• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2

Dustin or Conor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never been a McGregor fan, but got to say he's a lot more likeable now.

He doesn't seem to to do his big yelling into mics, slinging insults and loud fake PR stuff anymore to drum up ticket sales.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. Bye McGregor!

McGregor started decent, but Poirer came back. Add another loss to McGregor. Since loss to Diaz, he's now 3-3. He's either aging, or the others are just getting better.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Conor is washed up

Should have left on top years ago
I agree. If this was 5 years ago when he stormed into UFC destroying people, he was at his best. Since the Nate Diaz fights, he's not the same. Ya, he's won matches including easily beating Alvarez and aging journeyman Don Cerrone, but his fights against Diaz, Khabib, Poirer he looks flat.

I didn't know this, but Conor and Poirer are the same age at 32. Conor just seems and looks older. Poirer seems a lot fresher.

Last edited:

TheZink

I agree. If this was 5 years ago when he stormed into UFC destroying people, he was at his best. Since the Nate Diaz fights, he's not the same. Ya, he's won matches including easily beating Alvarez and aging journeyman Don Cerrone, but his fights against Diaz, Khabib, Poirer he looks flat.

I didn't know this, but Conor and Poirer are the same age at 32. Conor just seems and looks older. Poirer seems a lot fresher.
You may be right. I thought Conor would starch him but maybe he should ride off into the sunset with all his cash and be happy.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
I don't understand why Conor is even fighting anymore. He looked old and slow. Just compare his movement to their first fight.

Great performance from Dustin. Wonder what's next for him. Chandler?
What fight did you watch 😄

He lost because he didn't check the low kicks, he took so many that he couldn't put any weight on that leg and got stuck against the fence. He was punching Dustin up in that first round.

Yoboman

Poirier just exposed the key to beating Conor in stand up

Chop his legs away and he is gone

Everybody who fights him in future took notes

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What fight did you watch 😄

He lost because he didn't check the low kicks, he took so many that he couldn't put any weight on that leg and got stuck against the fence. He was punching Dustin up in that first round.
I agree.

Conor did look good in the first minute or two. He nailed Dustin with some good punches to the head. I even said above Poirer actually looks flat. Looks like COnor was trying to head hunt all match trying to KO Dustin.

But those leg kicks worked and prevented Conor from moving.

Yoboman

I agree.

Conor did look good in the first minute or two. He nailed Dustin with some good punches to the head. I even said above Poirer actually looks flat. Looks like COnor was trying to head hunt all match trying to KO Dustin.

But those leg kicks worked and prevented Conor from moving.
Its sad he is done after a minute or two. He looked buggered after the first round and a half and honestly wasn't even that active

I put big question marks on Conor's claim he has been training the past year. At least in an effective way

And I'd also question the quality of the team he has around him. I know he is loyal to a fault but I honestly haven't seen significant improvement to his weaknesses over his career. Probably too late to change that thougn

Compare to Poirier's significant improvement in every aspect

Glad I stood by Poirer. I was pretty confident he was gonna get it done, but I wasn't expecting it to happen until the 3rd round. Everyone at my house was confident McGregor would get the knockout, but after that first round I knew it was done. Kind of underwhelming night of fights tbh. Chandler looked great, always a Jojo fan so happy to see that happen. Overall though, not a super exciting card. Hopefully McGregor will do Diaz III now and then maybe a Poirier III at the end of the year.

Got up at 8am to watch this.

Good game plan from Poirier, he's a boxer & mccregor is a counter fighter. My brother is a boxing fanatic (he knows these things), he predicted 2nd Rd KO from Poirier. Mcgregor he's always said is a 1 trick pony. Jake Paul next...? Leverage your fame & get another money fight. Those thunder shoulder strikes less effective rofl.

Will watch rest of event & comment.

mekes

Just watched it. My picks for anything lightweight continue to be the worst 😂

Thought Conor looked a bit lazy, either lazy or over confident. Feel like the old Conor would have been much much more mobile in the wide stance and hopped back from leg kicks. But he didn’t care and just ate most every one. Worst of all, he looked frail the moment Dustin decided to take risks.

Chandler looked interesting. I don’t rate Hooker personally, but he’s alright, a slightly tricky fighter.

Hope we get Tony vs Conor booked up now.

Kerotan

I'd say poirier has done a lot less drugs, drinking and trained more the last few years.

He had a great game plan and mcgregor didn't. Rematches can be very different as we've seen already.

Who knows a Trilogy fight Dustin could have won gold achieved his dreams and be super rich. Might not train as hard or the champ life takes it's toll. Then fights a mcgregor who will respect leg kicks and take down attempts. I actually think a 3rd fight could go to decision.

GymWolf

What a wonderful card.

Conor got fucked by dustin

hooker got fucked by chandler

eye got fucked by jojo

I'm not even mad that i picked the wrong winner in both co-main and main event 🕺

INC

Conor looked stiff still tbh

Dustin looked like his normal self, as said before Dustin can take damage and is a slugger, especially at that weight

Made conor look easy tbh

Last edited:

mekes

😂

I9iHwyz.jpg

Top Bottom