• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

counterstrike (Xbox) $9.99 @ebgames.com... ESPN Football 2005 $19.99 @ gamestop

awesome man, i was looking into getting this.. $9.99 cant be beat, its a solid online game.. the offline mode is bots and its okay as you can adjust the difficulty..

good way to learn the new Xbox maps.

there is no offline multiplayer, you play only against bots.

and from what i understand, ESPN Football 2005 is officially launching @ $19.99 for the next few years, for sega to gain marketshare, it wasn't just a rumor

*online only deal for counterstrike

jedimike

Everybody with XBL better go get CS now! It is a blast!

As triumph would say... get it or I'll punch you in the testicles.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
If you're an American with an Xbox and don't buy ESPN 2005, you should be shipped off to Russia and removed from the American gene pool.

Maybe I'll give counterstrike a try. It's cheap around here, even if the deal is over. I'm a huge Socom fan, but never got into CS on the PC. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl.

And ESPN NFL 2005 for $19.99? Hell, sounds good to me. I'm a huge Madden fan, but for that price, why not buy both? This is a great move by Sega.

i hope they drop the price of CS-X instore to $19.99 soon or something.. i aint going to pay $29.99 for a new copy anytime soon, but I want the game....

i kid you not.. not adding CS-X to my in basket for $9.99 has ruined my day..

i should just go to sleep for the day now, at 3pm..

if anyone got it in their basket, and doesnt want it anymore, please let me know... i doubt anyone of you ordered it and dont actually want it, but just in case...

sorry to hear that lucky :(

these deals go so quickly, what you have to do is just place the order and think about it later. if you want to cancel it an hour from the time you ordered (after you've thought about it) it's very easy to cancel. but you can't pass up good deals like this :D

hopefully it comes back in stock at that price... lucky, watch ebgames.com and cheapassgamer.com, they have done the samething with wario world for gc. having it @ 9.99 then it sells out, then reposting it @ 9.99

yah ill keep checking, i wish there was a way to get notified if it came back in stock.. do you know if thats possible?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is no offline multiplayer, you play only against bots.

and from what i understand, ESPN Football 2005 is officially launching @ $19.99 for the next few years, for sega to gain marketshare, it wasn't just a rumor

*online only deal for counterstrike

What do you mean? You can play offline via system link. But there is no single player campaign (i.e. Unreal tournament, Quake3, etc.). Also the bots in this game are pretty darn good.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
This is an awesome move by Sega if true. Why? Because instead of selling a small initial quantity and forcing retailers to drop the price of their sports lineups to sub $9.99 prices within a month or two, they can capture a much larger share of the market in each sport this time around. Even if they break even or make less than they would have, they've just introduced their quality games to a much larger audience and next time around when the next-gen begins, they'll be right their with a large user base ready to buy their products at full price.

NFL 2k5, NHL 2k5, NBA 2K5, and their baseball franchise will all undoubtably be great games.

Rodriguez

Kabuki Waq said:
the best hockey game in the world for 19.99?!?!?!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You strike me as the type of guy who would buy the game, talk all this shit about being great, but when someone challenges you to a game online, you duck.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Rodriguez said:
You strike me as the type of guy who would buy the game, talk all this shit about being great, but when someone challenges you to a game online, you duck.

You got all that from "WOOOOOOOO!" ???

Rodriguez said:

You strike me as someone who gets beaten so badly that he changes his username.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. for non believers, this deal is @ ebgames.com too.

it's the real deal fellas: ESPN NFL 2005 will launch at $19.99!

Whoo hoo! I get the superior game for a cheaper price!

This is actually great, I've been terribly low on money recently and I was going to pass on getting NCAA this year.

Sega helps EA sales! Uh oh!

Archaix said:
Whoo hoo! I get the superior game for a cheaper price!

This is actually great, I've been terribly low on money recently and I was going to pass on getting NCAA this year.

Sega helps EA sales! Uh oh!
haha, thats the exact same problem i was having. thanks to sega i can now pick up their game AND an ea game. wonderful!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
holy crap, i had just ordered counter strike yesterday from them online for 19!

thankfully they arent asshats and after calling they credited my card back 10 bucks :)

SickBoy

I do hope all the Sega Sports games have some real work done on them from the 2K4 games. I'm sure they will, but budget pricing helps raise suspicions.

-SB

Top Bottom