• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike 2 has launched

Barakov

Gold Member
8ca6rFx.png

8LVDf4S.jpg

nikos

Works now!
Well this is a fucking joke.

They removed CS:GO and we're left with an inferior version. Fantastic! Can't even play Arms Race or Demolition. Where's Assault? Train? Danger Zone?

CS:GO was an inferior version of CS: Source.

VN1X

Banned
Works now!

CS:GO was an inferior version of CS: Source.
Your point?

Where is Cache? Cobble? And all of the other casual maps that people enjoyed.

This is literally the same shit I've been playing for weeks already and they just pushed it out the door at the last minute because of the arbitrary summer goal (that they didn't even hit).

Another AAA game that fumbled its launch. What a surprise.

I'll come back next year when this thing is out of beta.

VN1X

Banned
So they deleted all our achievements from CS GO to give us only one achievement for just launching the updated game... Nice job Valve...
Yeah I've no idea what the fuck this release is supposed to be.

How do you even delete achievements?! Pretty sure they don't allow other devs to do so.

Drake

Is arms race gone? That was the only mode I ever played. I don't see it anywhere.

Last edited:
Counter Strike 2, Zelda TOTK, Diablo 4, Baldur Gates 3, Starfield, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Forza Motorsport Reboot, Mortal Kombat 1, Street Fighter 6, Dead Space Remake, Lies of P, Spider Man 2, Mario RPG Remake, Super Mario Wonder, Hogwarts Legacy

If anyone ever tells me that this is a shit year for gaming or complains on this forum about it they need to be banned and locked up in their house and handcuffed and not allowed to touch a controller for the rest of their lives. Absolutely insane.

Somebody please send me your local time traveling agent so I can have extra weekends.

Yep, if you cannot find a game, device or platform to play and enjoy immensely these days perhaps gaming just isn't for you.

Insane choices and budgets catered for these days, especially given secondhand markets or subs these days.

Also time to fire up the old PC for a CS2 session.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I played this tonight and yep it's Counterstrike.

It's been a while since I played it, but I gotta say, I think I like Valorant more.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Counter Strike 2, Zelda TOTK, Diablo 4, Baldur Gates 3, Starfield, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Assassin's Creed Mirage, Forza Motorsport Reboot, Mortal Kombat 1, Street Fighter 6, Dead Space Remake, Lies of P, Spider Man 2, Mario RPG Remake, Super Mario Wonder, Hogwarts Legacy

If anyone ever tells me that this is a shit year for gaming or complains on this forum about it they need to be banned and locked up in their house and handcuffed and not allowed to touch a controller for the rest of their lives. Absolutely insane.

Somebody please send me your local time traveling agent so I can have extra weekends.
Funny, that's also what should happen to people that don't even list Armored Core 6!

chlorate

From what I heard, CS2 was simplified and made easier in a bunch of ways except for recoil patterns, which are identical to CS:GO

VN1X

Banned
Yeah, this. I'd love to get excited but it's still basically an ancient game?
Nah if you've played Source, CSGO and now CS2 the upgrade in visuals is pretty substantial. There are lots of features active now that previously weren't even possible.

Just from a casual/onlookers point of view it obviously doesn't look like Cyberpunk or CoD but that's ok., it's not meant for those people. CS is all about clarity, visibility and readability in terms of visuals (without going overboard as Valorant did what with its sterile and overly boxy map design).

Top Bottom