• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control - Ultimate Edition Trailer [Coming to Steam on August 27th]

RNG

About time it’s coming out for Steam and with all expansions too. Console-only owners come to the light side!

Gorki247

:messenger_fearful:

Aww c'mon....
I seriously JUST BOUGHT the standard version.

I have such bad luck with things like this... :lollipop_sad_relieved:
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll change their mind and offer an upgrade path to the ultimate edition.

I was all ready to buy it last weekend, but didn't get around to it for some reason and was fully intending to get it this weekend instead. Guess I'll wait for a few more weeks now.

TriSuit666

Banned
you really thinks there is moneyhatting ?
it's more probable you need to blame console validation process and remedy choose to not push back pc release to later for a re-edition of the game

I was being sarcastic, lol!

*whooosh* <-that's sarcasm going over your head, so it is.

Seriously, they know they probably fucked up, so will row this back at a later date and give it to everyone after a suitable and deserved backlash.

Last edited:

Loke

Lol, glad I waited.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I played the base game and expansion on PC. No love for PC guys huh...because everything's backwards and forwards compatible. Can I at least get a discount on the AWE expansion?

BlakeofT

I was really mad at first when I read this. I talked to a pal and my opinion did a 180. I now see it more like it's a cheap next gen title that you can play on current gen consoles if you want.

Edit: my comment is probably off topic as I am referring to the PS4/XboxOne controversy. Anyways, I'm excited to finally play the game now.

Last edited:

Spokker

Horsefaced main character AND you don't get the next-gen upgrade if you bought it day 1? Sheeeeeeeeeeit.

It was a decent if a bit overhyped game I got on Black Friday, but it must suck to be a diehard Remedy fan today and learn that they don't care about you. For a developer that gets by on word-of-mouth after slow initial sales, they shot themselves in the foot.

And by the way, it looks like they prettied her up for this new cover haha.

Last edited:

saintjules

May be a silly question, but if I decided to get this Ultimate Edition, would my regular save carry over to this? Or has that not been made public knowledge yet?

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nice. Haven't got around to buying it. Will get it for Xbox Series X. I heard it struggles in current gen so hopefully with Series X it has no issues

Umbral

Remedy, I bought your game on launch. You want me to rebuy it for PS5? You can’t just charge me $10, or do it for free because I supported the game early?

Suck my dick.

Andodalf

Banned
glad i bought the regular edition on sale and haven't bought the dlc. I'll buy this in 2021 for 20$ i guess.

SnapShot

New Explanation posted here
The upgrade path that we are offering is only possible when upgrading from the same version of the game. As we are only doing additional development on Control Ultimate Edition on the next gen platforms, we are unfortunately unable to offer an upgrade path to all existing Control players. We understand how this might upset a number of players but you will still be able to play the 2019 edition of Control and each Expansion on the new platforms.

TL;DR - They still won't offer an upgrade path to all existing Control players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom