• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Go_Ly_Dow

Considering we've had millions of cases of Omicron across the globe, have there been any reports or solid conclusions that Omicron is capable of triggering severe pneumonia or cytokine storms like Alpha/Delta?

Those were some of the hallmarks of a death that was actually caused by covid, rather than as an aside.

The conversation around severe disease has seemingly vanished. Before this was emphasised and should be communicated to the public, whether omicron can induce these issues or not.

Last edited:
Would you consider the possibility that "compassionate talk" is the literal opposite of what many, if not most unvaccinated people hear\read? If the hypothetical unvaccinated person were to read the last few pages of this thread, who is the person that is:

1. Advocating for people to get vaccinated and,
2. Doing it in a compassionate way.

?

Because I don't see it now, and I haven't seen it on social media much at all. I see a lot of shaming, a lot of name calling, a lot of talking down, and not much compassion.
I think that there's a lot of animosity on both sides at this point. Healthcare workers and hospital admins have routinely gone on the news to sound the alarm, saying that they're in trouble and are at the breaking point. That was over a year ago, and now a lot of them are just quitting the hospitals instead for easier jobs. Tons of low wage workers that deal with customers quit their jobs as well, in large part because of the difficulty of dealing with rude / hateful people that refused mask mandates that the private businesses set themselves. All vaccines are paid for by the government at this point, with lots of polite appeals from every elected leader we have - explaining that it's patriotic and important for your community, your country, and the health and safety of yourself and your family.

The kind approach hasn't moved the needle at all. Part of two way communication is you admitting that this is 100% true. That approach to messaging has 100% failed. No elected leader has ever tried anything but civil and kind communication. If you want to read twitter and see some people being rude and try to use that as some explanation for millions of people ignoring 2 years of clear communication then go ahead I guess.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Define "Fully vaccinated" which your graph states. Is that 2 jabs which was originally the case, or 3 now? or like Israel (and probably everywhere else in 2 months) 4 jabs?
This data is from the CDC and is relevant until October, at which time "fully vaccinated" is defined as having two shots of Moderna/Pfizer, or one shot of J&J. You can see in the graph, that people who had 2 doses were highly protected. People who had 3 doses (at the proper timing) were even more protected. Omicron wasn't around yet in November, so these numbers will be slightly less relevant today. However, early data does indicate that while the vaccines protect less against an individual getting it, it still does a little, and it still highly protects against severe illness and death. This still suggests that getting vaccinated is a very good idea. You will reduce your individual risk as well as your risk of passing it on. You will also be less of a burden on the healthcare system should you get sick.

Also, spreading is determined by mixing with others in both indoor (mainly) and outdoor environments and with constant restrictions in place, this reduces all of that from happening. Some people are basically working & living in their houses these days with everything delivered because their work/life situation has blended ... so should they get another jab if they dont mix?
There are many ways to reduce the chances of you catching COVID. None of them are 100% effective. That is why we have to use a combination of measures to either prevent you from catching it, or treating you if you do catch it. Yes, if you don't go out at all, your risk is very minimal, but there are few people who reduce their contact to 100%. They might think they do, but there are always ways to get exposed. Nevertheless, if the scenario you mentioned, their individual risk is pretty low if they don't go out and no one visits them. However, I would still recommend they get vaccinated, because you don't know when you'll have to go outside for an emergency. Besides, what is there to lose by getting vaccinated? It has a very low risk of causing harm. Tylenol kills more people (458 people a year in the USA) than the COVID19 vaccine (probably 0 but maybe 8 so far out of the millions of doses in the USA).

Chittagong

Gold Member
Considering we've had millions of cases of Omicron across the globe, have there been any reports or solid conclusions that Omicron is capable of triggering severe pneumonia or cytokine storms like Alpha/Delta?

Those were some of the hallmarks of a death that was actually caused by covid, rather than as an aside.

The conversation around severe disease has seemingly vanished. Before this was emphasised.

People are dying around the world rn including

a person in their 90s and living at a nursing home in the southern city of Gwangju.

RIP

T8SC

Gold Member
That approach to messaging has 100% failed.

Well, no, because the majority of people got the x jabs that were offered.

. No elected leader has ever tried anything but civil and kind communication.

Maybe not elected leaders in a Government space, but leaders in the business space have used methods some would deem, unethical and/or cruel.

There are many ways to reduce the chances of you catching COVID. None of them are 100% effective. That is why we have to use a combination of measures to either prevent you from catching it, or treating you if you do catch it. Yes, if you don't go out at all, your risk is very minimal, but there are few people who reduce their contact to 100%. They might think they do, but there are always ways to get exposed. Nevertheless, if the scenario you mentioned, their individual risk is pretty low if they don't go out and no one visits them. However, I would still recommend they get vaccinated, because you don't know when you'll have to go outside for an emergency. Besides, what is there to lose by getting vaccinated? It has a very low risk of causing harm. Tylenol kills more people (458 people a year in the USA) than the COVID19 vaccine (probably 0 but maybe 8 so far out of the millions of doses in the USA).

Ok so, whats the end game then? Because we can't eradicate something like this (Same as with the common cold & flu etc). So do we hope we create a once a year vaccine? But does that mean everyone "needs" it or just those like I mentioned prior? (If so, why not now with the multi-jabs).

Look at Ontario, they've became Marty McFly and gone back in time, even with vaccines. We cannot keep doing this, both for the economy and peoples general health & sanity. I know, I know, "peoples feelings arent quantifiable" I think were your words last time that was mentioned and then you gave us more stats and graphs ... well sorry, but there's more to life than stats, graphs and being stuck inside because all the shops/venues etc are closed for a virus that doesn't kill the majority of people (non-fat-vulnerable etc) and even less so now with the number of vaccines we have throughout the populace.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just so my position is clear and consistent, the "keep flailing"is unhelpful. And disappointing because I've really thought your posts were quite positive, less confrontational, and very thoughtful.

Agreed.

Sorry I do get exasperated at times, especially when after awhile I do lose track of exactly whom is arguing with me and on what specific subject.

To be honest the accusation of me "moving goalposts" got up my nose given that I have been trying to stay on a consistent line of argument, and especially following that with a demand to re-orient the discussion around a single point of contention (vaccine efficacy against Omicron vs Delta) felt like a rhetorical gambit.

My point remains that overall health is a good indicator for probable outcome of most any disease or trauma. The obvious exception being metabolic diseases like cancer where youth may accelerate the process, but even then fitness is going to impact recovery from surgical intervention.

Specifically Rentahamster Rentahamster

If you want to try this again in a more civil manner please restate your core thesis in a short form, because if you try and bombard me with excerpts from reports and articles I've got to be honest and say I'm most likely not going to read them in full. I'd prefer to read the full thing (or a digest thereof) rather than fixate on a few cherry-picked samples. I'd also add that I would rather take my cues from the SA coverage as given that was the region where Omicron emerged it has far and away the most comprehensive data. UK data is significantly behind, and I'm sorry but regression from a couple of weeks of recorded data during the onset of the Omicron wave doesn't strike me as being especially credible beyond the preliminary.

Narasumas

"Doing more research" and "go fund me" are the main things on my COVID bingo card. And that article had them both.

I've probably personally read over 20 different articles with the exact same set up.

1. Doing more research
2. ???
3. Gofundme

It should be aggressively mocked. Telling these people the facts doesn't get through. Making fun of these ideas sometimes gets through a tiny bit. It's a joke, and deserves to be mocked. Now their 4 kids have nothing. Congratulations.

c19.jpg
I can’t respect your opinion on this if you choose to double down and don’t have the decency to respect the loss of life of others. We as a society champion that murderers or pedo rapists shouldn’t get the death penalty…but then we mock others that got sick and died, because what, they didn’t take a vaccine that you took? And mind you, the argument of significant reduction of transmissibility is out the window with Omicron. Some of this is personal choice, sure. I’m sure a lot of it is ignorance too. But I don’t go around making fun of people who died because they fell victim to the fucked up situation of the world we are in.

Do you make fun of the same people who died of COVID who DID get the vaccine? Probably no….and I’ll ask you, what is the difference there? The difference is strictly your INDIFFERENCE for these people who left the world too early and you were too self absorbed in your political and ideological views to put that aside and recognize the sad state of affairs for what it is.

Narasumas

Just so my position is clear and consistent, the "keep flailing"is unhelpful. And disappointing because I've really thought your posts were quite positive, less confrontational, and very thoughtful.
Rentahamster Rentahamster I give credit and respect that he always tries to support his basis with logic, science, or some form of reasoning to rationalize his opinion. I can’t say the same for many others in here who merely hurl insults, marginalize or outright dismiss others who don’t agree with them.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
To be honest the accusation of me "moving goalposts" got up my nose given that I have been trying to stay on a consistent line of argument, and especially following that with a demand to re-orient the discussion around a single point of contention (vaccine efficacy against Omicron vs Delta) felt like a rhetorical gambit.
I don't use that term lightly. You had a disagreement about vaccinated fat people (i.e. faccinated people) vs unvaccinated fat people. I showed you data that everyone is protected against severe outcomes, and then you went on a tangent about sterilizing antibodies and cancer and surgery recoveries. I only point out moving the goalposts so that we can get back on track.
Revenge Of The Sith Prequel GIF

If you want to try this again in a more civil manner
Please don't frame this as if the onus for civility is on me. I have been nothing but civil in my conversations with you both here and on gaming side. No personal insults or cheap shots at your character. Only attacking your opinions and ideas, as proper discussion should be.

please restate your core thesis in a short form
OK, I'll do it again.

if you try and bombard me with excerpts from reports and articles I've got to be honest and say I'm most likely not going to read them in full. I'd prefer to read the full thing (or a digest thereof) rather than fixate on a few cherry-picked samples.
Bombard? I'm only giving you the relevant data excerpts from a larger piece. I'm trying to save you time by highlighting the key segments of information and key takeaways. These aren't cherry picked, I'm giving you the Cliffs Notes. As opposed to what you did? As in give me a link and expect me to read it all? (which I did by the way).

I'd also add that I would rather take my cues from the SA coverage as given that was the region where Omicron emerged it has far and away the most comprehensive data.
Like this data?

Conclusion: The proportion of cases admitted was lower and those admitted were less severe during the first four weeks of the Omicron-dominated fourth wave in Gauteng province of South Africa. Since any combination of a less-virulent virus, comorbidities, high immunity from prior infection(s) or vaccination may be important contributors to this clinical presentation, care should be taken in extrapolating this to other populations with different co-morbidity profiles, prevalence of prior infection and vaccination coverage.

UK data is significantly behind, and I'm sorry but regression from a couple of weeks of recorded data during the onset of the Omicron wave doesn't strike me as being especially credible beyond the preliminary.
Now who's cherry picking?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
please restate your core thesis in a short form
Vaccinations, within six months of 2 doses, or within 3 months of 3 doses, highly reduce the chance of death for everyone, obese and non-obese alike, against all current variants of SARSCOV2, thus it is a good idea for EVERYONE who is eligible, to get it. Agree or disagree?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nothing I said was incorrect nor was a conclusion jumped to. I understand vaccines reduce transmissibility but neither do they erase the chance. I did draw a speculation as to why we see these numbers and chalked it up to behavior changes which you point out.

if we are concerned about selfishness and protecting those who can’t get vaccinated…then why are we not taking about these numbers and that social distancing is now longer a thing we enforce at equal value?

I read not all, but a good chunk of the report. Nothing you noted is new to me and I did read that. Let’s all stop with the gotcha stuff please. You’ve been one of the worst with this hamster.
Rentahamster Rentahamster I give credit and respect that he always tries to support his basis with logic, science, or some form of reasoning to rationalize his opinion. I can’t say the same for many others in here who merely hurl insults, marginalize or outright dismiss others who don’t agree with them.

You've finally come around, eh? I knew you would ever since I laid eyes on that handsome Samus avatar :messenger_blowing_kiss:

🐹

Should they tough it out if they get a bad case of the flu also? The Flu jab isn't mandatory (We'll destroy your life/career until you get a jab) in my country.

I understand what you're getting at but to be fair the flu hasn't caused a disruption in society on a worldwide scale like covid has. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Would you consider the possibility that "compassionate talk" is the literal opposite of what many, if not most unvaccinated people hear\read?
Yup, it is. Everyone's situation is different, and not gets their information conveyed to them in the most compassionate manner. Such is life. Might I say that a lot of this is due to the information bubbles many of us find ourselves in?
Also, consider that much of this uncompassionate talk is a response to their own uncompassionate talk. After all, what is ultimately the more "compassionate" line of dialogue? The one that supports a method to save lives or one that actively harms people and leads to more deaths?

If the hypothetical unvaccinated person were to read the last few pages of this thread, who is the person that is:

?
Uh, me?
Because I don't see it now, and I haven't seen it on social media much at all. I see a lot of shaming, a lot of name calling, a lot of talking down, and not much compassion.
Consider that you might also be in an information bubble. We all might be.

T8SC

Gold Member
I understand what you're getting at but to be fair the flu hasn't caused a disruption in society on a worldwide scale like covid has. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

Remove the flu jab for the old, vulnerable etc and then compare, it'd be a lot closer and probably more comparable. Covid is more dangerous to those same select people that flu is most dangerous too.

I still stand by my idea that the world needs to move from its current "shit the bed every week" stance, to treating it like the flu. It's 2 years later and reading what Ontario has done is frustrating and I dont even live there.

Narasumas

You've finally come around, eh? I knew you would ever since I laid eyes on that handsome Samus avatar :messenger_blowing_kiss:

🐹
Damn, son!! Talk about carrying a chip 😆.

It’s funny reading a post of mine from where we were then in the pandemic then (not that long ago) to where we are now and how much things change in such short time. Attitudes change too with the circumstances. I’ve never not respected you, just thought, like others have said, there were moments here or there where I felt the argument or debate was over minutiae rather than the collective.

I still stand by both statements. You always try to accurately support your positions…but damn you can certainly zero in on your scope, which sometimes for me glossed over my broader subject of importance that I was trying to vocalize. You aight bro :) .

T8SC

Gold Member

When I read stuff like that, it feels like something brought up in the boardroom to give a name to a situation happening on the "shop floor" that they have no actual idea about.

Edit: I'm not saying thats the case here, its just what goes through my head when I read such things. It's like giving a name to an illness we dont know anything about just to make the patient happy that its got a name.

Last edited:

Narasumas

Yup, it is. Everyone's situation is different, and not gets their information conveyed to them in the most compassionate manner. Such is life. Might I say that a lot of this is due to the information bubbles many of us find ourselves in?
That’s kind of my point to Miku… most people aren’t as privileged as many of us are to be informed, or intelligently navigate circumstances such as COVID and it’s related information. it’s hard to blame people for being a product of their environment as a result of pure ignorance.

It’s the people who SHOULD know better, but don’t that I have a harder time garnering sympathy for. I just don’t think it’s as black and white as many other posters in here make it out to be. Like “all these people SHOULD know better”. Thankfully, you do Mr. Neogaf poster….but someone else in different circumstances doesn’t always…and we live in a world with more information readily available than there is actual, real life substance. It’s can be a potential challenge. Btw, not really aimed at you Hamster…just used your quote as a blanket platform for my reply.

Also, consider that much of this uncompassionate talk is a response to their own uncompassionate talk. After all, what is ultimately the more "compassionate" line of dialogue? The one that supports a method to save lives or one that actively harms people and leads to more deaths?

Uh, me?

I would agree that you are the one individual that I've seen in the 5ish pages of this thread I've read that is in favor of vaccination that doesn't come off as an unpleasant individual. Credit to you for that.

I might be in an information bubble an echo chamber, always a possibility. It wouldn't even be possible to communicate all my thoughts about Covid and vaccinations and everything else here. I just clicked in the thread, responded to a post by Clear, had someone send a really nasty reply, which got me to read some more pages. And here we are.

T8SC

Gold Member

Hard to disagree with this, even if I disagree with "some" of whats posted. Polar opposite to the others here who are also pro-vac.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Would you consider the possibility that "compassionate talk" is the literal opposite of what many, if not most unvaccinated people hear\read? If the hypothetical unvaccinated person were to read the last few pages of this thread, who is the person that is:

?

You ain’t the first anti-vax person to swagger into this thread and attempt to shame the rest of us for being big howwible bullies to the anti-vax brigade… and you sure as shit probably won’t be the last.

It’s as painfully transparent as it is pointless.

People at this stage who have no good medical reason for not getting the vaccine, and still refuse to get it, are selfish assholes. Reams upon reams of data exists to show this, two years into this pandemic.

You want compassion? Try having some for all the poor bastards who are immunocompromised, and are having their lives ruined by all of your brave anti-vax freedom fighters, who are too chicken to go and get a harmless jab.

But do feel free to ignore me and just listen to people like Rentahamster, who are doing their level and patient best to get folks like you to wise up and stop being so damn stupid.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Vaccinations, within six months of 2 doses, or within 3 months of 3 doses, highly reduce the chance of death for everyone, obese and non-obese alike, against all current variants of SARSCOV2, thus it is a good idea for EVERYONE who is eligible, to get it. Agree or disagree?

What I'd say is that vaccination highly reduces the likelihood of hospitalization due to severe disease from Covid, and I'd encourage everyone to consider vaccination - most adamantly so if you are an individual in a high-risk group or find yourself (as I do) caring for someone vulnerable.

So I can't say I agree completely, but somewhat.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Now come on, what is it?

Sure as shit? or probably?

Probably more the first one. Every few months somebody else pops up with the same tired arguments and transparent strategy to claim a moral high ground, when in reality they are furthest from it with their selfishness, and unwillingness to help others.

”Oh! Won’t somebody think of the poor anti-vaxxers!“ 😂

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Probably more the first one. Every few months somebody else pops up with the same tired arguments and transparent strategy to claim a moral high ground, when in reality they are furthest from it with their selfishness, and unwillingness to help others.

Of all the so-called anti-vaxxers (as you've labelled them ... or should that be "us"?) on GAF ... when/where have they asked you to take pity on them?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This isn’t the first time you’ve trivialized this into a bravery/lack thereof situation…which I doubt is the reason for many who are unvaccinated. Unless it’s a reverse complex of feeling super brave and macho for having received one…idk 🤷‍♂️

I can only assume that must be a driving factor at this point, given how much data is freely available that shows how safe, effective and important the vaccines are.

I guess just rampant selfishness and entitlement also come into it as well, though. I’d forgotten those. Thanks for setting me straight 👍

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

Anti-vaxxers are basically the longest running, dumbest physical manifestation of the Darwin Awards at this point. No one has ever complained about those each year, yet now that we have them every day out comes the mock outrage.

I don't seek out applicable stories for the Schadenfreude or what not, like the two very busy subreddits, but I certainly no longer feel much compassion when I see yet another story of some dangerous, selfish anti-vaxxer going the well-worn path of HOAX > MASKS DON'T WORK > FAUCI OUCHY > PRAYER WARRIORS > VISIT OUR GOFUNDME

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Anti-vaxxers are basically the longest running, dumbest physical manifestation of the Darwin Awards at this point. No one has ever complained about those each year, yet now that we have them every day out comes the mock outrage.

I don't seek out applicable stories for the Schadenfreude or what not, like the two very busy subreddits, but I certainly no longer feel much compassion when I see yet another story of some dangerous, selfish anti-vaxxer going the well-worn path of HOAX > MASKS DON'T WORK > FAUCI OUCHY > PRAYER WARRIORS > VISIT OUR GOFUNDME

Exactly. Those deserving of time, compassion, understanding and communication have long since had their vaccines. Good for them. I totally understand some being hesitant in the early days. Now though? No excuse.

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Of all the so-called anti-vaxxers (as you've labelled them ... or should that be "us"?) on GAF ... when/where have they asked you to take pity on them?

I'll take the inability to answer, yet post twice since, as "They've never, I just made it up because I talk shit daily on here and rely on Rentahamster Rentahamster to actually put some sense into the discussion you piggyback on with insults" FunkMiller FunkMiller

top-gear-jeremy-clarkson.gif

Narasumas

Do you feel pity for…as an example, a minority youth of the ghetto who embraces a lifestyle of crime and repeats the cycle of his or her peers? I don’t feel pity for the persons actions (as you don’t for the actions of not getting jabbed), but I do feel pity for the person at large and that they are a product of their circumstances. Look, this isn’t a 1:1 analogy but I’m trying to paint a picture that not everyone comes from a perspective that many of us in this thread come from, and therefore we shouldn’t paint with large brushes.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What I'd say is that vaccination highly reduces the likelihood of hospitalization due to severe disease from Covid, and I'd encourage everyone to consider vaccination - most adamantly so if you are an individual in a high-risk group or find yourself (as I do) caring for someone vulnerable.

So I can't say I agree completely, but somewhat.
Then why'd you say "NO" last time? Anyway...

What is the "somewhat" part you have an issue with?

I can’t respect your opinion on this if you choose to double down and don’t have the decency to respect the loss of life of others. We as a society champion that murderers or pedo rapists shouldn’t get the death penalty…but then we mock others that got sick and died, because what, they didn’t take a vaccine that you took? And mind you, the argument of significant reduction of transmissibility is out the window with Omicron. Some of this is personal choice, sure. I’m sure a lot of it is ignorance too. But I don’t go around making fun of people who died because they fell victim to the fucked up situation of the world we are in.

Do you make fun of the same people who died of COVID who DID get the vaccine? Probably no….and I’ll ask you, what is the difference there? The difference is strictly your INDIFFERENCE for these people who left the world too early and you were too self absorbed in your political and ideological views to put that aside and recognize the sad state of affairs for what it is.
Cry me a river. Its not indifference to mock stupid ideas that get people killed. Its indifference to read 20 articles with the exact same cause and effect and then ignore it. Im sure your tone policing will mean a whole lot to them considering they're already dead. I think they would rather be alive and have known how dumb their beliefs were ahead of time.

You ain’t the first anti-vax person to swagger into this thread and attempt to shame the rest of us for being big howwible bullies to the anti-vax brigade… and you sure as shit probably won’t be the last.

It’s as painfully transparent as it is pointless.

People at this stage who have no good medical reason for not getting the vaccine, and still refuse to get it, are selfish assholes. Reams upon reams of data exists to show this, two years into this pandemic.

You want compassion? Try having some for all the poor bastards who are immunocompromised, and are having their lives ruined by all of your brave anti-vax freedom fighters, who are too chicken to go and get a harmless jab.

But do feel free to ignore me and just listen to people like Rentahamster, who are doing their level and patient best to get folks like you to wise up and stop being so damn stupid.
Where have I ever said (in this thread or anywhere else) that any shouldn't be vaccinated? Why would you refer to me with the label "anti-vax" at all?

Narasumas

I'm not going to bother with trite analogies. We're discussing anti-vaxxers in specific circumstances making specific choices nearly two years into an ongoing pandemic. I'm not indulging mock outrage, faux pearl clutching, etc.
I’m not doing any of those things man. I’m trying to communicate my point through example. I’m not outraged or clutching pearls…I’m vaccinated and trying to employ the idea that we are not all from the same situations, nor exposed to the same information. I don’t agree with purposefully furthering a pandemic or endangering others, but I don’t think many in here on the pulpit of pro-vaccination take any nuance into account. Sorry.

Narasumas

Cry me a river. Its not indifference to mock stupid ideas that get people killed. Its indifference to read 20 articles with the exact same cause and effect and then ignore it. Im sure your tone policing will mean a whole lot to them considering they're already dead. I think they would rather be alive and have known how dumb their beliefs were ahead of time.
Your moral scale and mine are calibrated differently apparently.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Where have I ever said (in this thread or anywhere else) that any shouldn't be vaccinated? Why would you refer to me with the label "anti-vax" at all?

Because you‘re spouting all the same lines that previous anti-vaxxers have used repeatedly in this thread as a way to claim some kind of moral high ground. The endless defence of anti-vaxxers is incredibly see through.

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Because your spouting all the same lines that previous anti-vaxxers have used repeatedly in this thread as a way to claim some kind of moral high ground. The endless defence of anti-vaxxers is incredibly see through.

It's over FunkMiller FunkMiller

high-ground.gif

Also; try not to tar everyone with the same brush just because they may have said something that someone else said unbeknownst to them. I mean, I know you're full of rage and probably not getting any at home, but no need to take it out on purvispisgah purvispisgah

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's over FunkMiller FunkMiller

high-ground.gif

Also; try not to tar everyone with the same brush just because they may have said something that someone else said unbeknownst to them. I mean, I know you're full of rage and probably not getting any at home, but no need to take it out on purvispisgah purvispisgah

Maybe if he didn’t try to sanctimoniously tone police other people, he might not meet with such a response. Besides, he - like you - can cheerfully stick me on ignore if you don’t like me pointing out the bullshit 👍

The central point being… stop trying to tell others how we should talk about, or treat anti-vaxxers. If you want to defend them, defend them, but cease with the holier than thou attitude, because it’s patently absurd and isn’t fooling anyone.

Last edited:
Your moral scale and mine are calibrated differently apparently.
Maybe. But I think I'm probably speaking for them more accurately than you are. If they were alive they'd be telling everyone how wrong they were and to go get vaccinated. They wouldn't be saying to respect the wrong ideas that got them killed.

As I said earlier it is a fact that calmly and consistently presenting the facts to these last hold outs doesn't convince them. Maybe mocking the ideas that got them killed will wake up a few people from their mental coma before they or a family member dies and they suddenly change their mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom