• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov booked: October 6th, 2018

Who ya got?

• Total voters

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
How long can they do that?

Until they complete their investigation. They do it to make sure that fighters pay whatever fines they decide on. The just subtract the fines from the check and give the fighters whats left if I remember correctly.

Post-fight circus aside, do people think McGregor will come back and ask for a rematch with Khabib? He got beat by Nate Diaz, and then improved by a helluva lot and got his revenge. Wonder if he'll think the same way about Khabib, or if the money and fame has gotten in the way of his skills and he can't pull that off now.

Nobody_Important

So salty lol. Only fair when you bring family and religion into it, talk shit get hit.

Also not "salty". I was rooting for Khabib. ConorMcGregor is a fucking dick. And no its not "fair". The dude risked the lives of everyone in the arena. Do you have any idea how quickly that could of gotten out of control?

Khabib and his team are a fucking disgrace for the show he just put on. He deserves to be suspended and fined heavily.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
So salty lol. Only fair when you bring family and religion into it, talk shit get hit.

Dude, These guys are getting paid bank for beating the shit out of each other. Drama just makes the fight more exciting, Conor got his ass handed to him, he talked shit and got hit. But hopping out of the ring makes Khabib no better than Conor. They are both assholes.

Fox Mulder

Dude, These guys are getting paid bank for beating the shit out of each other. Drama just makes the fight more exciting, Conor got his ass handed to him, he talked shit and got hit. But hopping out of the ring makes Khabib no better than Conor. They are both assholes.

Maybe theyll have a rematch in a hell in a cell.

I don´t understand how Mcgregor still has a fanbase. The guy spends every waking moment hyping himself up as the toughest guy ever but hasn´t won a fight in years.

Bryank75

Banned
Always thought Khabib would win btw, Conor doesn’t have the drive anymore. He has the money and can’t top what he did before....

Khabib is a good fighter but he can’t entertain and he has little charisma. The sport in general has very little more to offer these days.

Vlightray

They put the two biggest punks in UFC together and this is what you get. Getting offended by trash talk then proceeding to jump fences strip his title and no paycheck. As for Connor his behavior is always disgusting but trash talk is no reason to break the Nevada Commission rules.

UFC has gotten out of hand since Mayweather to get that money.

They put the two biggest punks in UFC together and this is what you get. Getting offended by trash talk then proceeding to jump fences strip his title and no paycheck. As for Connor his behavior is always disgusting but trash talk is no reason to break the Nevada Commission rules.

UFC has gotten out of hand since Mayweather to get that money.

Really?! I watching a delayed post conference and Dana is saying he doesn't know what will happen to Khabib title wise as it's not up to him. That'd suck but if so, he brought it upon himself

Vlightray

Really?! I watching a delayed post conference and Dana is saying he doesn't know what will happen to Khabib title wise as it's not up to him. That'd suck but if so, he brought it upon himself
Yeah that's what Dana has said. My wording was IMO. He Probably will get everything but pay a fine and his team will be scrutinized.

manfestival

The most underrated story so far that nobody is talking about is that the curse is being brought back. Attempt 5 of Tony vs khabib lol

Paracelsus

Conor cheated most of the fight, got humbled, his partner talking shit during the fight, and then there's this video. Why is Khabib supposed to be stripped of the title?

Nobody_Important

Conor cheated most of the fight, got humbled, his partner talking shit during the fight, and then there's this video. Why is Khabib supposed to be stripped of the title?

Might have something to do with him diving into the crowd and threatening the safety of everyone in the arena, but hey thats just a guess.

Also Conor being shit during the fight doesn't give Khabib the right to be shit after it.

Last edited:
Not saying it was right, but I totally understand why Khabib snapped after the fight. Khabib is all about respect, and Conor took the trash talk to another level. Just take a look at the pre-fight press conference, Conor aimed to and made it extremely personal. Then you have the cheap tactics throughout the match (illegal knee, holding the gloves) + the heavy favoritism shown towards McGregor by the UFC, and it was a recipe for disaster.

Again, I don't condone it, but I understand it. Khabib beat him like a step child and that should have been enough. On second thought, I don't even mind him trying to kill that mega douche Dillon Danis. I'll allow it.

Last edited:
What Conor did pre-fight was pretty tasteless, and he should definitely have been punished a lot more severely for that fucked-up incident involving the bus. That being said......

Conor trash-talking, while it can be pretty darned tasteless, doesn't violate any actual rules. Khabib running to punch one of McGregor's partners and people jumping into the octagon to take suckerpunches at McGregor definitely violate actual standing rules--whether those of the UFC or of law enforcement. Khabib's gonna pay for that, although I'm not sure to what extent.

What Conor did pre-fight was pretty tasteless, and he should definitely have been punished a lot more severely for that fucked-up incident involving the bus. That being said......

Conor trash-talking, while it can be pretty darned tasteless, doesn't violate any actual rules. Khabib running to punch one of McGregor's partners and people jumping into the octagon to take suckerpunches at McGregor definitely violate actual standing rules--whether those of the UFC or of law enforcement. Khabib's gonna pay for that, although I'm not sure to what extent.

The bus incident is overall worse than what Khabib did.

It would be hypocritical for the UFC to punish Khabib harshly. Conor himself actually started similar brawls at events on more than one occasion.

It would be hypocritical for the UFC to punish Khabib harshly. Conor himself actually started similar brawls at events on more than one occasion.

I don't disagree with that, but Dana White is not scared of the label of "hypocrite."

Nobody_Important

In what reality is that worse? Khabib endangered the entire arena with his bullshit. That could have EASILY devolved into a disaster. Luckily the police and the MGM security got everything settled down and separated almost immediately. What Conor did was fucking stupid and he should have been suspended, but what Khabib did was dangerous and reckless. He should be punished harshly. You can't dive into the crowd and start throwing punches.

Last edited:
In what reality is that worse? Khabib endangered the entire arena with his bullshit. That could have EASILY devolved into a disaster. Luckily the police and the MGM security got everything settled down and separated almost immediately. What Conor did what fucking stupid and he should have been suspended, but Khabib should be punished harshly. You can't dive into the crowd and start throwing punches.

Conor literally injured several UFC fighters who were forced to pull out of the event. Factor in medical bills, loss of earnings and the fight card having to be changed last minute. That was some serious shit.

Nobody_Important

Conor literally injured several UFC fighters who were forced to pull out of the event. Factor in medical bills, loss of earnings and the fight card having to be changed last minute. That was some serious shit.

I'm not saying it wasn't serious. It was. He deserved to be suspended. I'm just saying what Khabib did was worse.

highrider

Banned
Feel honestly pretty bad for Khabib. He had an opportunity to become a star and a real ambassador for the sport, and I think he’s a good guy but he’s human. Connor is just doing his Connor promotion thing, and he doesn’t understand these guys from fucking Dagestan that wrestle bears take things pretty seriously 😂

Snoopycat

Banned
I was surprised how little Connor had to offer. His striking was piss poor. It was obvious from the first take down he wasn't in any condition to fight Khabib. He posed no threat at all. Ferguson and Pettis saved the night, they were great. 2 guys really going at each other and enjoying it. The Pettit rematch should be at the top of everyone's list.

McGregor threw the first punch at Khabib's people;

He wasn't attacked randomly in the ring.

What Khabib did was unprofessional attacking Connor's team like that, but then again McGregors team assaulted him on the bus. Tit for tat.

Also important to note while Connor got his winning purse, Khabib's is being withheld, however, that's the official payout. The undiscolsed payout has been received by both, which comprises the bulk of their winnings.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
wowser bowsers conor got absolutely scrumgrombled rip proper twelve you'll do fucking nutting

here's some rare footage of the fight

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
People can't see it at all. Conor is doing the old wrestling technic he's saying whatever he can to get "heat" (look up the term) to sell tickets which means money. The more butts that are in the seats more money you get. So many people bought the pay per view hoping he'd get his ass kicked.

Some Irish fans back him no matter what and others wanted someone to shut him up and you know what the paid to see it happen.

JimmyJones

Banned
Conor got annihilated as expected. Can't believe Khabib jumped the fence after the fight! Conor was acting like a lunatic pre fight smashing bus windows and sheeit, I guess it's Khabib's turn now.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
guys, conor threw the first punch after khabib drop kicked his corner and a brawl ensued.. his punch was largely in self defense. khabib is 100% to blame here

qvv_pQaX1EeBI6ZYzxoVEOnS6lAYBxrpaOydj_I9dJw.jpg

i heard everybody got released from custody b/c conor is not pressing charges. say what you want about conor, but he is very humble in defeat

also.. Mystic Schaub ON POINT
https://streamable.com/kzqrb

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
that crack on conor from khabib in the second might've been the hardest hitting punch i've ever seen

jesus christ conor must be hurting right now

Snoopycat

Banned
People can't see it at all. Conor is doing the old wrestling technic he's saying whatever he can to get "heat" (look up the term) to sell tickets which means money.

I hate to tell you this but every UFC fan on the planet has been aware of Connor and Dana's stunts for years. The only "people who can't see it" are newcomers and children under 10.

manfestival

guys, conor threw the first punch after khabib drop kicked his corner and a brawl ensued.. his punch was largely in self defense. khabib is 100% to blame here

qvv_pQaX1EeBI6ZYzxoVEOnS6lAYBxrpaOydj_I9dJw.jpg

i heard everybody got released from custody b/c conor is not pressing charges. say what you want about conor, but he is very humble in defeat

also.. Mystic Schaub ON POINT
https://streamable.com/kzqrb
Bro get the story straight. Khabib attacked first. Conor also threw the first punch(after the Khabib attack) in his situation(not self defense, unless you consider sucker punching self defense lol). He then proceeded to get sucker punched back(cause blood is thicker than water etc etc). Nevada is holding Khabibs purse as they investigated the situation immediately and cleared Conor(probably chalking up his punch as a thing of passion). Yes Khabib is 100% to blame here as this whole drama probably would not have happened had he not jumped the cage like a lunatic right after making conor tap.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Bro get the story straight. Khabib attacked first. Conor also threw the first punch(after the Khabib attack) in his situation(not self defense, unless you consider sucker punching self defense lol). He then proceeded to get sucker punched back(cause blood is thicker than water etc etc). Nevada is holding Khabibs purse as they investigated the situation immediately and cleared Conor(probably chalking up his punch as a thing of passion). Yes Khabib is 100% to blame here as this whole drama probably would not have happened had he not jumped the cage like a lunatic right after making conor tap.

none of those things are incompatible with what i said..

oagboghi2

Connor was arrested. Why are people even brining up the bus incident. It's not like Connor got away with it.

Khabib could have started a riot.

I know how you rednecks think.

Muslim = brown, according to your mindset.
The fuck is wrong with you?

Last edited:
UFC just got into Russia, I don't think they'll throw that market away by stripping Khabib.

Conor did what he did and basically got no rebuke/suspension just a title shot and no apology as far as I know

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Conor coming to WWE soon LOL. All that TV money needs to be spent on something.

The guy running into the crowd is just a no no. Any sport you go into the crowd you are getting hit heavy.

Top Bottom