• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

sinnergy

BA5 is pretty nuts for heart rate. Sitting with friends chilling with a glass of wine, suddenly get a notification from my Apple Watch that my heart rate is consistently over 120bpm

Pretty much every day:

krmZIII.jpg

BA5 day:

JN4nIkm.jpg

Took a nap after the first warning, hence the dip
It’s like your body is exercising.. (in rest) which it is, that’s why you need rest and not stress your body. I had high heart rates when I exercised 10 hours in a week. Also in rest, but after a couple of days it goes down , 64 - 70 in rest now.

Last edited:

sinnergy

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...st-revamp-of-covid-vaccines-to-target-omicron

I'm ready for some of that cool new shit. Just sent this to my boss and told her to hook me up.

Approved for everyone 12 and up so I just squeaked by.
Depends on how old you are , because I know people who had all the shots and where pretty sick and got it multiple times . I am pretty fucked up after Omnikron now in week 3 but , it seems the worst is over. Your body got to do it , much beter than all those shots imo. I do think that people over. 60 could benefit from all those shots .

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was in the same room yesterday with someone who called me and told me came down with COVID this morning. I didn't go that close to them. I was a few feet away a couple times and we didn't speak much other than a few words, and walked on by, and that was it. Hopefully I don't get it, we'll see. They have a sore throat and are tired.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for this new vaccine cocktail to be available. I want it before winter settles in.
They're ordering it at work today. They just got notice that scheduled boosters for the old formula got blocked today to be replaced with the new one. It's coming soon.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So I’ve been feeling fine since the potential exposure. I woke up today feeling fine, but then started to feel achy and tired. Like you feel when you’ve been up for like 24 straight hours, but I haven’t. Though my sleep wasn’t great either. No other real symptoms no cough or sore throat. I took a rapid test, it came back negative. But I saw it was a week expired. I asked a friend of mine who’s a nurse and said a week shouldn’t matter even if the instructions say don’t use after experation. Should I trust the results or no?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So I’ve been feeling fine since the potential exposure. I woke up today feeling fine, but then started to feel achy and tired. Like you feel when you’ve been up for like 24 straight hours, but I haven’t. Though my sleep wasn’t great either. No other real symptoms no cough or sore throat. I took a rapid test, it came back negative. But I saw it was a week expired. I asked a friend of mine who’s a nurse and said a week shouldn’t matter even if the instructions say don’t use after experation. Should I trust the results or no?
Nasal swab or saliva?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nasal swab or saliva?
Nasal. I just took another test and I scraped my nose with more force and the positive line is super faint barely visible but the negative is very bright. Can’t tell if it’s just under the light or not. Google said that means positive but I don’t know.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Nasal. I just took another test and I scraped my nose with more force and the positive line is super faint barely visible but the negative is very bright. Can’t tell if it’s just under the light or not. Google said that means positive but I don’t know.
We're seeing a lot of negatives at work on the nasal but they show up on the saliva test. Supposedly this new one collects more in the throat, but who knows. If its a negative test its negative. But if you don't feel good or have a fever might as well stay home either way. I had something a few months ago that felt like mild covid but I tested negative as well. Could be flu.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for this new vaccine cocktail to be available. I want it before winter settles in.
Same. The company I work for has already reached out to local providers so they know where to send us when the time comes.

sinnergy

Even if it’s light it’s positive.. it’s just because there aren’t enough anti bodies, or the line will become brighter after a new tests in a few days or it is gone , could mean that you had COVID and that your body already cleared . My antibodies where gone after about a week, which left me with a barely noticeable line . 2 days later another test just for fun and the line was gone .. but I had terrible post COVID symptoms.. so all in all I couldn’t work for 3 weeks. But I feel fine now! Ready to take on life.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Headache and body aches have improved, right now just insanely tired and weak. Like when I stand up from laying down I get very lightheaded. Hopefully a couple more days of rest knocks the worst of this out.

I had a kind of bizarre case of influenza B. I got it from a coworker who didn't have any vacation time to take off sick; think she only gets 5-7 days a year and she took it all off for covid.

Coughed for 10 days due to post nasal drip, but felt fine, then yesterday I spiked a fever finally, ribs hurt, fatigue; slept half the day. My resting heart rate is between 45-60, but I was at 106 laying on the couch. All my covid tests were negative all of last week into yesterday.

Today I feel better; coughing a lot less, but ribs still hurt.

IT could potentially be a pneumonia, but I can take a full deep breath without issue.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
honestly nowadays the symptoms are so mild that you don't even need vaccine unless you're vulnerable. If you get it there is a pill that will prevent you from getting sick enough to require hospitalization. My 2 cents

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Symptom wise I’m doing a lot better. However, the one lingering thing is fatigue and just feeling weak/lightheaded.

Got a good 9 hours of sleep last night and woke up feeling like I could sleep 9 more.

My doctor told me that fatigue symptoms for people linger a couple weeks after the initial week of COVID. Has that been everyone’s experience?

Symptom wise I’m doing a lot better. However, the one lingering thing is fatigue and just feeling weak/lightheaded.

Got a good 9 hours of sleep last night and woke up feeling like I could sleep 9 more.

My doctor told me that fatigue symptoms for people linger a couple weeks after the initial week of COVID. Has that been everyone’s experience?
The first time I got it (I've had it twice), I slept for almost 24 hours straight in the beginning because I was completely wiped. I've never had that amount of exhaustion or slept for such a long stretch at any other point in life. And then I was also really fatigued for almost a month afterwards, so in my experience, yes, fatigue lingered for a long while afterwards. This was back at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021. I felt like I wasn't going to ever get my energy back, I was just *drained*.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The first time I got it (I've had it twice), I slept for almost 24 hours straight in the beginning because I was completely wiped. I've never had that amount of exhaustion or slept for such a long stretch at any other point in life. And then I was also really fatigued for almost a month afterwards, so in my experience, yes, fatigue lingered for a long while afterwards. This was back at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021. I felt like I wasn't going to ever get my energy back, I was just *drained*.
Still dealing with lightheaded ness and fatigue. I haven’t felt like myself. I haven’t even been sick for 2 weeks though, so I’m gonna give it some time, but it’s just annoying. I feel like I can’t even really do anything that I’m just wasting all these days. But every time I try to push it some it doesn’t turn out well. Feeling a tad better the last couple days knock on wood, hopefully I’m finally turning a corner. Just hope it isn’t long COVID and is just something that’s gonna take a few weeks to clear up.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My first three immunizations were Moderna. Yesterday I got one of the new shots, one that also targets the latest strain - only they were out of Moderna so I went ahead with the Pfizer. I also got my flu vaccine at the same time.

I am having the same kind of dissociated feeling I had when I caught COVID. Just weird. Thankfully no other symptoms yet but I'm afraid it's going to hit me in the morning.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I really wonder how the fuck I haven't gotten Covid yet. I do everything wrong, I live in a dense urban area, I go to shows and crowded venues all the time, I went to Comic Con... I was vaccinated early and I am boosted, but so is everyone at this point.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I really wonder how the fuck I haven't gotten Covid yet. I do everything wrong, I live in a dense urban area, I go to shows and crowded venues all the time, I went to Comic Con... I was vaccinated early and I am boosted, but so is everyone at this point.
Statistics are weird.

confused paul rudd GIF

Fools idol

Banned
Headache and body aches have improved, right now just insanely tired and weak. Like when I stand up from laying down I get very lightheaded. Hopefully a couple more days of rest knocks the worst of this out.
Not to worry you but I felt like that for 4 fucking weeks. I was still bedridden and coughing my guts up long after my wife and kid got better. I don't think I got my energy back for at least 2 months.

Gibbs

Got my 2nd booster Saturday evening and had minimal side effects such as a sore arm, headache, got light headed twice, and was tired. Overall not bad considering the first three shots were a living hell. Feeling fine today.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Not to worry you but I felt like that for 4 fucking weeks. I was still bedridden and coughing my guts up long after my wife and kid got better. I don't think I got my energy back for at least 2 months.
I’m steal dealing with it. It’s why I haven’t been as active on the boards lately. I’ve had ringing in the ears and dizziness everyday since and looking at screens really triggers motion sickness hardcore. My doctors don’t think it’s COVID related because they said this isn’t really a typical long COVID symptom. But obviously we still don’t know a ton about COVID so I don’t know what’s causing it. I have a bunch of tests lined up to figure it out. All the typical COVID symptoms cleared up long ago.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Even more studies are out. Ivermectin doesn't work.

Key Points

Question Does ivermectin, 400 μg/kg, daily for 3 days, compared with placebo, shorten symptom duration among adult (≥30 years) outpatients in the US with symptomatic mild to moderate COVID-19?

Findings In this double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled platform trial conducted in the US during a period of Delta and Omicron variant predominance, and that included 1591 adult outpatients with COVID-19, the posterior probability of improvement in time to recovery in those treated with ivermectin vs placebo had a hazard ratio of 1.07, with a posterior probability of benefit of .91. This did not meet the prespecified threshold of posterior probability greater than .95.

Meaning These findings do not support the use of ivermectin in outpatients with mild to moderate COVID-19.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If anyone remembers that quack group America's Frontline Doctors who was pushing hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, it turns out their leader spent millions of donation money on extravagant shit and now the organization is trying to kick her out.

For months, AFLDS has been split between its board and Gold, the group’s charismatic founder and convicted Capitol rioter, over an internal audit into Gold’s personal spending. That dispute spilled into the open on Nov. 5, when the board sued Gold to try and force her to stop representing the organization, in a lawsuit first reported by Vice News. Now the lawsuit’s outcome could determine the fate of the group driving much of the medical disinformation on the pro-Trump right.

AFLDS is tearing itself apart in a fight over what Gold’s rivals describe as her extravagant spending using the group’s funds. The alleged purchases include $100,000 on a single private jet trip and $50,000 a month in Gold’s personal expenses. Much of the controversy has centered on AFLDS’s purchase of a $3.6 million mansion in Naples, Florida., where Gold lives with her boyfriend: a much younger underwear model and fellow Capitol rioter.

The audit investigated other expenses, including the purchase of three vehicles in Florida and Gold’s alleged spending of roughly $50,000 a month on personal expenses—including $5,600 a month on house cleaning. The board also alleges that Strand, who is awaiting sentencing in his Capitol riot case, spent roughly $15,000 a month on his own expenses.

The board has also cited Gold’s use of private jets, claiming that she spent as much as $100,000 on one trip without authorization. An ally of Gold’s provided The Daily Beast with a picture of Gilbert on a private jet with Strand, in an attempt to show that Gilbert knew about the expenses.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
If anyone remembers that quack group America's Frontline Doctors who was pushing hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, it turns out their leader spent millions of donation money on extravagant shit and now the organization is trying to kick her out.

Well yea, everyone pushing the fake cures were either grifters or those dumb enough to be grifted. There was absolutely no inbetween.

Top Bottom