• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike: GO - Debut Trailer, Preview and Gameplay

More then a graphical boost and new weapons what Counter Strike needs is a Theater mode.

You would think the worlds most competitive fps would have this feature.

gibon3z said:
More then a graphical boost and new weapons what Counter Strike needs is a Theater mode.

Hidden Path is adding a replay system to CS: S in the next month or two, so it should be assumed that it'll be in CS: GO.

Zeppelin

gibon3z said:

Never heard of HLTV? Or am I reading this wrong..?

vocab

gibon3z said:

uhhh. CS had HLTV that had over 200k viewing the CPL finals at some point, and a demo recording system since forever.

It's good to see the people posting in this thread still have no idea what Counter Strike is.

Grinchy

Banned
At 5 vs 5, I can't imagine why anyone would buy the console version. That sounds pointless but that's just how I feel after playing counterstrike for years on PC.

I really hope it does well though. KB/M support on PS3 is something every FPS game should have.

StuBurns

Banned
Piercedveil said:
I'll get it even if it's p2p. Looks pretty awesome.
Even if? Isn't F2P more reason to get something?

As for PSN/XBLA, I don't see why that means it won't be F2P, even if neither of them allowed it, doesn't stop them giving the PC one away for free.

Not that I see any reason why they should, this seems like a pretty traditional project to me.

P2P != f2p ;)

Watching a lot of the released media I really do have to ask it: Is it confirmed that this is really being made by Valve staff in-house? Because... well. It's Valve. And this doesn't look like Valve polishing standards.

DerZuhälter said:
P2P != f2p ;)

Watching a lot of the released media I really do have to ask it: Is it confirmed that this is really being made by Valve staff in-house? Because... well. It's Valve. And this doesn't look like Valve polishing standards.

It's not being made by Valve. It's being developed mainly by Hidden Path Entertainment, which is the company that developed Defense Grid and have been given the task of keeping Counter-Strike: Source updated for the last year and half.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Love that they're bringing cross platform multi to this along with KB/M support on PS3, but I do hope they allow for separate playlists for those who choose to play with controller. It's obviously going to be an ass whooping if everyone's thrown into the fire together.

I'll be doing both, depending on what I'm feeling that particular day. Some days, you just wanna kick back and game on your couch and not worry about going beast mode all the time.

Also, as said before, I'm cool with the graphics, as long as we're getting 60 FPS on console. Looking awesome so far though!

ksan

Wow, I didn't think I'd get this dissapointed. It looks absolutely awful, could just as well be another CoD game.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm not a big CS player due to being absolutely terrible at the game, but this looks.. OK to me. Not fantastic, but OK. I'm not up in arms about how bad it looks but at the same time I really can take it or leave it. I'll dip my toes in and see if the game is any kinder to me than it has been in the past (i.e, not very) but we'll see.

The impression I get from this is that Valve are pretty much using this as an excuse to push further into the console space and probably generate some quick cash out of it.

The problem with that is I wonder how relevant this is going to be to console players. Keyboard and mouse support is probably enough of a novelty and underused feature to get a section of PS3 fans excited but I wonder how the 360 community and those PS3 players who don't know/care about KB&M support are going to treat this.

A potential nut for Valve's marketing bods to try and crack.

Himself

ksan said:
Wow, I didn't think I'd get this dissapointed. It looks absolutely awful, could just as well be another CoD game.

Basically. If this wasn't made by the "untouchable" Valve it would be written off as another generic bullshit military shooter.

Respawn

Banned
Man said:
PS3 version with M/K, Move and Cross platform play... Awesome. So bought.
Wow I thought Wario was joking
Himself said:
Basically. If this wasn't made by the "untouchable" Valve it would be written off as another generic bullshit military shooter.
piss off

StuBurns

Banned
Himself said:
There is nothing untouchable about Valve, look at this thread for evidence.

Looks like.. CS:Source but with more models in the maps. Pretty unimpressed. Honestly, I'd rather just play CS...

Second gameplay video pissed me off. Guy did the stupidest move going out from the bomb point when he had it planted. C'mon dummy, you're the only one left.

I hope you guys remember this is a downloadable title, and thus, the textures, models, sound, and whatever are not going to be on the same level as a disc based release.

It seems a lot of people are forgetting this

Brownmonkey

Neo Member
Got to play 3 rounds this morning, struggled a little the first two rounds because the sensitivity set so low, but in the final round I got an ak kill and two knife kills!

feels good man.

Map was dust...I think, I always mix them up.

balladofwindfishes said:
I hope you guys remember this is a downloadable title, and thus, the textures, models, sound, and whatever are not going to be on the same level as a disc based release.

It seems a lot of people are forgetting this

wut?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't really see the point in this. CS:Source is fine, the players aren't that interested in an incremental advance, they're ready for a generation leap (CS 2).

Maybe this is just to bring more console players into the fold? The way it looks and being limited to 5v5 I don't see it bringing in very many unless it is a $5 PSN/XBLA title.

Woo-Fu said:
I don't really see the point in this. CS:Source is fine, the players aren't that interested in an incremental advance, they're ready for a generation leap (CS 2).

Maybe this is just to bring more console players into the fold? The way it looks and being limited to 5v5 I don't see it bringing in very many unless it is a $5 PSN/XBLA title.

I think the 5v5 might only be for ranked matches. You know pc will have outrageous player counts on custom servers. Not sure if consoles will have that option though.

StuBurns

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
it's an XBLA and PSN game, it has certain size restrictions that it has to fall under
2GB on 360. I'm on my Mac so I can't check, how big is CSS?

EDIT: Mac build is 4760MB, way bigger than CS:GO can be.

Exuro

Nostalgia~4ever said:
Looks like crap compared to the others fps that comes out this year
Well it's not like this is going to be a $60 release.

Don't play CS often but I remember recoil being a tad(huge) bit greater than in that video.

kodt

Banned
SlipperySlope said:
Consoles only have 5 on 5? AHAAHHAHAHHAHHAAHAH

Which is the standard for all competitive matches.

It forces you to use strategy instead of just bunch of guys go A, bunch of guys go B shoot eachother. With 5 v 5 you have to be careful, Terrorists generally have to stick together unless they try to decoy. CT's have 2 bombsites to defend and have to use communication to rotate quickly once they know where the T's are attacking.

Honestly I think it is better if people get used to playing this way. The built in competitive mode sounds great.

I do agree that Casual mode should support more players, at least 8v8 or something. In casual mode you are more just trying to get kills than execute teamwork and complete the objective. You could argue that is good or bad though, 5v5 should promote trying for the objective.

Top Bottom