• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cory Booker to Introduce Marijuana Justice Act to legalize marijuana at federal level

Bixlow

Neo Member
Can't wait to see this guy run in 2020. Can't think of anyone else for the Democratic Primaries in 2020 besides Warren.

good idea, but it'll never pass which he obviously knows.

But do dems really want him for 2020/2024?

i dont mind him but hes way too tied to wallstreet for the more liberal wing

Eric Garcetti started the climate mayors initiative, secured a bid for the 2028 Olympics, and he will likely win the Senatorial race in California next year. He's going to have a ton of momentum going into 2020. He will easily steal Booker's lunch.

California's recreational market should be booming by then as well, which will force the hands of a lot of states. Consequently, I fully expect national legalization to be part of the party platform in 2020.

Kettch

I share the skepticism of Republicans doing anything right, but I do feel that this is one issue where it's possible to bring some of them around on. It just makes too much economic sense. It fits in with state's rights, it fits in with personal freedoms.

Marijuana legalization works with everything Republicans claim to be. Obviously they're able to make up any shit they want for any policy they want, but I think it's nice to at least give this a try.

I share the skepticism of Republicans doing anything right, but I do feel that this is one issue where it's possible to bring some of them around on. It just makes too much economic sense. It fits in with state's rights, it fits in with personal freedoms.

Marijuana legalization works with everything Republicans claim to be. Obviously they're able to make up any shit they want for any policy they want, but I think it's nice to at least give this a try.

Problem is, this helps black Americans quite a bit. If it's one thing Republicans hate it's helping black folks. So I don't expect them to get behind this at all.

Yes but there are true conflicts of interest there with Republicans. Such as big pharma, tobacco, alcohol and private prisons that would do anything to have MJ not pass

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

It is a workable pivot.
Problem is the base that funds them will not want the change.

I could only imagine the pharmaceutical lobbyist going nuts trying to kill this off.

Kunibert

Neophyte
Have you guys ever tried using cannabis for medical purposes? I have been diagnosed with glaucoma for almost a year now and I've been searching any alternative medicine that can help me then i came across this article that says marijuana can be used to treat and prevent glaucoma. I've been planning to try this kind of strain here in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/phantom-og/ but i have no idea where to start or buy. Can you guys give me any tips or any ideas that can help me? Thank you!

krazen

Have you guys ever tried using cannabis for medical purposes? I have been diagnosed with glaucoma for almost a year now and I've been searching any alternative medicine that can help me then i came across this article that says marijuana can be used to treat and prevent glaucoma. I've been planning to try this kind of strain here in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/phantom-og/ but i have no idea where to start or buy. Can you guys give me any tips or any ideas that can help me? Thank you!

lol. Ive never used for medical reasons, but If I were you

1)Stick to sativa strands, as close to 100% as possible. There are two general strains, Sativa and Indica. Sativa's tend to be the ones that seems to be 'lighter' in their highs; the effects aren't as harsh as Indica's which tend to be heavier and more of a body high (ie, something you would take if you had problems sleeping or planned on staying indoors).

Assuming you live in a place where you have access to legalized shop I would speak to the sales rep; they will be able to guide you to strains that won't have you feeling like Bill and Ted's Great Adventure all day (unless that's what you want)

NickFire

I wish someone seen as less partisan would introduce this kind of legislation. Absolute shame we continue to ruin lives, waste tremendous law enforcement and court resources, and miss out on the tax revenue to keep a plant illegal that can be smoked without any processing beyond letting it dry.

Super Mario

Banned
good idea, but it'll never pass which he obviously knows.

But do dems really want him for 2020/2024?

i dont mind him but hes way too tied to wallstreet for the more liberal wing

I both agree and disagree with this statement. I agree that you're right, the super-liberals will hate that.

I disagree, because this is the kind of candidate they do need. Trump is transforming the "business" into a more favorable light. It would be extremely tough to convince any potential Trump voter to abandon that. If Booker could keep the "business" portion going and capture an audience on social issues, he could be a contender.

Top Bottom