' can be used as a pejorative against people of colour.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
People who are angry in this thread, I'm wondering are ye now more likely to pay to see McGregor get his ass handed to him? Conor has no shame and will do and/or say anything for the almighty dollar. He wants to get a rise out of you to either watch him fight (if you like his character) or pay to see him get his shit kicked in. He just wants to get paid, first and foremost. I'm not defending his comment as it is indefensible, this appears to be the MO of a man with no shame.

Most of what he says is harmless and is usually funny. The dance for me boy comment I wouldn't view as racist as there are some Irish people who use boy or son at the end of a sentence (well boy/girl is an opening greeting in one part of the country) but there isn't a defense to the dancing monkeys shite. He needs to acknowledge the comment and apologise.

I hope they relentlessly beat the shit out of each other for an hour. I don't even care who wins.

You do realize the fight is going to be boring as fuck right. Floyd will keep dodging and Conor will keep punching air. Floyd will win by decision. The most entertaining things about this matchup are these press conferences. These dudes are just playing the fans just to get more PPV buys.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
People who are angry in this thread, I'm wondering are ye now more likely to pay to see McGregor get his ass handed to him? Conor has no shame and will do and/or say anything for the almighty dollar. He wants to get a rise out of you to either watch him fight (if you like his character) or pay to see him get his shit kicked in. He just wants to get paid, first and foremost. I'm not defending his comment as it is indefensible, this appears to be the MO of a man with no shame.

Most of what he says is harmless and is usually funny. The dance for me boy comment I wouldn't view as racist as there are some Irish people who use boy or son at the end of a sentence (well boy/girl is an opening greeting in one part of the country) but there isn't a defense to the dancing monkeys shite. He needs to acknowledge the comment and apologise.

She he's a whore and a racist?

they were never going to pay for the fight to begin with, most will illegally stream the fight

McGregor - Garbage Human

Mayweather - Garbage Human

-----------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: We all lose. There is no better or worse with these two morons. Their own fan bases love the shit they do.

Blame the people who pay money to watch these assholes and support the whole stupid circus, not just the assholes themselves. Hell, Mayweather may have even told McGregor to say something racist so they can drum up more PPV sales.

Connor - Garbage Human

Mayweather - Garbage Human

-----------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: We all lose. There is no better or worse with these two morons.

I don't believe Conor every committed any crimes, while Floyd allegedly did. I'd say Floyd is objectively worse.

they were never going to pay for the fight to begin with, most will illegally stream the fight

EsljKsF.gif

-MD-

This is the same guy who has repeatedly referred to his latino opponents as "spics". Not surprised at all.

Not seeing anything on google about this, got a source?

Just a bunch of threads of people thinking he said the word "spic" and a bunch of people correcting them saying he said "speak".

Top Bottom