• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coolest custom PC of all time... in LEGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaser

Check this out... this guy builds his computers with LEGO blocks:

A little maintenance guy!
lego5.jpg

I want one of these!
lego4.jpg

Got to love the little door for the cable, and the relaxed dude on the roof :)
2lego1.JPG

More pictures on his site.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
daler1.jpg

wait wait... is that Dahler Mendi dancing with white women? Please explain.

SickBoy

How much heat can Lego tolerate? It's cool, but I'd hate to see it turn into a Lego slagheap if the components got too hot :)

-SB

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Makura said:
The idea is good, but the execution leaves much to be desired IMO.
Acutally, I agree. I'd love to see some better color schemes (how about a blue and black case?) and more interesting designs (dude, you're making your own case. It doesn't just have to be a box with some Lego guys on top of it).

Still, just for having the idea, this guy is awesome, even if his execution has a lot of room to improve.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
is there a real PC case inside there and did he just build the lego around it? i'd really worry about heat and such like if there's not.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
firex said:
probably ran out of legos all the same color like i did when i made lego stuff as a kid.

Exactly! Sure, he could make a fancy color coordinated Lego case, but who among us ever followed directions and made things of legos as they should appear in the real world? That's far too boring. This captures the spirit of Lego, and the rest of you who disagree are like the devil spawn of Nazis and PETA members.

thomaser

gofreak said:
is there a real PC case inside there and did he just build the lego around it? i'd really worry about heat and such like if there's not.

No, I don't think so... here's a picture of the innards of one of the computers:

3lego2.jpg

Looks like the LEGO-case and the components were built together at the same time.

I honestly think the garish colours, blocky shapes and tacky "houses" are exactly what makes this so great. It's like... the complete opposite of cool. Which must be HOT!

And the point about running out of colours is a real one... many of these blocks seem like old blocks, and those are often impossible to find in stores and must be bought from collectors. Blocks of some colours are quite valuable, actually :)

B'z-chan

Banned
There are better Lego PC cases.

The Tie Fighter (Mini PC) and DeathStar (server case) come to mind, dont have time to find pics now but they are out there.

Mason

I wish someone would use all one (or two) colors and come up with a really cool, sleek design. That'd be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom