• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition Releases on PC on March 21. New Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Hey everyone, are you ready to continue Aloy’s epic adventure on PC? On March 21, you’ll be able to explore the Forbidden West, battle awe-inspiring machines and encounter new tribes. Horizon Forbidden West is the beloved follow up to Guerrilla’s critically acclaimed Horizon Zero Dawn, and this Complete Edition for PC also includes the Burning Shores expansion, which continues Aloy’s journey and takes players to a treacherous volcanic archipelago after completing the main quest.

Today we are excited to announce that the PC version of Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition is now available for pre-purchase with bonus content, including:

• Blacktide Outfit and Blacktide Bow* (available only with pre-purchase)
  • Nora Legacy Outfit and Nora Spear* (available only when linking your Steam account to PlayStation
  • Network)
  • 2 Special Outfits (Carja Behemoth Elite and Nora Thunder Elite)
  • 2 Special Weapons (Carja Behemoth Short Bow and Nora Thunder Sling)
  • In-game Resources Pack including ammunition, potions, and travel packs
  • In-game Apex Clawstrider Machine Strike Piece
  • Exclusive Photo Mode pose and face paint

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition on PC features unlocked frame rates, customizable graphics settings and a broad range of performance-enhancing technologies, including NVIDIA DLSS 3 upscaling and frame generation.Coming March 21.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition on PC features unlocked frame rates, customizable graphics settings and a broad range of performance-enhancing technologies, including NVIDIA DLSS 3 upscaling and frame generation. AMD FSR and Intel XeSS are also supported. For players with high-end hardware and extra headroom, image-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA is also available. The game leverages DirectStorage for quick loading times on PC.

On your journey in the far-future post-apocalyptic world of Horizon, you will discover a variety of highly detailed environments, including lush forests, sunken cities, vast deserts and impressive mountain ranges. With ultra-wide support, you’ll be able to take in the vistas in a panoramic view. Gameplay is supported in 21:9 ultra-wide, 32:9 super ultra-wide and even 48:9 resolutions with compatibility for triple-monitor setups.

Fully customizable mouse and keyboard controls let you traverse the Forbidden West and fight ferocious machines on your PC the way you want to. The game also features extensive controller support, including Steam Input support for remapping and customization of your peripheral of choice to your preferences. Use a PlayStation DualSense controller for the most immersive experience, with adaptive triggers that let you feel the tension in the string of your bow and haptic feedback that makes you feel the impact when you’re engaging in melee combat.

On behalf of everyone at Nixxes Software and Guerrilla, we can’t wait for you to jump back into the world of Aloy on PC! Head over to Steam or the Epic Games Store now to pre-purchase or wishlist the game.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

Sony still trying hard to make Horizon a thing while ignoring games like Ghost of Sushi, Bloodborne and GT7. I am pissed.

xVodevil

Love how it says 'compatible PC required' for unlocked framerate
Anyway this is a skip.. bring on the good stuff, end of March is Dragon's dogma 2 time anyway

Last edited:
I've played this game for a few hours on PS5 and dropped it. Aloy was just insufferable. Still waiting for The Last Guardian and Shadow of The Colossus ports. One day.

Really hope this gets modded for ray tracing/path tracing somehow. It would be mind blowing.

This is a game, like Cyber Punk and Red Dead 2 that needs support for these graphical features.

I want to fucking blast this thing.

Sony still trying hard to make Horizon a thing while ignoring games like Ghost of Sushi, Bloodborne and GT7. I am pissed.
The first Horizon sold more than even Uncharted 4 (over 16M copies). More than any game you just mentioned...and the second had sold 8.4M by April last year which is faster than Ghost of Tsushima that was at 7. something after a year, more than Bloodborne and GT7 as far as we know.

The game is happening already...

Sentenza

I can't even pretend to be hyped for this, given how little I liked the first, but I'm curious to see what people will have to say about the port's quality.

Kenpachii

Couldn't get into the first game.

If this game is still a huge cutscene fest, i will skip it also.

Still DLSS 3 is great, hope frame gen is included in it.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I don't think so... returnal, lbp, ratchet, tlou l1 and miles came in 1 year or less... each case will be evaluated. But for the future the window will be shorter and shorter.
Huh?
Returnal:
PlayStation 5
April 30, 2021
Windows
February 15, 2023

Miles Morales:
PlayStation 4
WW: November 12, 2020
PlayStation 5
NA/AU: November 12, 2020
WW: November 19, 2020
Windows
WW: November 18, 2022

Ratchet:
PlayStation 5
June 11, 2021
Windows
July 26, 2023

Sackboy:
PlayStation 4
WW: 12 November 2020
PlayStation 5
NA/OC: 12 November 2020
WW: 19 November 2020
Windows
WW: 27 October 2022

nbkicker

For me didnt finish the first on ps4 and reading how the dlc etc now pushing lbgt etc into main charachter think ill oeave it, think the only sony game i want on pc would be ghosts of tus

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Why would you launch this one day before DD2? Starting to think Guerilla has a fetish for being overshadowed. Anyway it’s good to see Nixxes continuing to work with both AMD and Nvidia.

Huh?
Returnal:
PlayStation 5
April 30, 2021
Windows
February 15, 2023

Miles Morales:
PlayStation 4
WW: November 12, 2020
PlayStation 5
NA/AU: November 12, 2020
WW: November 19, 2020
Windows
WW: November 18, 2022

Ratchet:
PlayStation 5
June 11, 2021
Windows
July 26, 2023

Sackboy:
PlayStation 4
WW: 12 November 2020
PlayStation 5
NA/OC: 12 November 2020
WW: 19 November 2020
Windows
WW: 27 October 2022
Thanks. I knew i was right but i wasn't going to bother answering lmao.

It's available for pre-purchase on Steam.

Also, it's $50 on GMG (Steam Key)

image.png

Last edited:
I skipped the expansion on PS5. Tempting to get this for PC since it comes with the expansion. I'll keep it in my steam wishlist for now.

Klosshufvud

The first Horizon sold more than even Uncharted 4 (over 16M copies). More than any game you just mentioned...and the second had sold 8.4M by April last year which is faster than Ghost of Tsushima that was at 7. something after a year, more than Bloodborne and GT7 as far as we know.

The game is happening already...
They pretty much gave the game away though. Herman Hulst has an obvious soft spot for his generic personality-devoid red head.

Edellus

I'm glad PC gamers get to enjoy this game too now.

I suggest to take your time playing this game, enjoy the scenery, and remember that even though there are markers in the map, you don't have to play it as a checklist game (most of it is entirely optional). Also, you might want to start in hard difficulty and see if the challenge is manegable for you (you can change difficulty at any time too).

They pretty much gave the game away though. Herman Hulst has an obvious soft spot for his generic personality-devoid red head.
You have quite a hate boner for this game don't you? I can understand disliking it because it's not your cup of tea, but downplaying its success is bonkers when we know that HZD is one of the most successful new IPs from Sony.

Linked data is pulled from Feb 2022. HZD had an estimated budget of over €45 million.

Tr2p6Sv.jpeg

FTo7BboXsAEujrq

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

Horizon is the best performing PC port, I believe. The Steamdeck crowd loves that title too. I don’t believe Tsushima PC would sell more than Horizon FW.

CamHostage

Horizon is the best performing PC port, I believe. The Steamdeck crowd loves that title too. I don’t believe Tsushima PC would sell more than Horizon FW.

Right, Tsushima might do well, but the priorities are obviously purposeful (especially the Deck being a strong target sub-audience, given that H:ZD worked well and was popular on the handheld... *sigh*, RIP Vita.)

Tsushima also would be the first game ported to PC on that Sucker Punch custom engine, whereas a few Decima titles have been done and Guerilla + Nixxes Software have experience integrating workflow for port projects.

Last edited:
Top Bottom